Dana993
Super November 2016

When did it feel real?

Dana993, on June 24, 2016 at 2:55 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 30
Saved Save

Today is the first day it finally feels real! I actually am starting to comprehend I will be getting married in a little over four months. FH's ring came in today and for some reason that just made it click. When did it click for you guys? Or did you ever have that moment?

30 Comments

• MrsToBe-BecameMrs
    VIP September 2016
    MrsToBe-BecameMrs ·
    • Flag

I have lots of little moments that make me say "Oh, man this is real". I definitely think here in the next few months, when it really gets down to the wire, I will feel it.

• Colleen
    Devoted September 2016
    Colleen ·
    • Flag

It actually just really clicked with me this past Sunday. Me and FH went to the venue to do some last minute measurements and we were deciding how far back to put these doors at so that we had enough time for me to walk and get to play enough of the song so he turned it on his phone and said ok...walk. Something about that did it for me and I was like "omg I'm getting married in 2 months and a week!

• kelly
    Super June 2017
    kelly ·
    • Flag

It's hitting me a bit today because in exactly one year I'll be walking down that aisle!! Also the weather is gorgeous near Boston today and I'm hoping it's just as perfect next year. It also hit me when I picked up my dress. It'll hit me again when I'm mailing out save the dates in 4ish months.

• mimitrue
    Master January 2016
    mimitrue ·
    • Flag

Mine didnt hit me until the rehearsal....then it hit me like a ton of bricks.

• Dana993
    Super November 2016
    Dana993 ·
    • Flag

MrsToBe I've had a few moments where I've kinda felt it but I don't know why this really hit me. Colleen that is so cute. It is so soon!

Joanna we plan to do the bank account thing in the next couple of months and it is so exciting to think about becoming a family!

• Dana993
    Super November 2016
    Dana993 ·
    • Flag

Mimitrue that is how I thought I would be. I'm glad i'm getting doses of it so i'm not an emotional wreck on the big day.

• NewMrsWesely
    Master September 2016
    NewMrsWesely ·
    • Flag

No real moment. It was exciting seeing my name after marriage on our license. I Shao have just random moments of excitement. Less and less now as I get to the idgaf point in planning and just want the day to be here.

• Natalie
    Dedicated October 2016
    Natalie ·
    • Flag

It's funny but we had to take a class in order to get married in the Catholic church and we had a betrothment ceremony where the priest blessed my engagement ring. The classes were held at the church where we're getting married and we had to stand at the alter -- it all became very real at that moment.

Can't wait for the big day now! Smiley smile I'm gonna cry probably all day - lol - tears of joy, of course!

• Dana993
    Super November 2016
    Dana993 ·
    • Flag

So cute Natalie! I'll be the exact same way on the big day!

• Melissa
    Master March 2018
    Melissa ·
    • Flag

It honestly still doesn't. We've met with our coordinator a couple times. I'm starting to browse dresses (not shop don't worry way too early) next month and I feel like when I put one on I'll be like fuck.

• planningpartyof1
    Super March 2017
    planningpartyof1 ·
    • Flag

Mine hasn't hit me yet, but I'm definitely waiting for it. I'm an emotional person so I'll most likely end up crying when it does.

• MrsKristenS
    Master August 2016
    MrsKristenS ·
    • Flag

It hasn't really hit me yet ,and I'm at the 50 day mark next week...

I'd say that I've gotten the most excited when we sent invitations and got our first RSVP, and when my dress fittings started. I think it'll really hit when the 30 day mark hits and we see our finalized ceremony draft.

• Dana993
    Super November 2016
    Dana993 ·
    • Flag

50 days is so soon! I believe it will be hitting you soon.

• Leona
    Expert August 2016
    Leona ·
    • Flag

It hit me last Saturday when one of my BMs got married. FH looked at me when they started the anniversary dance and said "Umm...we're the next couple getting married!" My face must have been like: o_o

• Lauren B.
    Master October 2015
    Lauren B. ·
    • Flag

It hit me right before I walked down the aisle

• Kelly
    Super October 2016
    Kelly ·
    • Flag

I have had a few moments...when I picked out my wedding dress, when we did our taste test at the venue, when we registered. But tomorrow I have my first bridal shower for family, so I think that now that festivities are starting, it will feel even more real!

• Mrs.Hawks
    Master October 2016
    Mrs.Hawks ·
    • Flag

I haven't had one huge moment just little one's here and there. Looking at my count down today was one of those moments. I'm almost at double digits!

• BoozyBaker
    Master January 2017
    BoozyBaker ·
    • Flag

I asked FH about this recently and he said he never had that moment of "holy crap, I'm getting married!" shock & awe because to him, this was the way it was always going to be. (Awwww..)

I get that moment about 6 times a week.

• DJ
    VIP May 2016
    DJ ·
    • Flag

I had quite a few of those 'Oh, shit! This is happening.' moments: when I sent out Save the Dates, when we got our first gift, when we had our planning trip in Sedona to see the venue and meet our vendors, when we got the marriage license, and the realest one of all was when I put my dress on the day of...

• Kristen
    VIP May 2016
    Kristen ·
    • Flag

It didn't feel real until we left for our destination 3 days before the wedding!

Comment on this discussion