N
Just Said Yes May 2019

Unique/adventurous honeymoon ideas?

Natalie, on September 13, 2018 at 4:10 PM Posted in Honeymoon 0 5
Saved Save

Hi all,

My FH & I are both very well traveled, been to 50+ countries each. We are looking to go somewhere/do something really awesome/unique for our honeymoon, but not sure what. We've both traveled fairly extensively through Western Europe and North America, so don't want to go there. Things we like: scuba diving, animals, mingling with people of different cultures, nature/day hiking (no camping).

One thing we thought of was maybe doing Trans-Siberian railroad from Moscow to Beijing, via Mongolia, but I've heard mixed things about it.

We have 3 weeks starting in early May 2018, and can't go anywhere with Zika. Any ideas? Any feedback on T-SRR?

Thanks bees!

5 Comments

• Maggie
    Champion October 2025
    Maggie ·

Hi Natalie, and welcome to the WeddingWire community!!!

I've always wanted to ride the TSRR, so I think if that's your top choice, you should go for it and come back and tell us how it goes!

However, I think the more eastern parts of Europe are definitely worth exploring. How far east in Europe have you been? You could check out Croatia - Dubrovnik and Split are amazing - or Hungary or Slovakia. You could spend some time in St. Petersburg or any of the Baltic countries up there. Obviously, you can't scuba dive at some of them and you can't hike in others, but I would definitely look into some of places if you haven't already been.

• Courtney
    Super September 2019
    Courtney ·
    Ive heard really good things about Sri Lanka because it’s got mountains, beaches, and seems overall fun for outdoor stuff. I’m not sure if you’ve been to that part of the world yet. I know someone that just came back from their honeymoon there and sounded incredible.
  • FutureMrsD
    Legend July 2019
    FutureMrsD ·

No idea about Zika, but my mother & stepfather went to Vietnam recently and thought it was a cool experience! Some people in their travel group went to Thailand after too.

• Kim
    Devoted September 2018
    Kim ·

How about Galapagos Islands?

• Rebecca
    Master October 2025
    Rebecca ·

Hey Natalie!

I know this isn't a totally different type of honeymoon location, but my mid immediately went to Australia when you said scuba diving, animals, and hiking! I've never personally been there but a lot of my friends have and they did all of activities extensively! My friend even told me about her experience with holding a koala bear (definitely on my bucket list!).

Have you two officially decided on a location or are you still brainstorming?!

Comment on this discussion