Photography by Marirosa Reviews

116 Reviews for Photography by Marirosa

• Charlotte

Charlotte · Married on 02/15/2020

Incredible Photographer!!!

Marirosa was amazing for our small intimate wedding in DC! In addition to taking the most beautiful pictures, she also helped me create my wedding timeline to keep the pictures on track since we were taking pictures in a couple different locations. When my bridesmaids and I were running behind to the first look location she helped keep us in order, taking some of my favorite candid pictures, and even got us ahead of schedule which allowed more time for pictures at our final location before the reception. She made taking pictures in the cold so much fun and she is was so personable with not only me and my husband, but also our families and bridal party.
    After the wedding she worked to get me multiple USBs of all the pictures so we could give them to our parents and surprised us with so many 5x7 prints that we were not expecting to receive at all! She also was who we used for our wedding photo album and it exceeded all expectations and we love that the quality of it is something that will last for years and years!
    I can't recommend her enough if you are looking for a photographer in the DC/VA area!

Sent on 09/17/2020

Photography by Marirosa's reply:

Charlotte! Thank you so so much for your kind words!! Loved documenting your wedding day! xo, Marirosa
  • Christian

Christian L. · Married on 12/15/2019

Professionalism at its Finest

Marirosa will make sure that your experience is well worth the wait. She makes sure everything has been properly scheduled and is as thorough as you want any professional photographer to be, and some. No wonder she’s always rated amongst the highest in the DC area. You are the best!

Sent on 12/18/2019
  • Jane

Jane · Married on 09/14/2019

The GOAT Wedding Photographer

Marirosa is the "Greatest Of All Time" wedding photographer as my husband has said multiple times during our wedding and now almost a month afterwards!

My husband and I are not huge picture people but Marirosa made our photography experience so much less stressful. The engagement session was a blast and she made our wedding day pictures a breeze! Rachel was also a saint for dealing with 10 groomsmen for pictures.!

I can't thank Mariorsa enough for helping us replay the best day of our lives. We will forever appreciate you!

Sent on 10/07/2019

Photography by Marirosa's reply:

Jane & Pat! Thank you so much! You guys have been amazing to work with!! :) I hope you continue to enjoy your photos! xoxo

Jacqueline O. · Married on 08/24/2019

Simply wonderful

Marirosa is wonderful. Throughout our planning process she had many great touches and suggestions to make sure our day went smoothly and had all the pictures we wanted. She was efficient and professional and we did not feel like we were missing out on any celebration to incorporate the photos we wanted. We only just had the reception but have already seen some of her great handiwork and are beyond pleased. Highly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 08/26/2019
  • Meghan

Meghan · Married on 05/26/2019

Amazing Photographer

As soon as I got engaged, my first priority was setting the venue and then choosing a photographer. My sister had worked with Marirosa years ago and stayed in touch via social media. As soon as I was ready to start interviewing photographers, my sister told me to reach out to her and I am so glad that I did!

I initially chose Marirosa based off of her beautiful wedding portfolio and because I felt comfortable with her. After going through this now, I think it is extremely important to connect and feel comfortable with your vendors, especially your photographer because they are with you throughout your entire day.

Marirosa was so much more than a photographer. She put me in touch with other vendors who I can say 100% helped to make my wedding day perfect. This team was Soliloquy Bridal, A2Z Music Factory, and Rick’s Flowers.

Marirosa put me at ease throughout my entire day, assisted with cake cutting, surprised my flower girls with cute stuffed animals, also surprised me and Jack with a framed picture of a photo she JUST took of us like 30 minutes prior!! The picture was waiting for us at our table and it was the sweetest surprise.

I did a lot of research and read countless reviews before choosing my vendors. There are many talented photographers but what makes Marirosa stand out is her personality, her wedding team, the beautiful moments she captures and her quick delivery. She was able to document all of the important parts of my wedding day and I can’t thank her enough.

Sent on 07/20/2019

Photography by Marirosa's reply:

Thank you so much Meghan! Your words means so much! It was an honor to photograph you and Jacks day! Xoxo
  • Z

Zeke · Married on 03/16/2019

Marirosa Captured Our Perfect Wedding Day

Starting with our engagement session and ending with our wedding day, Marirosa was an absolute pleasure to work with! She suggested great options for our engagement session, and was extremely helpful coaching us through our first professional session. The pictures she captured were great, and we used them for our wedding announcements and website.

Marirosa is very heartwarming and cheerful! She always greeted with with a smile and made sure we had all the information we needed during the preparation for our wedding day. She was happy to meet with us to plan out our wedding shoot. She was a delight to work with, and she always put us first to ensure she captured all the photographs and moments we wanted!

Marirosa worked with us (and our wedding planner) to create a wedding day timeline that allowed for so many pictures with family and friends. She was a true team player, and she worked side by side with our wedding planner to make sure that no details were missed in capturing our wedding day! On the day of the wedding, she was very organized and made sure that she captured all the pictures we had planned. Plus, Marirosa’s ability to speak Spanish made it very easy to gather family members for pictures. She was very meticulous during the wedding party pictures, and she captured wonderful Bride and Groom moments immediately after the wedding!

During the reception, Marirosa was constantly moving around to capture the Bride and Groom moments, plus many that we missed throughout the night. She captured the wedding party entry, first dances, and cake cutting perfectly! We have amazing pictures of friends and family having a great time dancing thank to Marirosa! While eating at the sweetheart table, Marirosa presented us with a picture she had captured a few minutes before and printed for us. It was a wonderful gesture!

Marirosa captured all of the wonderful moments during our wedding day! She made our wedding day unforgettable. She knew when and where to capture the best memories. All of our photos are fantastic and she posted them all online to a gallery for us to download and share. When we met to get a USB drive with all our pictures, she had printed a photobook with some of the best pictures from the wedding night. This was another wonderful gesture, and shows exactly how much Marirosa cares about the clients she works for

Sent on 05/11/2019
  • Connie

Connie M. · Married on 03/08/2019

Could not be better

Photography by Marirosa did a fabulous job at our recent wedding in Denver, CO. Marirosa’s calm professionalism was a great help to the day and the pictures are stunning. I highly recommend Photography by Marirosa.

Sent on 03/23/2019
  • Leandro

Leandro H. · Married on 12/01/2018

We are so happy we chose Marirosa to document our special day!

From the moment we met Marirosa, I knew she was the photographer we wanted to document our wedding. My Bride and I couldn’t stop talking how amazing she was throughout the ceremony and the reception. Having worked in the hospitality business for years, I know that great service is attentive without being noticed. It felt like Marirosa knew our families for years and blended right in very quick to capture the special moments throughout our special day. Her coordination to work with our dj and videographer shows her experience and we were very happy to see the communication flowed all through the night. The little drizzle didn’t stop Marirosa from taking pictures of us outside at the venue and we just can’t thank her enough for getting a little weight off from our shoulders. If I had to pick a word to describe Marirosa, it will be magnificent. Magnificent because that was her service from day one we met to consult, going the extra mile for us the day of our wedding and the days after.

Sent on 12/03/2018

Devin · Married on 09/29/2018

Marirosa, look no further. She is everything and more. We were only hoping to find a photographer we would be comfortable with and ended up finding a new friend. She is absolutely AMAZING and really goes that extra mile in everything she does. She is the first name I mention when asked. I cannot rave enough about her. I promise you she will far exceed any expectations you have within moments of meeting her!

Sent on 10/02/2018

Lindsey · Married on 09/29/2018

Marirosa is everything you're looking for in a photographer and more. She is friendly, reasonably priced, incredibly responsive and truly pleasant to be around. She came prepared for every scenario and she not only took stunning pictures for our wedding, but got our photos back to us in less than a week and was there the day of to help me stay calm, put on my dress and a thousand other little things. She is extremely professional but made us feel at ease and relaxed from the day we met her over a year before our wedding. We now consider her a close friend, and you will not regret choosing her as your wedding photographer.

Sent on 10/07/2018

Cindy · Married on 09/01/2018

Marirosa is the absolute best - she helped to make our wedding day fun, stress-free, and our pictures are absolutely beautiful! From the very beginning, she makes you feel completely taken care of because she is so organized and knowledgeable. She is always available if you have any questions along the way, and has a questionnaire to fill out beforehand to make sure that she captures every photo you could want on your day!

On our wedding day, she arrived early (we did not even know she was there) and by the time she came to say hello, most of the detail photos had already been taken! She had a timeline which helped to keep us on schedule throughout the day and she was so fun to work with. Since she has had so much experience, she came prepared with safety pins, etc. just in case! She truly goes above and beyond to make sure that everything goes as smoothly as possible and to make sure you have fun and enjoy the moment.

Marirosa posted a peek the next morning, a blog post the following Tuesday, and we actually received our full wedding gallery within a week! It was so fun to be able to go through all of the photos while we were on our honeymoon and to be able to enjoy them together before getting back to the real world. The photos were incredible, and we are so thankful that Marirosa was there to capture the most important day of our lives for us - thank you Marirosa for the beautiful pictures!

Sent on 09/11/2018

Kirsten · Married on 05/26/2018

I cannot say enough good things about Marirosa, I don't even know where to begin. From the moment we first met her, we knew that she would be the perfect person to have photograph our wedding. She is so enthusiastic and knowledgeable about photography and makes you feel extremely comfortable. She was always available with great advice whenever we needed it, and I felt like I could go to her with any of my questions throughout my wedding planning process.

During our wedding, she had a time line and made sure to help keep everything on track without ever making me feel the least bit stressed. She is great at keeping you calm, and making things move along in a timely manner. She is extremely professional, but makes the day very fun. Our wedding day was very smooth and I owe that to Marirosa. She goes above and beyond for her brides and does everything that she can to make the day perfect.

Our wedding pictures came out better than we could have dreamed. She had a sneak peak for us the day after our wedding and more pictures available with a blog on the following Wednesday. Our full wedding gallery was then available less than two weeks after our wedding. We could not believe how many beautiful pictures we received. Marirosa works so hard to ensure true happiness for her brides and grooms and it really shows how much pride she takes in her work. Having Marirosa as our photographer was the best choice that we made in planning our wedding. We cannot thank Marirosa enough!!!

Sent on 06/25/2018

Kirsten!
    Thank you so much for your words and review! I am beyond thrilled to know you and Ryan had an amazing experience! I'm so happy you guys will have those images and hope they bring back all the wonderful memories of your wedding day! Your day was truly spectacular! Thank you for trusting me and allowing me to tell you and Ryan's love story! xoxo

Clay · Married on 05/19/2018

There is not enough space here to be able to say how truly exceptional Marirosa is. She is absolutely incredible at what she does, is one of the most personable people we will probably ever meet, and truly has a heart of gold. She will do anything to get the best, most dynamic, and emotion inducing photos for whatever your occasion may be. From our first phone call (which was over an hour because I had a thousand questions) I could tell that I met not just a photographer, but a friend. She replied to any of our emails same day (or within 6 hours it seemed) and was always so knowledgeable and informative. She also made sure to meet with us a few times prior to our engagement sessions and our "big day" to go over the details. Taking some of these photos can be awkward at first, but she made it so easy to just forget about the photos and just enjoy each other, she did the rest.

However few or many different poses, group shots, etc you may have wanted, she had it organized to the last detail on how best to pose everyone and to cycle guests in and out to be as efficient as possible. She also always checked in with us since we booked her about a year and a half out from our wedding day! Marirosa also adds the little personable touches like sending us mugs at Christmas, personalized letters with our photos, and even had a print out of one of our photos waiting on our table from that day!

She is a treasure, and we will never have enough wonderful things to say about her. Your search should stop with her for any photography needs!

Sent on 06/27/2018

Photography by Marirosa's reply:

Love you guys!!! thank you!!

D · Married on 03/24/2018

I don’t even know where to start to properly describe how wonderful it was working with Marirosa as our wedding photographer for our March 2018 wedding. Booking her was one of the first decisions my husband and I made in our wedding planning, and it was absolutely one of the best. Marirosa was (is, actually) a DREAM to work with. Her photo galleries speak for themselves – you can see just by looking through them how wonderful her photography is. The best part was getting to know her and learning that she’s as amazing as her work. From our first email exchange to our first in person meeting to our engagement session to the day of the wedding, every aspect of working with Marirosa was easy. On the day of the wedding, Marirosa and her second photographer, Rachel, did more than take beautiful photos. They helped make the day fun and easy. They were everything from stylists to timekeepers to therapists to everything in between. I can’t imagine our wedding day without them. And the photos … sigh. My husband and I couldn’t be happier with the results. And she is SPEEDY! We had sneak peeks of beautiful photos the day after the wedding, and the whole lot shortly afterward. I highly recommend Marirosa – I can’t imagine anyone else documenting our most important moments.

Sent on 05/04/2018

Diane,
    Thank you so much for your kind words! I've loved working with you and Eric! Wishing you both all the happiness in the world! And I totally need to hear about the amazing honeymoon! xoxo

Christy · Married on 02/17/2018

I cannot say enough nice things about Marirosa! She's so warm, funny, and easy to work with and her photos are absolutely stunning. My wedding day was a crazy day with so many unknown details but Marirosa provided so much support and structure to keep me sane - I cannot imagine what my wedding day would have been like without her. I received my gorgeous pictures shortly after the wedding and I can't stop looking at them. I never thought I'd spend much time or money on wedding photography but I'm so glad I did. She was worth every penny!

