FinallyMrsSloan
VIP April 2015

What is the craziest, tackiest, or rudest thing you have seen...

FinallyMrsSloan, on November 7, 2014 at 3:49 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 64
Saved Save

On Facebook? Kylene's post got me to thinking about stuff we see on FB. It can be wedding related or not.

64 Comments

• Lauren
    Super October 2014
    Lauren ·
    • Flag

At a wedding:

The bride and groom "auctioned" off the bride's garter. Whoever bid the most got to remove the garter but of course the groom stepped in at the last minute. It was super gross and the money grab itself was also nasty. Also, the groom's grandfather was the guy who technically won and bid the most...ugghhh.

• Finally mrs.jkr
    Master May 2020
    Finally mrs.jkr ·
    • Flag

^^Please don't hijack this post... your question was something people are very opinionated about. Just because everyone hated your question doesn't mean that we're all terrible people

• FinallyMrsSloan
    VIP April 2015
    FinallyMrsSloan ·
    • Flag

Well when you asks stupid questions, expect stupid answers.

• Future Mrs. Wilson
    Expert March 2015
    Future Mrs. Wilson ·
    • Flag

• Catalina
    Super December 2014
    Catalina ·
    • Flag

The tackiest thing I've seen at a wedding is the bride/couple did he slide show marketing their business so they can try to write off their wedding. It was so bad more than half their guest left

• DisneyNut
    Master October 2014
    DisneyNut ·
    • Flag

Rudest for us was a friend who RSVP'd for him and his wife and then messaged me three days before the wedding on FB telling me that their grown and married daughter was coming with them (and we did not invite her). Then NONE of them showed up.

• allysia
    Master April 2016
    allysia ·
    • Flag

@ catalina wtf, you guys should have booed them, gross.

• Happily Ever Harris
    Super November 2014
    Happily Ever Harris ·
    • Flag

Oh Angel....bless your heart.

• MelissaC
    Master January 2015
    MelissaC ·
    • Flag

There is a girl on my FB that one of my friends and I just love to laugh at because this girl is seriously insane. I've known her since elementary school and she was always a bully to me in middle school. For some reason she added me on FB after my FH and I started dating and was convinced that we were BFFs. I'm not sure where this comes from, so that in itself is bizarre. She's had two kids from two different fathers and is now engaged to a different guy that HIT HER WITH HIS CAR. He has actually told her that he is only with her so he doesn't go to jail, but she's staying because he has money. Anyway, she always goes out and leaves her kids with her mom, sometimes unexpectedly staying out all night and not returning for them. You would only know this if you know her in person because on FB she is always posting pics of her kids, which brings me to the reason for this comment. She is always posting on FB about how she absolutely hates girls that go get knocked up by different men and then expect their parents to raise their kids while they go out partying. I keep her as a friend on FB because her crazy posts always brighten my day with how insane they are.

• Future Mrs. Wilson
    Expert March 2015
    Future Mrs. Wilson ·
    • Flag

@MelissaV....refer to the meme I posted above, LOL!

• ValZtoB
    Master March 2015
    ValZtoB ·
    • Flag

The GoFundMe that my FSIL started for bail money.

Proud moment for the whole family right there.

• KTizzle
    Master June 2015
    KTizzle ·
    • Flag

I see too many self-pity posts on Facebook. I mean, complaints here and there are NOT what I'm talking about. I'm talking about people who have nothing to do but whine about "Why can't I catch a break??" or "Why does everything seem to go wrong for me?" UGH!! Grow up. You're an adult, and you probably welcome this sadness/angst/etc. into your life by focusing on it. I deleted a girl for it and a few years later she requested me back. I couldn't remember why I deleted her, so I added her again. Now I remember why, and she's getting deleted again. We do not hang out in real life anyway.

Also, the posts/articles about "What not to post on Facebook." It's Facebook. It's for our personal lives primarily. If you don'y like seeing what someone has to post, hide their posts or just delete them.

• Ashley P.
    Super October 2014
    Ashley P. ·
    • Flag

Oh, I HATED that about my wedding DisneyNut!!! A lady my mom USED to work with 2 years ago bitched about not getting invited, my mom felt bad and invited her and guess what? Didn't show up! It happened with like 6 people!

• B
    Master December 2015
    BunnyLove ·
    • Flag

A friend's daughter sent her wedding invitations via FB. She then posted information regarding their honeyfund. I declined the invitation.

• FinallyMrsSloan
    VIP April 2015
    FinallyMrsSloan ·
    • Flag

I have a girl who is on my FB and every time I read her posts I cringe. Here is an example of her post today: Day 7 I am thankful for my best friend Billy Bob. He is always their for me I don't no what I would do without him. He is always their for me and girls. He always stands up for me and tells me not to let know one run over me. I am thankful to have him in my life and girls. He is my best friend and I am thankful for him. One more example: Today I am so eel! (Not one person corrected her)

She works at a day care. That scares me.

• B
    Master December 2015
    BunnyLove ·
    • Flag

BTW, they didn't have a registry. I sent a card and $50

• Lori
    Master June 2015
    Lori ·
    • Flag

One of my friends posted a fairly generic "Get your RSVP's in people" post. Someone commented about not being invited, and her response was "We're really sorry, we have a limited budget and could only invite our top 400 closest friends and family." Knowing her I THINK (hope... pray...) she was just kidding, but she really did invite over 400 people to her wedding. For the record, I made the cut, so I felt super special.

• MelissaC
    Master January 2015
    MelissaC ·
    • Flag

OMG...FMS, I think I had a seizure trying to read that lol!

• FinallyMrsSloan
    VIP April 2015
    FinallyMrsSloan ·
    • Flag

Lori I can't believe she said that! Melissa it's like that on every single post! It amazes me!

• KTizzle
    Master June 2015
    KTizzle ·
    • Flag

Yeah... poor spelling and grammar really bother me as well!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics