Kimpy
Super October 2012

What are some annoying wedding questions you keep getting asked about?

Kimpy, on October 6, 2011 at 4:57 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 33
Saved

I have seen posts about this in the past, but it keeps happening to me right now! A couple times a day someone random will text, email, facebook, or call me and ask me something "crazy" about the wedding. What are some of the same annoying questions you keep getting asked about? or what is one of the craziest things you've been asked lately?

1. Other Weddings - My good friend got engaged last weekend. My Mom got really paranoid & was asking me if she picked the same date as me! She has asked me about 10 times within a week, so I finally talk to the gal and she told me she is picking sometime in May.

2. LIMOS - Everyone keeps asking me if I booked the limo yet or if we figured out how to get there yet. We have over a year to figure that part out - I am not sure why everyone is acting like this is the most important part!

3. Flower Girls - A few people asked if we having children in the wedding (which is fine). When I say no, they keep asking why not! over and over and over....

33 Comments

Latest activity by Christiana, on August 2, 2021 at 9:57 AM
  • Stevie Rae
    VIP July 2011
    Stevie Rae ·
    • Flag

I always got asked how much the wedding was costing.... its like really....is that any of your business?

• Stevie Rae
    VIP July 2011
    Stevie Rae ·
    • Flag

Oh and if I had a "bump it" in my hair...NOPE! Its my real hair, just teased lol

• Patricia
    Master December 2011
    Patricia ·
    • Flag

1- when you're gonna have babies?

2- I'm hearing things so when are you gonna tell me? ...hello, you're not invited, if you were I would've told you already.

3-Why did you pick these colors? I wouldn't if I were you... hello who's wedding is it?

4- Where you guys gonna live? ..... I don't know why people are even interested in that, it's not like we're going to have people over all the time anyway, lol

5- Where's my invite?

6-When you're gonna have babies? (yes I repeat it again), this keeps coming up over and over to the point when I feel like punching them, lol

• Nicole
    Super March 2012
    Nicole ·
    • Flag

Lol @ the "bump it" question.

So far I haven't been asked any annoying questions.....waiting for that shoe to drop lol

• Patricia
    Master December 2011
    Patricia ·
    • Flag

2- How u gonna do your hair? I usually wear my hair down and everyone keep remind me how I should have it up, I should do this because it's my wedding... why would I want to do something that I'm not comfortable with on a normal day

• 2d Bride
    Champion October 2009
    2d Bride ·
    • Flag

"Will Maryland recognize your marriage?" This was always said with a tone that indicated that ours would not be a "real" marriage unless our home state recognized it. As it happened, Maryland did not recognize it on the day we got married, but recognized it retroactively a few months later.

• Stevie Rae
    VIP July 2011
    Stevie Rae ·
    • Flag

@ Patricia J.... we get the baby question alot to!

• Rebecca
    Dedicated June 2012
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag

When are you gonna book everything?

are you having a limo?? i say no my husband wants to drive his car they say no thats tacky

why are you having a cash bar?

why this or why that? when they ask about money or my budget i told them unless they are gonna help me.. they get to deal with what i pick and what i can to pay for it

• Shana
    Master October 2011
    Shana ·
    • Flag

Are you excited??

Seriously, the next person who asks if I'm excited is getting punched in the teeth. I am so stressed trying to deal with all the last minute details that I don't have time to be excited! It's driving me crazy!

• P
    VIP August 2014
    Princess Bride ·
    • Flag

The first question I get

When is the wedding? Umm when I book a venue with secure the date I'll say my date till then am just engaged

Why are you prolonging the date you want? We're trying to find venues that fit our budget and guestlist so we taking our time emailing places and booking apts

Why you want that date? Do I really need a reason for it.

Why can't you do a winter wedding? I want to do a summer cause I hate the cold damn it lol

Another question why outdoor church is better? Umm no I want it outside

Why you want a wedding for me I would get married in City Hall and take my money and spend it at a well deserve honeymoon? I want it cause I want picture and I want to see myself going down the aisle

Why do you want to get married you don't have to just live together?

My bridesmaids dress- Why that color I have to wear?

And the last one I recieve Why you want to get married if you don't get along with your FIL?

