Soon-2-B-MrsBurke
Super May 2011

Rehearsal Dinner

Soon-2-B-MrsBurke, on August 16, 2009 at 7:42 PM Posted in Planning 0 32
Saved Save

I was just wondering how many people are you guys planning on inviting to your Rehearsal dinner? So far I have 24 not including readers because I don't have them picked out yet. Is that alot??

32 Comments

• VegasBride
    Super September 2009
    VegasBride ·
    • Flag

Ours is around 25 people as well. We have 4 bridesmaids, 2 groomsmen, bride, groom, parents (4), flower girl, ring bearer, Grooms sister, and then our out of town guests.

• shalliwell
    VIP October 2009
    shalliwell ·
    • Flag

We have 40 lol!

• Lacy
    Master October 2017
    Lacy ·
    • Flag

Of the top of my head, I'm only counting 17. I haven't picked anyone for the guest book tables or the cake tables, so it might end up being 20.

• JJ
    Master December 2009
    JJ ·
    • Flag

We have 40 unfortunately! but hey, i guess the more the merrier. it's once in a lifetime. i wish it could be more intimate, but that is not how our family and FH friends operate. whatcha gonna do? it could have been worse for me. it could have ballooned to 60-70 ppl and that would have been truly ridiculous. i wish i could get it down to 25- impossible. for me, maybe 30 if a lot of ppl flake.

• L
    VIP August 2009
    lauren10 ·
    • Flag

We have 30 people, including a few who are not in the "wedding party"

• T
    Dedicated September 2009
    Tanisha ·
    • Flag

I think I am at 35 people approximately...

• Traci&Bob
    Master February 2010
    Traci&Bob ·
    • Flag

We have 20 Smiley smile

• jkhines1979
    Devoted December 2009
    jkhines1979 ·
    • Flag

We have 35

• FMS, the barefoot wife!
    Master August 2010
    FMS, the barefoot wife! ·
    • Flag

We are inviting the bridal party, our immediate family and grandparents..so that's like 29 people

• Amy
    Dedicated December 2009
    Amy ·
    • Flag

We have about 20 maybe 25 but that only includes bridal party and their dates(most of the dates are involved in some way in the wedding) both of our parrents & are of oficant and his wife. We didnt invite grandparrents or other relatives.

• Jessica
    Super October 2009
    Jessica ·
    • Flag

With the WP, parents, grandparents, siblings, and significant others ours comes to just shy of 30. I really don't think the actual number matters, as long as you are including everyone who should be there. If you have a larger WP, it's only natural you would have a larger RD, and vice versa.

• Jessica
    Super October 2009
    Jessica ·
    • Flag

Oh, and our officiant too.

• Soon-2-B-MrsBurke
    Super May 2011
    Soon-2-B-MrsBurke ·
    • Flag

Oh good it makes me feel a little better it was starting to look like I was having a mini wedding before the wedding lol

• Soon-2-B-MrsBurke
    Super May 2011
    Soon-2-B-MrsBurke ·
    • Flag

There is more People I would love to have there but I don't think I should add them just because the # is high and is about to get higher I just have to pick everyone for the wedding and than that will add a few more people also .

• Jessica
    Expert November 2009
    Jessica ·
    • Flag

We have around 50. But...that number includes the following:

- Bridesmaids and Spouse/Date

- Groomsmen and Spouse/Date

- Mothers/Fathers

- Grandparents

- Ringbearers

- Flowergirls

- Ushers and Spouse/Date

- Guest Book Attendants and Spouse/Date

- Program Attendants and Spouse/Date

- Minister and Spouse

So it really does add up quickly, but I'm the type of person who would rather have anyone who is going to be a part of the ceremony at the rehearsal/dinner be there and have a clue as to what's going on then show up the day of the wedding and be clueless and not have anyone show them what to do or what's going on.

• Soon-2-B-MrsBurke
    Super May 2011
    Soon-2-B-MrsBurke ·
    • Flag

Jessica how many people are invited to the wedding?

• Gershelda
    VIP October 2009
    Gershelda ·
    • Flag

WOW, and I thought we had a lot of people! We only have 16 counting me and fh. We only have the bp, parents, and the pastor...we want everyone else to be suprised at the wedding, so we limited it to just those people that are NEEDED at the wedding itself.

• Amanda D.
    Super July 2010
    Amanda D. ·
    • Flag

I am nowhere near planning my rehearsal dinner yet, but I just counted and I will probably have to figure around 35 or 40. Holy crap! Thanks for making me realize this now!

• Thistle
    Dedicated October 2009
    Thistle ·
    • Flag

We're inviting everyone. It's a destination wedding, so everyone's out of town. It will probably be close to 100.

• grlbtful
    Dedicated October 2009
    grlbtful ·
    • Flag

Jessica doyou have gifts for all those people

Comment on this discussion