Sent on 03/06/2018

Christy!
    thank you so much for your kind words! I Love your images...and the snow! :) thanks for being amazing and letting me share and capture your day!!
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 10/28/2017

WOW. Where do I begin with Marirosa?! She was amazing from the second I reached out to her. I found her through WeddingWire and all the glowing reviews everyone else left. We met in her studio office and chatted about our plans and our wedding for a near 2 hours. We knew she was "the photographer" for us just from the connection we instantly had with her, but what sealed the deal for my husband and I was how willing she was to hit up Taco Bell after our wedding -- it was a BIG deal to us.

Leading up to the big day, Marirosa was phenomenal. I'm a HUGE communicator and her communication with us was on point! She never left an email unanswered and answered questions with lightening speed! Then came our wedding day and Marirosa and Mindy captured some amazing moments for us. They are both so great to talk to and work with, and definitely put wedding jitters at ease. My husband and I absolutely LOVE our pictures and will forever remember the best day of our lives so vividly because of the great work Marirosa does. We love her to pieces and are looking forward to staying in her PBM family as our lives continue and our family (hopefully) grows in the future.

Sent on 11/15/2017

Photography by Marirosa's reply:

Thank you so much Ashley and Matt. You guys are already part of the PBM family! I mean, who else will go on Taco Bell Runs at 1am!!! I'd do it anytime!! thank you for your trust but also for your friendship!

Stephanie · Married on 10/12/2017

Marirosa was truly a pleasure to work with! She has a bubbly personality that will put any nervous brides and grooms immedietely at ease! From the moment we met, I just knew we would get along! She also has a unique artistic flair, and truly captured the essence of my October "Marie Antoinette" themed wedding. Thanks to her, I now have timeless, gorgeous photos that I can look back on and re-live all the little moments that can get forgotten in the rush of the whole wedding experience.

As far as her pricing, you cannot get a better value int he DMV area. In addition to a complimentary engagement shoot, she also adds personal little touches that make you feel special from the moment you book! From cute bridal themed chocolates and tote bags to pretty fabric wrappings, she makes the entire photography experience wonderful. I highly, highly recommend!!!

Sent on 02/16/2018

Karen · Married on 09/15/2017

I can not recommend Marirosa enough. She is professional, insightful, helpful, responsive, and most of all, kind and fun. After our initial meeting I knew without a doubt she was who I wanted to document our wedding day, and I was certainly not disappointed. On the day of our wedding she was there every step of the way and captured wonderful photos that my husband and I will treasure for the rest of our lives. She works fast too - we had a "sneak peak" of multiple images the day after our wedding, a full blog post and slideshow within 3 days, and our ENTIRE gallery of hundreds of photos within 10 days! She is a true gem and I would without hesitation recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding photographer!

Sent on 09/27/2017

Karen,
    Being able to witness and document your wedding has been such a highlight! I love the images myself and thrilled you trusted me to capture such a perfect day!
    xoxo

Katie · Married on 09/08/2017

I wondered how could anyone capture and express through photography the most important day in my daughter’s life? Mariposa definitely filled that role! Her photos allowed us all to relive that precious day with tears in our eyes and joy in our hearts as we looked through the multitude of photos taken on the day of the wedding. She has a gifted eye for composition and I loved her take charge attitude. Her humor was infectious and her pleasant ,friendly demeanor shows that she loves her job! View her sample photos and you can see & feel her caring spirit show through with her attention to detail and arrangements. I wanted the best professional and I found the best professional in Mariposa!

Sent on 09/20/2017

Photography by Marirosa's reply:

Thank you so much for your words! I'm thrilled to know you and your family love the photos!

R · Married on 08/19/2017

It was almost a year ago when I sent my first message to Marirosa asking if she would be able to shoot a "surprise" proposal at the end of June. I had no idea what i was getting into nor did I know how nerve-racking the day was going to be, but Marirosa assured me that everything would be perfect. Given that I was planning this remotely, I didn't believe her. She worked with me to mark up Google Maps image and select the precise location that I would pop the question to the love of my life.

Crazy, right? A photographer that actually helped pick the perfect location and calmed my nerves every time I called with a different question. Marirosa is incredible and went over and beyond all of my expectations. That may be expected, but she was also a blast to work with which made the shoot that much more fun. Her photos speak for themselves, but if you need me to say it to believe what you see then let me tell you, she's pretty damn good at what she does. I can't wait to find a reason to work with her again!

