Josh-Sarah
Beginner August 2014

Uneven wedding party

Josh-Sarah, on December 19, 2013 at 12:17 PM Posted in Planning 0 16
Saved Save

I just have a MOH and he has 3GM and his BM, so 1 on my side and 4 guys. How can we make it look less awkward for pictures, head table and ceremony etc.

16 Comments

• Lynnie Pin
    Super February 2014
    Lynnie Pin ·
    • Flag

Do you have any flower girls? You can use them to offset things, also family or close friends you may want in the pictures as well. Maybe as far as the head table goes instead of seating all the guys on his side you can mix and match on each side?

• Josh-Sarah
    Beginner August 2014
    Josh-Sarah ·
    • Flag

We dont' have any little people!

• MissMadeline
    Master June 2014
    MissMadeline ·
    • Flag

What about nixing a head table? Why not have a small table with just you and your H, the MOH and BM, and maybe your parents? The rest of the groomsmen can just be interspersed at the guest tables.

• Sammy
    VIP October 2014
    Sammy ·
    • Flag

2 bridesmaids and 4 groomsmen. I stopped caring about that a while ago. That's what your bridal party ended up as, so that's what will be in pictures, unless you want to add bridesmaids to even things out

• TisFinallyHappy
    VIP September 2015
    TisFinallyHappy ·
    • Flag

You don't have to have a head table per say, just have a sweet heart table for just you and your husband.. and if you want pictures to look more "even" but one of the GM on your side.. just put yourselves in the middle

• Casi
    Devoted September 2015
    Casi ·
    • Flag

I would get rid of the head table. Don't worry about trying to arrange pictures - that's why your photographer knows whats best! I was in a wedding with 2 BMs and 6 GM and the pictures turn out beautifully. They'll arrange you well and you will still be the star of the picture!

• mc4dj13
    Master November 2013
    mc4dj13 ·
    • Flag

That is a toughie...I had 2 bridesmaids and my hubby had 4 groomsmen and we made it work. Ultimately it shouldn't matter the unevenness because these people mean the most and their support is more valuable than any photo.

• britt morgan
    VIP September 2014
    britt morgan ·
    • Flag

I have 5 bridesmaids and 6 groomsmen. 2 of the groomsmen are gonna walk 1 bridesmaid.

no to head table and photographer will def help you out!

• Abby
    VIP May 2014
    Abby ·
    • Flag

If you don't have any other ladies you would want to ask to be part of your day then I would do a sweetheart table at the reception. As far as pics and ceremony there isn't much you can do :/

• Mrs. Butler
    VIP August 2013
    Mrs. Butler ·
    • Flag

I agree with the other ladies. I would do a sweetheart table and have each person walk alone instead of a bm and a gm together.

• Genieb11
    Dedicated June 2015
    Genieb11 ·
    • Flag

Don't worry about it. I would suggest getting rid of the head table and the pictures will work themselves out. As for the ceremony you can always have your MOH walk in by herself and walk out with the BM and the other GMs will just follow (same would go for intros).

• TooManyMistys
    Master June 2014
    TooManyMistys ·
    • Flag

I have 5 BM and 4 GM I figure it will work itself out Smiley smile

• Jessica
    Dedicated June 2014
    Jessica ·
    • Flag

I have 4 BM and he has 6 GM. I'm not concerned about an uneven number, but people kept asking me who my other two BM were going to be. I've found that other people's opinions are mattering to me less and less these days... We're doing a sweetheart table and then having the rest of the wedding party at tables with other guests. Everyone is going to walk down the aisle by themselves on the way in and then we'll probably just double up with a couple of the girls on the way out.

• kellie
    Devoted March 2014
    kellie ·
    • Flag

I have an uneven wedding party as well. We are doing a sweetheart table with two connecting small tables, bridal party with their dates will sit at it. Or you can do a large round head table and it wont matter that it's uneven. for walking I would do the MOH and BM walking and then the three GM behind them (if room). OR if you have parents or grandparents that do not have a "partner" they could walk them too.

• Susan
    Master March 2015
    Susan ·
    • Flag

4 girls on my side, 3 guys (including then 14 yr old son as BM). 1 flower girl (if her parents agree, LOL). Have a half dozen or so mid teen to late 20's nephews who I will ask for usher type help without the tuxes, just matching dress shirts, ties and pants etc.

• Jill
    Dedicated May 2014
    Jill ·
    • Flag

BEAT THIS- my FH doesnt want ANY groomsmen (its his 2nd wedding) I have 5 bridesmaids, I dont care at all.... we are going to have my brother and his sister stand next to us at the ceremony, and the rest is a free for all.... i dont think its going to matter. we are not having announcements, and pictures with just be me and my girsl.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics