We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Andrea
Dedicated June 2017

Wedding Cake Flavors!

Andrea, on September 22, 2016 at 3:43 PM

Posted in Planning 24

I am setting up some wedding cake consultations and we get to pick out 3 different flavor combinations to try for one bakery, but of course am a horrible decision maker. I love to have things that are different, but I don't want to waste my money getting something that is too out there. I'm curious...

I am setting up some wedding cake consultations and we get to pick out 3 different flavor combinations to try for one bakery, but of course am a horrible decision maker. I love to have things that are different, but I don't want to waste my money getting something that is too out there. I'm curious to know what are some of the best wedding cake flavor combinations you have tried or what flavors have you decided for your own cake(s)?

24 Comments

• Kimi
    Master August 2016
    Kimi ·
    • Flag

We did raspberry lemonade (our baker's summer signature flavor), peanut butter & chocolate, & spice came with cream cheese. The spice is the layer that: I had to fight for. It's my favorite, DH didn't want it. That was the layer that was cut & served (venue screwed up & didn't cut all the layers). Absolutely everyone that has mentioned the cake has said how much they loved it.

• Trish
    Super June 2017
    Trish ·
    • Flag

Here were our choices..The sheet cake for guests will be white almond chombord. The cake FH and I cut into will be white chocolate amaretto and wild cherry. Our anniversary tier is going to be lady Godiva chocolate with kahlua.

• Mrs.K
    VIP June 2017
    Mrs.K ·
    • Flag

I think we will be doing a sticky toffee (which is gold cake with caramel filling and buttercream), and possibly a lemon cake with white chocolate raspberry filling.

I feel like the toffee one is plain enough that people will still eat it, but a little more fun than just vanilla cake!

• NextMrsD
    Super November 2016
    NextMrsD ·
    • Flag

Ours is vanilla with lemon sayboyon filling and banana with dark chocolate mousse.

Comment on this discussion