Sent on 05/23/2017

Brooke · Married on 05/20/2017

How can I even begin with writing this review?? I have nothing but amazing, wonderful things to say about Marirosa. I found Marirosa on wedding wire. Once I visited her website I was immediately in love and knew she had to capture my big day. She had this promo video on her website that I watched, and was at work sitting at my desk crying saying she is the one!! (other than my now, husband, of course.) I remember my first phone call to Marirosa and our visit to her studio. We were both drawn to her and so excited to be working together. The process of working with her was nothing but amazing. She goes above and beyond the call of duty for a wedding photographer. Once you hire her and she is on board she becomes your friend and confidant. We got so many nice surprises throughout the wedding planning process (not going to share those because once you hire her you will get them too and see what I am talking about!) She really is amazing. So responsive and timely, organized, detail oriented, professional, extremely outgoing, friendly...etc. She is the best. Our engagement session and photos turned out just beautiful and we LOVE our album. The wedding pictures are seriously perfect and she managed to capture absolutely everything that I wanted. She was with us for 10 hours on the wedding day and did such a superb job. Thank you also to Emily Alyssa for helping to capture our big day and for dealing with those rowdy groomsmen. Stop looking around and hire Marirosa. YOU MUST. She is the best!!! Thank you for everything Marirosa. You made our big day just perfect!

Sent on 06/09/2017

Photography by Marirosa's reply:

Brooke and Jon! Each and everyone of my couples holds such a special place in my heart! I am the lucky one that I get to witness and document such a love story! Thank you for your trust and friendship! xoxo

Tyler · Married on 04/22/2017

I must admit, Marirosa was one of my vendors where when I look back on my wedding day, I think, "I would not have gotten through that day without her". She was one of the first vendors I sought out after hearing gleaming reviews from my venue coordinators. Knowing that Marirosa was already very comfortable with my venue was the first plus. Then, we met in person. As someone who can be awkward in front of a camera (don't even get me started on my husband!), having a strong, trustworthy working relationship with our photographer was key. Marirosa far exceeded our hopes and dreams on that one. During our engagement session, she kept us laughing, she kept us as loose as she could (trust me, I'm sure it was hard with us!), and she treated my dog Toby like he was part of the family.

Then, the wedding day. I could go on and on about all the amazing things Marirosa and her associate photographer Emily did for us, but let's just put it this way- Marirosa is a jack of all trades. She can calm nerves, loop dress buttons, bustle a chapel length gown in minutes, help a shaky bride steady her hand for a cake cutting, wade gracefully through family drama when it came to photos, and take impeccable shots of everyone without breaking a sweat (or if she did, I certainly did not see it). No joke, she stood out in the pouring rain for over five minutes just so she could get group shots of my bridesmaids and me outside our venue. Didn't even skip a beat. Marirosa is just one of those people who, as my new husband and I were driving away from the venue at the end of the night, I thought "I am so lucky to have found her".

Words cannot express my gratitude, Marirosa, for all you did for us from day one onward. You gave us 100% and then some, and we are so, so grateful.

Sent on 05/05/2017

Photography by Marirosa's reply:

Thank you so much for this. I love every wedding I am honored to photograph- but more than that I love my couples. Thank you for allowing me to document you guys wedding - and treating us like family. I means the world to me know know that I was able to help make your wedding day even more amazing day. Xoxo
  • Kylie

Kylie · Married on 04/15/2017

10 stars if I could! Rating is not enough. I had to take the extra time to write about this amazing photographer! From the moment she stepped into my bridal suite on Sat April 15th she was there to offer kleenex, sewing kit for my ripped bustle, fixers for my fallen eyelash (fake, lol), water and tons of love and support!! She made me feel like a true princess. I only had to look at her and she knew what I needed, before I could even voice my concern or anxiety. She captured all the sweet, quiet moments of the day, as well as the loud and crazy moments. A beautiful friend and an absolutely fantastic PHOTOGRAPHER!! YOU NEED this lady in your life and in your wedding!!! Much Love, Kylie

Sent on 04/19/2017

Photography by Marirosa's reply:

Thank you is not enough for your kind words! It means the world to me to know you guys are happy! I loved being able to witness and photograph your love story! Thank you for treating us like family! love, Marirosa

Cindy · Married on 02/18/2017

Marirosa is the best in the business!! It was the best decision we made. She made the whole process enjoyable and FUN!!

Thank you!! It was a pleasure ????

Sent on 02/22/2017