Lynnie
WeddingWire Administrator October 2016

Who is in your wedding party?

Lynnie, on June 25, 2019 at 11:05 AM Posted in Planning 0 139
Saved Save

Who did you ask to be in your "I do" crew?? Friends, family, or a little bit of both?

Who is in your wedding party? 1

Photo from Envy Lifestyle & Event Design in Orlando

Next Question: Who did you share your engagement news with first?

Back to the Beginning: Friends or family?

139 Comments

• Allie
    Rockstar August 2019
    Allie ·

We don't have a wedding party really but the flower girls will be my FH's daughter and my cousin and the ring bearers will be my two cousins. So, family!

• Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    Mostly friends. His brother was also a groomsman.
  • Caytlyn
    Champion November 2019
    Caytlyn ·

Mostly friends. My sister is my MOH, she is the only family member in the party.

• NextChapterReady
    Super October 2019
    NextChapterReady ·

We did friends and family! And in most cases our friends are like family so it's a close group

• Brianna
    Super October 2019
    Brianna ·

Both! My 16yo sister is my MOH, my 7 yo sister and FH's niece are flower girls, FH's nephew is ring bearer, and two groomsmen are FH's brothers. FH's two twin 13 yo daughters are junior bridesmaids as well. Then 4 more bridesmaids and 4 more groomsmen (all friends).

• Natalia
    Expert October 2020
    Natalia ·

Friends. My best friend, someone I consider a sister, is my MOH and her sister is my bridesmaid. I was thinking of including my FHs two amazing cousins in my party, also. As for my FH, three of his 5 groomsmen are his brothers.

• Jessica
    VIP September 2020
    Jessica ·
    I asked my best friend and my cousin, at this point we’re having family drama that will (hopefully) be resolved before the wedding. I’m fine with just having my BFF though.
  • Kelsey
    Super September 2020
    Kelsey ·

A little of both. My MOH is my best friend from college, then my bridesmaids are my cousin and another friend from college. My FH has 3 friends from the coast guard as his groomsmen an BM. Then the flower girls are my cousin's daughter and my FH's nieces; ring bearer is my cousin's son.

• Talia
    Super October 2020
    Talia ·

MOH- my sister

FSIL and my 2 cousins are my other bridesmaids.

My 4 Year old cousin is our flower girl. We don't have a ring bearer.

• Kate
    Dedicated November 2019
    Kate ·

My side is almost all family, since FH and I have 3 sisters between the two of us. MOH is my sister, and the BMs are FH's two sisters and my best friend from college.

FH's side is a collection of friends - 2 from HS, 1 from college, and 1 from grad school.

• Dita
    Expert August 2019
    Dita ·
    MOH - older sister
    Bridesmaids - younger sister, best friend (who is like a sister), FH’s sister (who I’m close with), FH’s cousin (who I’ve acrually been friends with for 10+ years before I even met FH) and lastly, another SIL
  • Jen
    Super May 2018
    Jen ·

A little of both. My MOH was my sister and I had 2 friends as bridesmaids

• Cristy
    Rockstar May 2020
    Cristy ·

My BMs are all family (sister, daughter, cousin), but FHs GMs are all friends.

• K
    Dedicated July 2020
    Kaitlyn ·
    Our siblings and children.
  • Arielle
    Expert May 2020
    Arielle ·

My BMs are my sister, FH's sister, and 3 close friends. My niece will be a flower girl along with my FH's goddaughter. Hoping my nephew will be a ring bearer, he doesn't like the idea.

• Kristen
    Savvy May 2020
    Kristen ·
    My MOH is my sister and then my 3 bridesmaids are cousins. My FHs side is all friends.
  • Lauren
    VIP February 2020
    Lauren ·
    We have both! My bridesmaids consist of 4 friends, my 2 sister-in-laws, and 1 cousin. FH’s groomsmen consist of his dad, brother, my 2 brothers, and 3 friends. We have my 4 nephews as ring bearers, and my niece is our flower girl.
  • E
    Dedicated October 2020
    Erin ·
    I have no siblings so my bridal party is 4 of my friends. My fiancé however has 4 siblings so one of his brothers will be the best man and the other is one of the groomsmen and his two sisters are doing ceremony readings
  • Jennifer
    Super September 2020
    Jennifer ·
    My cousin is my MOH and his brother is his BM. My cousin's daughter is the flower girl. That's it! Easy breezy.
  • Gen
    Master June 2019
    Gen ·

My MOH was my very best friend who I have known since 7th grade, and my bridesmaids were one of my best friends from high school, my best friend from childhood who I basically grew up with, and my mom's best friend's daughter who I also grew up with and is basically like a cousin to me. My husband's groomsmen were his 2 best friends from high school and his 2 best friends from college.

We wanted to involve our siblings too though (we each have 1 younger brother) so we had husband's brother walk him down the aisle along with their dad, and my brother officiated our ceremony

Comment on this discussion