Another is You're the one that wants to get married?

• Mrs. Jaclyn Willson
    Master April 2012
    Mrs. Jaclyn Willson ·
    • Flag

The #1 question would have to be "Are you excited?" I get asked that ALOT. But I don't really mind that much cause I really am excited.

When I was first picking my venue, i got, "Why that venue?" Quite a bit. No one asks much anymore, they are getting used to the idea.

Some people have made snide comments, and have told me a wedding is a waste of time and money because if it didn't last for them, it can't possibly last for anyone else. Most ANNOYING of them all.

I've gotten asked several questions but nothng really too memorable.

• Amy "Been here too long" W.
    VIP November 2011
    Amy "Been here too long" W. ·
    • Flag

@Shana-I have been getting that a lot lately. I tell them "no I'm not excited". It usually shuts them up.

I have been asked:

"Wow, this is your FIRST marriage?" Yes, I am only 34, but thanks for making me feel like an old maid you asshole!

"What date is the wedding again?" My 19 year old niece who is the FG texted me this 2 days ago. I didn't feel the need to answer back.

The worst is people asking me about hotels, airlines, times and locations. ALL of that info is on the website that I mentioned 3 times on the STD, invites and insert cards.

• MySharrona
    VIP April 2012
    MySharrona ·
    • Flag

What are your colors (and then they proceed to tell me what colors I should have instead)

Why are you getting married in Philadelphia. Good question but I am tired of answering it.

Are you going to have kids (personal much?)

And same as Amy W. Wow, this is your FIRST marriage?" And I tell people that he was worth the wait (and he was)

• MySharrona
    VIP April 2012
    MySharrona ·
    • Flag

Oh--and on the wedding date, which is April 1st, I get a lot of "Do you *know* what date that is?!"

Really?

• Andrea
    VIP May 2012
    Andrea ·
    • Flag

When we first got engaged, it was "Have you set a date yet?" When we set our date, the #1 question became, "Why are you two going to have such a long engagement?" Now that our date isn't so far off, the #1 question has become "Are you excited?" Then, I get "When you're all done with the wedding planning, are you two going to start planning for a baby?"

• Anonymous
    Super October 2012
    Anonymous ·
    • Flag

We're wedding weekend sisters! HA!

I've had a few people ask me what hotel our room block is at. Really? There's a whole lot of time for you to book your hotel. Don't worry about it.

What our colors are, where our venue is and the date are among the most common though.

I do have a friend who keeps asking me what my date is and I've told her like, a billion times already.

• Kimpy
    Super October 2012
    Kimpy ·
    • Flag

Haha oh man those are some good ones. I forgot about the excited question!

Another question that people keep asking is why my FH doesn't want his two brothers. In the wedding party. Then they all start to lecture about how he will regret it (which he won't)

• Anonymous
    Super May 2013
    Anonymous ·
    • Flag

I'm okay answering questions constantly (I'm a hairstylist, I answer every single one of these questions 8 times a day, and people forget so they ask again at their next appointment).

The one that bugs me is "Why are you waiting so long?" Why is it your business? We're poor and refuse to go into debt for our $5k wedding. So leave me a generous tip.

I'd say more than questions I'm sick of advice. "Make sure you book the venue now!" Already done, thanks. "Don't forget about _____" I obsessively plan things (obviously). I'm not going to forget anything that is necessary. The absolute worst is when I say I'm not having kids, and I get "Oh you will. It'll happen and it'll be great. You'll love it." No. It won't "happen". I spend way too much time and money to make sure it doesn't. FH plans to get a vasectomy. I'm getting to the point where I want to say "Actually, if I get pregnant I'm going to abort it." It'll probably offend plenty of people, but I don't know what else to say. Ugh!

• bert's girl
    Master April 2012
    bert's girl ·
    • Flag

"I'm invited, right?"

"Where is my invitation?"

"Where are you having it at again?"

It sucks when someone asks and you have no intention of ever inviting them...

• Shannon S.
    Master March 2011
    Shannon S. ·
    • Flag

Can I bring my magical spitting camel?

Why don't you serve pot brownies at the reception?

Why can't I bring my favorite cousin, Inbred Window-Licking Fred?

How does a bill become a law?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics