Lauren
Dedicated August 2019

Wedding Song Insp

Lauren, on January 29, 2019 at 8:45 PM Posted in Planning 0 2
Saved Save

What are some of the best songs you all had played at your wedding? We are especially needed processional songs, and cake cutting, father/daughter, mother/son dance songs!!

2 Comments

• Maggie
    Champion October 2025
    Maggie ·

Hey Lauren! WeddingWire actually has a bunch of suggestions in the articles below for every event you're looking for! I'll link to those articles below and then give my personal suggestions.

28 Mother-Son Dance Songs That Will Move Mom To Tears

19 Father-Daughter Dance Songs Your Dad Will Love

17 Bride Entrance Songs For an Epic Walk Down the Aisle

15 Wedding Cake Cutting Songs That Aren't Overplayed

Oof, that's a lot of links. Sorry.

For either parent dances, I like You'll Be In My Heart by Phil Collins. I think it's pretty universal, plus it can describe any sort of parent/child like relationship.

For cake cutting, I'm a horrible person and like Cake by the Ocean by DNCE. It has nothing to do with cake, but it keeps the party going and I know that it's cake time when I hear that song.

For processional, there are a bunch of different options, but today, I'm feeling Kina Grannis' Can't Help Falling in Love. It's becoming popular due to its appearance in Crazy Rich Asians, but it's for a reason. Do you think you'd want to walk down the aisle to a song with lyrics or just instrumental?

• Jazmin
    Rockstar April 2019
    Jazmin ·

This is my song choice:

For the pastor, my husband and my niece entrance: A thousand years-Christina Perri

For my entrance: You are mine-Secret Nation

While the pastor is talking: I can't help falling in love-Elvis Presley

Canon in D-Johann Pachelbel

Solo tengo ojos para ti-Juan Luis Guerra

Hasta mi final-Il Divo

Vows and rings exchange: Perfect-Ed Sheeran

Marry me-Train

Big exit: Happy-Pharrel Williams

Comment on this discussion