Mrs.ChanelNewNew
VIP November 2014

Who are you/did you bring to your tasting?

Mrs.ChanelNewNew, on April 3, 2014 at 6:03 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 27
Saved Save

I just received the invite for my group tasting and it includes 4 people. I was thinking me, FH, my mom and my DOC would go. My mom doesn't see why I want to invite my DOC and I think it's because she wants my step dad to come. My DOC is more like planner. She communicates with me daily, helps me make choices, helps me with vendors, and has been amazing. She used to actually be the event coordinator at the venue so she's familiar with it, knows the staff, and I figure she could help me figure out what if any upgrades I should get and help work out deals etc. is it normal to bring your planner with you?

27 Comments

• Tiffany M. ( Tiffany P.)
    Master August 2012
    Tiffany M. ( Tiffany P.) ·
    • Flag

We didn't bring our planner with us. It was just DH and I. But then our tasting was more of a decision which one we wanted, i.e. the beef or chicken and what we wanted it stuffed with. We didn't need to worry about upgrades or anything like that since our price was already set.

• Mrs. S (Amanda C.)
    Super July 2014
    Mrs. S (Amanda C.) ·
    • Flag

My FH, mom and I went. My dad would have gone but he wasn't in town. I say whoever is footing the catering bill should be invited.

• Nina
    Expert May 2014
    Nina ·
    • Flag

Me, FH, and FSIL. :]

• Future Mrs. Elliott
    Super June 2015
    Future Mrs. Elliott ·
    • Flag

My FH, mom, MOH and I went. It was AMAZING!

• Jess & Sean
    Super April 2014
    Jess & Sean ·
    • Flag

^ agree with Amanda. My FH, myself, and my mom and dad went to our tasting, as they are paying for the catering/open bar. We didn't tell FH's parents they went as to not step on toes. What they don't know.....

I honestly think your tasting comes down to a matter of personal preference and taste. Your DOC will do a great job without physically having to taste the apps & entrees.

• NLeo
    VIP May 2014
    NLeo ·
    • Flag

Just us. Our parents are too opinionated and it would have been stressful.

• Mrs.ChanelNewNew
    VIP November 2014
    Mrs.ChanelNewNew ·
    • Flag

The tasting will be where we go over linen choices, decor provided by the venue and all of that. My venue cost is $17000. My dad is paying $6000, my mom $3000 and we're paying $8000. I'd invite my dad to come but I don't think he'd care one way or another. He's always so busy.

• Jess & Sean
    Super April 2014
    Jess & Sean ·
    • Flag

I'd invite your dad. It may mean more to him than you think Smiley smile

• M&M
    VIP August 2015
    M&M ·
    • Flag

We only get 4 people for our tasting as well so I was thinking me, FH, and our moms. Might sneak my sister along and ask if she can just sit with us/pick off our plates? lol

• Abby
    VIP May 2014
    Abby ·
    • Flag

My FH, my mom, my sister, and I went.

• MichiganBride104
    VIP October 2014
    MichiganBride104 ·
    • Flag

Definitely going with just us. We have way to many opinionated family members and friends, so the less the better. :o)

• Pezzy
    Master May 2014
    Pezzy ·
    • Flag

First, it depends on who is paying. It's proper to invite the people shelling out cash for the food.

FH and I live in CA, where I'm from, but the wedding is in NM, where FH is from. FH and I were gonna fly to NM for final planning, including our tasting. FH couldn't get the time off work, so my mom joined me on the trip. It was nice, myself, my mom, FMIL and her sister. We had a great time.

• CeCe
    Master May 2014
    CeCe ·
    • Flag

I wouldn't invite my coordinator to taste? I would tell her you would like her to come while you and your family taste since you are deciding on other things that day.

I brought FH and my mom. We had to pay per person.

• Piecesofadream
    Master June 2014
    Piecesofadream ·
    • Flag

Given your planners history with the venue I think it's a good idea to bring her. Chances are there will be some planning talk during the tasting too so it would be good to have her in on it.

For our tasting it was just me and him. I really didn't even think of bringing anyone else lol but we should have , there was so much food!!

• Liana
    VIP November 2014
    Liana ·
    • Flag

Just my fiance and I will go.

• KarenM
    Master November 2014
    KarenM ·
    • Flag

Me and FH will be the only ones there. We're buying, we're flying.

• MrsSchultz
    Super October 2014
    MrsSchultz ·
    • Flag

Other than myself it will be my FH, and FMIL (as she has agreed to pay for the catering portion of the wedding) so she gets a say in the food.

• mrsaj2b
    Master October 2019
    mrsaj2b ·
    • Flag

For the tastings I've had so far it was me, my FH, and my Mom. Going forward it will probably be the three of us and maybe my planner if she can make it. At the very least, however, it will be me and my FH.

• NoPurple
    Super August 2014
    NoPurple ·
    • Flag

It'll be me, FH, mom and my sister/MOH. If my sister can't make it, my FMIL.

• Mrs.ChanelNewNew
    VIP November 2014
    Mrs.ChanelNewNew ·
    • Flag

Can planners come and not taste? I mean I KNOW my planner would like to be there for all the other stuff but she probably doesn't NEED to taste. Then if my dad can come great.

Comment on this discussion