Lafuturaseñora
Devoted April 2019

To all those engaged for a year a more... / rant

Lafuturaseñora, on January 7, 2019 at 9:47 AM Posted in Community Conversations 0 20
Saved Save
Please please please y’all don’t be like us and leave it all until 4 months away to do your stuff!!! Save your money even if it’s just 50 dollars or less a check and dear lord figure out what you want ahead of time or you’ll end up like me having to scramble to get EVERYTHING last minute.
God help me I’m about to lose mind lol!!😭😭😭😭
anybody else in the same boat as me?

20 Comments

• Kenisha
    Champion June 2019
    Kenisha ·
    • Flag
    No. We got engaged December 8, 2017 & we’re getting married June 1, 2019. Just take a deep breath & write down what you need done.
  • Lafuturaseñora
    Devoted April 2019
    Lafuturaseñora ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks girl I will definitely try and just sit down and plan it out. It’s all really getting to me, it’s only about four things missing... but they’re like the most important four things haha!
  • Jane
    Expert May 2019
    Jane ·
    • Flag
    That still gives me a few weeks before I need to panic then !
  • Devoted November 2019
    ·
    • Flag
    LaFuturaSenora
    I have faith you will get it done. 😊 We started on the clock as he asked me November 10, 2018 and we are getting married November 10, 2019. We still have 10 months and I feel the way you feel now... 😱😱😱 Just deep breaths and focus on one thing at a time. You got this!!!
  • Lafuturaseñora
    Devoted April 2019
    Lafuturaseñora ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Lol! Your comment made me smile Smiley smile no limit on panic! you could start early :-P
  • Lafuturaseñora
    Devoted April 2019
    Lafuturaseñora ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I really feel like it’s the fact that vendors fill up so quick, we’re not in a huge metropolis luckily, but yes I got this and so do you!! Solidarity ✊ congratulations btw Smiley smile
  • Devoted November 2019
    ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I hear you. My fiancé doesn’t understand that places get booked YEARS in advance. We are still trying to nail down our venue. If we get the place we are trying, most everything but the DJ and cake are covered. If not I’m going to throw myself over a bridge... LOL! I’m glad there are places we can share and breakdown together!!! Good luck 🍀
  • FutureMrsC
    Expert October 2019
    FutureMrsC ·
    • Flag

I've been slacking lately so thank you for the reminder!

You got this!!
  • Nikita
    VIP April 2019
    Nikita ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I'm sure you'll be able to pull it off. Just get organized and work 1-2 tasks at a time. If you try it all at once, you'll get way too overwhelmed.

• Gen
    Master June 2019
    Gen ·
    • Flag

You got this! I started planning over a year out, and honestly I wish I had less time. I've changed my mind so much and it's been really frustrating. I feel like I would've been better off with a time crunch and being forced to make decisions quicker and more decisively.

You'll be fine!

• FutureMrsKC
    Master January 2019
    FutureMrsKC ·
    • Flag

Good luck! I was a super planner so I got a lot done a head of time but as long as you're organized and prioritizing by importance you'll be ok!

• Arkilia
    Super October 2020
    Arkilia ·
    • Flag
    I got engaged October 2017 and are getting married February 2020, we have just started planning, but I was telling him we have to put this $ amt each week and he doesn't get it. When I tell him how much stuff cost he thinks I'm finding the most expensive place not realizing they all cost that much. I have planned that we should have everything paid off by December 1st.
    I think it's totally overwhelming when you see the cost.
    It's going to be ok, breathe
  • Porterpoppin
    VIP March 2019
    Porterpoppin ·
    • Flag

We're similar. Engaged 12/26/16. Original wedding date 9/7/18, decided March 2018 to post pone and kinda stopped discussing it all together for a bit. Chose 3/29/19 to just keep a date with our venue and other vendors that were already booked. Didn't decide until October 2018 that we wanted to continue with our original plans and actually stick with the March date. Thus here we are! Not 4 months but pretty short time frame especially with the holidays in the middle of it all. Luckily I had a lot of things planned and had started buying stuff for the September date and I got to catch black Friday/cyber Monday deals so that helped.

It'll all come together just make a list of whats needed and start knocking things off of that list. Don't stress yourself out, make hubby help too!

• Kathryn
    Just Said Yes April 2019
    Kathryn ·
    • Flag
    Hey there. Im in the same boat, but wotk together try and do a task or 2 accomplished each day. Breathe and ask family and friends for help. Grace and peace, Kat
  • A
    Dedicated November 2018
    Alma ·
    • Flag

I had my wedding planned out for March of this year but in August of 2018 we realized we no longer wanted to spend on a huge wedding and decided to put that money towards a down payment for a house. We went to the courthouse to get our marriage license and then literally had 90 days to get married. We knew we did not want to get married at the courthouse because they only allowed up to 8 people in there and we wanted all of our family to be present. We found a small venue that offered a "ceremony only" package and then had our reception at a restaurant. The restaurant had a party room which was big enough to fit up to 150 guests. Although it was something small I still felt so overwhelmed coz I planned everything myself. I would recommend for you to write down a "to-do list" and start tackling down stuff you need to get done and deadlines. Since your wedding is quickly approaching you might get lucky and get a discount at the venue. The bad thing is that the florists, caterers, DJ, Photobooth, linens, and centerpieces companies are probably all booked. Wish you the best of luck Smiley smile

• BrandiWeds18
    VIP May 2019
    BrandiWeds18 ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

This sounds like almost my life! I was engaged 12/3/2016, original wedding 8/10/18, and decided feb/march to postpone. Now we chose 5/19/19 and a new venue. We would have had to choose a date in March as well to have kept our same venue. Very happy with our new date and time definitely moved quickly.

• maryann
    Expert June 2019
    maryann ·
    • Flag

Unfortunately, I don't either we got engaged in September 2018 and we are getting married June 29,2019... but my little cousin got engaged last week and she is getting married 2 weeks after me... So she is about to start really feeling the pressure of planning a fast wedding with all the details. Take a deep breathe, make yourself of list of things that need to be done, and use your matron/ maid of honor... They are suppose to be helping you in this process.

• maryann
    Expert June 2019
    maryann ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I def agree this was me... Because their was so much time I changed the wedding colors 3 times, I changed the design for the reception until they finally told me you cant change no more you are sending us looking for stuff and when we find it you are like nevermind. I def think if I had more of a time crunch I would have just decided the first time and that would have been it.

• Gen
    Master June 2019
    Gen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Lol exactly. I started planning in May, and by August I was like “ok I’m ready to just do this and be done with it already” but the wedding was still 10 months away 😂
  • Porterpoppin
    VIP March 2019
    Porterpoppin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yes time is moving super quick! At first I'm like blah! March is forever away lol now I'm like omg!!!

Comment on this discussion