We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Mrs. Jayjohn
Master August 2010

what kinds of "WTF!" gifts did you get this past weekend?

Mrs. Jayjohn, on December 27, 2010 at 7:46 AM Posted in Planning 0 95
Saved Save

You know the kinds that when you open them you're say "WTF?" to yourself and instantly begin to fake appreciation for.

I got Gardenia scented drawer liners from my 30something year old cousins

fish fry mix, an opened box of Elmo band aids and balsamic vinegar: all in one box from DH's aunt.

Anyone want to trade?

95 Comments

• ~Bride 8/28/10~
    Master August 2010
    ~Bride 8/28/10~ ·
    • Flag

LOL...what a Christmas Gift!

My WTF moment wasn't a gift it was the Christmas card that we got from DS' Aunt that was addressed to Christy not CHRISSY! I was going is your Aunt freaking serious I have been "in" your family for 6 years!!!! He just told me to let it go... oh well lol Smiley smile

• Mrs. Jayjohn
    Master August 2010
    Mrs. Jayjohn ·
    • Flag

AMEN!! I got a few Bath and Body things that I exchanged yesterday.

• GreenEyes61711
    Super June 2011
    GreenEyes61711 ·
    • Flag

Luckily I didn't get any WTF gifts this year. I picked out my Keurig from my parents Smiley smile And I'm in love with it!!!!

@Unique I agree buying perfume/cologne isn't a good idea unless you know exactly what they wear!

• Mrs. Jayjohn
    Master August 2010
    Mrs. Jayjohn ·
    • Flag

Hold on to it until next year and re-gift it.

• ~Bride 8/28/10~
    Master August 2010
    ~Bride 8/28/10~ ·
    • Flag

@Mrs. Jayjohn - I was thinking the same thing...lol. Regifting is the perfect way to get rid of it Smiley smile

• Sharon
    Master June 2010
    Sharon ·
    • Flag

My darling daughter bought me the shake weight..lol

• Mrs. Jayjohn
    Master August 2010
    Mrs. Jayjohn ·
    • Flag

Hey Brian, if you don't want that I'll take it off your hands: I'd love to send it to my photographer.

• october bride
    VIP October 2010
    october bride ·
    • Flag

Lol Sharon the shake weight. that is hilarious!

• LutaWolf
    Master March 2011
    LutaWolf ·
    • Flag

Mrs. Jay was that you that I did all the returns from??? My mother gave me red cherry candy. My mother who gave birth to me oh so many yrs ago and was there when the doctor said that I was highly allergic to red dye, iodine, and latex. She gives me red cherry red dye candy then goes "opps, I forgot" when mark mentions something. ROFL.

• LutaWolf
    Master March 2011
    LutaWolf ·
    • Flag

Green Eyes, what kind of keurig did you get?

• Sharon
    Master June 2010
    Sharon ·
    • Flag

Unique - I have a photo on my Iphone, I have to upload it later. Her face was PRICELESS! lol

• Victoria C. Hernandez
    Master July 2011
    Victoria C. Hernandez ·
    • Flag

I actually got a drinking game that is called "What the F*uck" seems like it could be funny but you definitely have to be comfortable with the people you are playing with .. questions are a bit off

• Lacy
    Master October 2017
    Lacy ·
    • Flag

I got a pair of these.....minus the boot. It's those really stupid furry leg warmers that go over boots. Boots. Seriously? No offense if anyone has/loves them, but we live in Mississippi. It snowed on Christmas Day this weekend for the first time since 1998 and I could still go outside without being bundled up. We don't need crap like this. Plus it was some weird white/brown print. It was awful. FFIL got my initial expression on camera before I could "pretend" to like them since they were from FMIL and FS's grandmother. FMIL loves animal print. I do not. Plus, she kept saying that she saw all the girls my age wearing them and thought I would love them. Like WTF. I've been in the family for almost 3 years. When have you ever seen me wear anything that remotely looked like a fad or trend? When I finally told her that I wouldn't wear them since I don't need them, she said she could return it for something else. So thank god I didn't have to bring them home with me.

• october bride
    VIP October 2010
    october bride ·
    • Flag

Haha oh god what are those hairy things?

• Lacy
    Master October 2017
    Lacy ·
    • Flag

@October Bride, they go over your leg when you are wearing shoes to keep your legs warm. Like really? So your pants and shoes don't do that by themselves?

• Mrs. Jayjohn
    Master August 2010
    Mrs. Jayjohn ·
    • Flag

She probably hit something on the road and thought you'd like to wear it. lol.

When you get the picture of your reaction be sure to post it!!!

• Jass
    Master September 2012
    Jass ·
    • Flag

Ummm I got Pasta Boat! lol

• Mrs. Jayjohn
    Master August 2010
    Mrs. Jayjohn ·
    • Flag

A pasta boat?! I'll trade you my scented drawer liners for that!!

• Ruby
    Super August 2011
    Ruby ·
    • Flag

I get a wtf present EVERY year from the same person. I wish she would just stop gifting me. This year was a teacup candle in the most hideous red pattern from kmart. Our favors are espresso teacups and she knows because Fh showed her. Also a mini travel sized pedicure set which I don't mind. I can actually use this. Last year was a penguin soap dispenser with penguin socks that fell apart right away. I wonder what it will be next year when I'm actually married to her cousin.

• Jass
    Master September 2012
    Jass ·
    • Flag

@Mrs. Jayjohn- LOL I'd say sure, but my mom comes over quite often and she'll ask about it. lol

Comment on this discussion

Related articles