Victorian Bride
VIP December 2019

What is the funniest thing you've learned about your future spouse or spouse?

Victorian Bride, on February 15, 2019 at 12:16 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 24
Saved Save
I recently found out my FH, when he was in his early 20's, won $500 AND a contract with the Chippendale male dancers. 😲 He took the money but declined the contract. He's an ex jock and to my knowledge can't dance, but he must of had some pretty good moves that evening. Ha! Ha! And he'll kill me, not literally, if he sees this discussion. Lol!! ❤

24 Comments

• Victoria
    VIP October 2018
    Victoria ·
    • Flag
    My husband's name is Robert, last name Evans. When he was little he would introduce himself to people as "I'm Bobby Evans from down on the farm". 😂
  • Becca
    Super August 2019
    Becca ·
    • Flag
    My fiancé and his friend (one of the groomsmen) traveled to northern New York to audition for the amazing race (the year before we started dating)...it may not sound so funny, but if you knew the both of the, it’s freakin hilarious and I wish I saw that audition
  • Victorian Bride
    VIP December 2019
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Ha! Ha! That IS too funny! 😂😂 Thanks for sharing!!
  • A
    Expert January 2020
    Abby ·
    • Flag
    My fiancé was a model in High school.. he’s really nerdy and beyond sweet, super handsome but you’d never really expect him to be a model... I recently learned he also taught makeup classes (he still has the makeup collection that’s how I found out. He even still had brocures and times for the classes) and had more makeup and brushes than I ever have owned. It’s so funny cause I never wear makeup (and he hasn’t since he modeled) but when I do wear makeup he tries to help. Also he takes sooooo long to get ready.. I have to make him get ready at least 15 min before time to go.. even then we are normally late getting out the door😂
  • Victorian Bride
    VIP December 2019
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I completely understand. I feel the same way about my fiancé and his Chippendale audition. I wish you could get a copy somehow. Wouldnt it be awesome to get a copy for his bachelor party or your rehearsal dinner? Thank you, Becca!! 💕
  • Rachel
    Dedicated May 2020
    Rachel ·
    • Flag

I found this out pretty soon after we started dating, but my FH was in an emo punk band in high school! He had super long hair and everything, which is especially funny since now he's in the military. I love teasing him about his emo kid days lol

• Victorian Bride
    VIP December 2019
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Abby, thank you for sharing!! Isn't it fun finding all of these interesting, but oh so hairlarous, things about them? Make sure you give him PLENTY of time to get ready on wedding day. 😁
  • Victorian Bride
    VIP December 2019
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Ha! Ha! That IS funny!! Isn't it nice that we girls can laugh with them over some of the crazy things they did? Thanks Rachel!!
  • Gen
    Master June 2019
    Gen ·
    • Flag
    I found out apparently my FH was like THE infamous troublemaker of his elementary school! We recently visited his hometown and he said he wanted to go see his elementary school principal. I was like..... that was 20 years ago, will she really remember you? And he goes “oh yeah, I was in her office A LOT.” Hahaha. Apparently the teachers had to warn each other about him and dreaded having him in class. He never did anything mean or anything, he was just apparently extremely disruptive and rambunctious. But then mostly outgrew it after age 10 or so. Cracks me up 😂
  • M
    Just Said Yes December 2019
    MinaRed ·
    • Flag

I learned that he's a virgin! haha

• Mrs.BRound
    Devoted September 2018
    Mrs.BRound ·
    • Flag
    I learned that when my husband was little he wasn’t allowed to watch cable. The reason being he would get in trouble in school because he would watch WWE with his dad & then try those moves on his friends in that class. He wasn’t doing it to hurt the friends (not realizing of course) but he had no clue that what they do on that show was fake and just acting. It cracks me up thinking about it because he is the most gentle person now. I wish us luck when we have little ones. Lol!
  • Victorian Bride
    VIP December 2019
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Gen, what a priceless story to share!! It cracks me up!!😂 Thank you so much.
  • Victorian Bride
    VIP December 2019
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    MinaRed, at least he isn't infamous!! 😊 Thanks for your comment. 💕
  • Victorian Bride
    VIP December 2019
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Love this story!! I've been laughing all day at these great moments. Yes!! I guess he was causing problems!! 😁 Make sure hubby explains to your future little ones not to try this at school. 😉 Thank you so much for sharing.
  • Summerbride77
    VIP July 2019
    Summerbride77 ·
    • Flag
    My wonderful, intelligent FH had no idea that Thanksgiving was always on a Thursday until last year 🤣🤣 we still laugh about it
  • A
    Expert August 2019
    Ami ·
    • Flag
    My FH funded his college education by selling his Pokémon memorabilia 😂
    He was a serious Pokémon competitor as a kid and was even second in the world at one point 🤣. It cracks me up but every now and then we still receive a payment from the shop that has his cards and memorabilia.
    Im marrying the Pokémon Master, my 10 year old self would be so proud.
  • Victorian Bride
    VIP December 2019
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Ha! Ha! Yes, that is cute. 😂Thank you SummerBride77!!
  • Colleen
    Master September 2019
    Colleen ·
    • Flag
    My FIance used to dance to marry poppin step in time when he was a toddler. Jumping on and off the couch. Then when a chimney sweep came to his house he fellowed him all around.
  • Lafuturaseñora
    Devoted April 2019
    Lafuturaseñora ·
    • Flag
    When my FH was a kid he would throw pencils into the ceiling tiles until the whole tile was full 😂😂😵😵 also when he was 7 he was on the farm with his dad and drove the work truck into a ditch 🙄👀 my future children will be mischievous I’m sure
  • Alyssa
    Super July 2019
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag
    There are so many funny things about my FH it's hard to pick! One that comes to mind was when he was 6 he got sent to his room for misbehaving. He was angry so he decided to try to throw his mattress out the window of his second story bedroom! He got the full size mattress off the bed but couldn't fold it enough to get it out the window but he got it wedged in there pretty good before his parents intervened. He always tells this story and then follows up by saying that he was an angel as a child 😂

Comment on this discussion