Jen H.
Master October 2012

The wedding, the recap, the pics!

Jen H., on October 19, 2012 at 8:21 AM Posted in Community Conversations

I couldn't make this post earlier because I had no pics! I've started getting some now...so here we go!

First, it rained. =( So my lovely outdoor ceremony had to get crammed into the little cabin, which was the backup plan. I had resolved a day or two earlier that it would probably be inside, as a huge storm front was coming in. Everyone else was "optimistic" but reality is reality! =P The inside option was nice...just not as nice as outside! =)

Hair and makeup began on-time at the hotel, and it was nice to just sit, sip mimosas with my MoH and get pampered. The hair girl did something goofy with the front of my hair, I don't have pics yet, but I ended up taking that piece down and curling it into a spiral, which is what I wanted, I think she was trying to keep the hair out of my face..pfft. =P

Pics:

1. Getting married

2. Just married

3. Nature!

Share:

23 Comments

• Jen H.
    Master October 2012
    Jen H. ·

I was supposed to buy 2 roses on the way to the ceremony...completely FORGOT. Rule #1: DELEGATE. I'm sure someone else would have remembered, lol. So we took out the roses in honoring the mothers and gave them a kiss instead! Totally worked, the moms were surprised and no one was the wiser!

We were supposed to have a separate cabin for the ladies and the gents, but we were all crammed into that little building where the ceremony was, which reminds me, I need to call there and see if I can get a partial refund or something for that.

I had hand picked and dried 24 cones worth of leaves to throw...but inside, there was no throwing...booo. I had bells for those that weren't close enough to the aisle to ring, so we just passed out more of those.

The ceremony went pretty smoothly. We memorized our vows and only had to be prompted a couple times. Daniel's vows were so sweet...I'll have to get a copy and post them.

Pics:

1. Dress detail

2. Ring bearer - my stuffed cat

3. Rings

• Mrs. S™
    Master October 2011
    Mrs. S™ ·

Congrats Jen! At least rain is good luck :-)

• Jessica
    VIP March 2013
    Jessica ·

I love your dress! The third picture is beautiful (the others are too)! Congrats.

• tiedaknot™
    Master March 2013
    tiedaknot™ ·

Congrats!!! You looked beautiful =)

• Jen H.
    Master October 2012
    Jen H. ·

After the ceremony the rain stopped and we were able to get some shots outside where the ceremony SHOULD have taken place. It was really beautiful.

We go to the car, which had been decorated (I bought/made deco for the car...lol) and with my new hubby, we headed back to the hotel where the reception was taking place. I had to recline the seat quite a bit to fit comfortably with my dress!

Back at the hotel, I recurled my "bangs" which had fallen and shellac-ed them with spray. Then we headed down to the ballroom. The hotel did a GREAT job and decorating. I had, of course, instructions with each item so they would know exactly what to do with it. It was perfect!

The grand entrance started late because the groom's parents were no where to be found (apparently hanging out in their room!) and the best man was smoking...lol. We finally got everyone together and entered to the Muppet Show Theme!

Pics:

1. Shoes!

2. (missed one) Daniel sees me for first time

3. Car deco

• Jen H.
    Master October 2012
    Jen H. ·

After we sat for a minute, we cut the cake. There was NO cake smashing! Then dinner was promptly served. Dinner was GREAT! I think everyone loved it but my dad. Everyone was ringing their bells to get us to kiss. One time, Daniel was in the bathroom, but they insisted on a kiss...so I kissed my MoH! LOL!

After dinner we started our entertainment, which was Sing with the Band. I know that karaoke is on the "banned in weddings" list, but singing with a live rock band is a little different...everyone had a blast! I'm hoping some video comes in of people singing. =)

The photobooth was a great hit as well, we have some shots of that!

Pics:

1. DH & Best man

2. Best man, Fer and me (I have a sign that says "Aaargh" which didn't fit!)

3. Daniel & me being silly

• Jen H.
    Master October 2012
    Jen H. ·

Advice:

ORGANIZATION is key!!!!! I had everything boxed, labeled and with instructions so that 12 people weren't asking me questions all the time!

People are there who love you and want to help, USE THEM! We couldn't have pulled with off without the help of our friends and family..huge thanks to all of them.

It's true, the day flies, take some time to soak it all in! Things will go wrong! Our dinner timing was all goofed up because what they "normally" do wasn't what we were doing....but no one noticed but us and the staff! "whatever" became my wedding day mantra. People would come..."oh this is not what we had expected, how's this sound?" "Great!" (whatever...lol)

Oh and if you have a centerpiece that will also be your favor....don't forget to tell people! LOL I have like 40 candle holders that I have no clue what to do with! Daniel suggested mailing them out with our thank you's..we might do that.

Pics:

1. MoH & Best Man

2. This pose was Daniel's idea!

3. LOL

• Jen H.
    Master October 2012
    Jen H. ·

More pics!

1. A serious one...it's hard to get us in a serious pose!

2. The wedding party!

3. The Rings

• Jen H.
    Master October 2012
    Jen H. ·

More pics!

1. Yay, we're married!

2. Posed shots

3. More nature!

As I go through boxes I will definitely have some pay it forward stuff. Probably won't be until after Halloween...have to get the graveyard ready for kids!

Thanks to all the ladies from whom I stole ideas, thanks for your blunt opinions on my DIY's, they all looked great! and thanks for being here for me to chat incessantly about wedding stuff, which I'm sure my husband and my family are grateful for! I couldn't have done all of this without you guys! =)

<3

• Labake
    Master June 2012
    Labake ·

There's that lovely veil you made! Everything looks lovely, looks like the rain didn't slow you down one bit.

• MistysoontobeBell
    Master October 2013
    MistysoontobeBell ·

Everything looked so pretty!!!! You looked beautiful and happy (so do DH)!!!! Love all the pics!!!! Congrats!!!!

• Esposafisher
    Super September 2012
    Esposafisher ·

Congrats hun!!

I love your dress with veil combo!

• lov3ualways
    VIP July 2013
    lov3ualways ·

I love your dress it is so beautiful! Your veil , shoes and bouquet look great too! I'm glad you didn't let a little rain ruin your day.

• Christina
    Master October 2017
    Christina ·

Congratulations @Jen! Looks like a fun group

• Linda E: Fairy Godmother
    Master September 2012
    Linda E: Fairy Godmother ·

What a beautiful bride you were and what a fun party! Congratulations to you both!

• Courtney F
    VIP April 2014
    Courtney F ·

Congrats!! I love your dress, it is so beautiful!!!

• HalloweenBride
    Master October 2013
    HalloweenBride ·

Love your colors! Though I might be partial! Love that the veil is orange trimmed too, it looks lovely!

• NowI'mMrs.B.
    Super April 2013
    NowI'mMrs.B. ·

Really nice pictures!! Congratulations!!!

• Serina
    Expert June 2013
    Serina ·

Aww looks like you had an amazing wedding! Congrats!

• Liz
    Super May 2013
    Liz ·

Love your dress!

Comment on this discussion