We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

DeniBelle
Devoted September 2012

Price Check Please

DeniBelle, on April 23, 2012 at 10:14 PM Posted in Planning 0 17
Saved Save

Hey ladies, we met with someone who will create a custom wedding invitation for us. postcard style and her quote was $367.45 for 200 invites & envelopes and 200 rsvps..

Is that a lot? I'm not sure about pricing for invites. I just don't want to spend more in the wrong areas..lol we debated a lot on spending the money on 'china' and chose to get the videography pkg we wanted instead. just need perspective from my online support group. Smiley smile your thoughts? any advice?

17 Comments

• keli716
    VIP September 2012
    keli716 ·
    • Flag

I paid $215 for 100 invitations, prelabeled envelopes, rsvp cards, and prelabeled rsvp card envelopes.

• CKJL5410
    Master May 2012
    CKJL5410 ·
    • Flag

I paid $175 for 150 invites, and RSVPs were attached, no envelopes needed, but that was the cheapest ones I could find without going through vista print or something similar Smiley smile

• carol
    Devoted September 2012
    carol ·
    • Flag

Check out invitationsbydawn.com I got 150 with inner and outer envelopes for $163.00 oh yea that included shipping and handling and I had them a week later.

• Kiela
    Expert July 2012
    Kiela ·
    • Flag

Try invitationstyles.com I just ordered mine and got 210 invites (including RSVP cards and all printed envelopes) for $202

• Mrs. Fornasty
    VIP May 2012
    Mrs. Fornasty ·
    • Flag

Our were a total of 5 different post cards. with the pockets, and all the postcards for 100 invites and matching envelopes for the invites were $148. I ran them through my printer for the addressing.

• Blair
    VIP September 2012
    Blair ·
    • Flag

i did mine through vistaprint. total was $67 for 100 invites, rsvp postcards, mailing labels, envelope seals and envelopes.

try mygatsby.com too. their prices are good.

• JoAnna
    VIP June 2012
    JoAnna ·
    • Flag

I would definitely check around before you commit to her. It's not a terrible price but you can find a more reasonable price. Even printing your own will be less. We printed ours (250 qty. w/ rsvps and envelopes for both) for $230. That included purchasing the ink and paying for shipping since we ordered the blank invites online. Total cost, INCLUDING all the stamps, was $430 for 250 invites.

• Kathleen
    Master August 2012
    Kathleen ·
    • Flag

If you love them and can afford them, it's your choice. Personally, I wouldn't spend that much on something someone is going to throw away. I'd rather save that money for a better reception. I got 150 invites for $40 from Hobby Lobby (they were 50% off). They aren't super fancy or anything, but they get the job done.

Edit to add: I do have to print my own, so that's the downside of getting invitations from a place like Hobby Lobby.

• Julie B
    Master May 2012
    Julie B ·
    • Flag

I think what matters are how important they are to you. I didn't want to spend a fortune, and I wanted them to look traditional, with brown ink. We got ours at Bed Bath and Beyond. I think they were $145 for 125. That included inner and outer envelopes. We have had many compliments on them. All of our other printed stuff we got from Vista Print, including our invite enclosures, which didn't match exactly, but coordinated well with our invitations. Good luck finding just the right ones!

• WasSoon2BMrsSmith
    Master September 2010
    WasSoon2BMrsSmith ·
    • Flag

It's not a lot. However if it is postcard style why do you need envelopes? that should be required and if not then it should cost less.

I spent $100 ordering just the nice paper and envelopes and stamps to make 75. Plus I got a quote to print my own design and that was going to be $60.

Remember you are paying for their services and for the materials. Think of what you get paid per hour and how long you think this would take plus add in any time for revisions you might want and then add the paper and print costs.

If you are not set on custom than it will cost less but designing is not cheap.

• Kristina
    VIP September 2012
    Kristina ·
    • Flag

I bet she needs envelope for attaching the RSVPs unless there is another way to hook them together for the mailing process and eliminating the envleopes all together.

• Stephanie
    Just Said Yes April 2012
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag

Hmmm, I guess I may have spent too much....$450 for 125 invitations, inserts, RSVP cards and envelopes. And then since it was heavy, the postage was higher. But I loved the invitations!

• Abby
    Super April 2012
    Abby ·
    • Flag

If she's customizing them I say it's a good price. Yes, you can go to a website and have them made but there nothing like having one of a kind invitations.

• Cydney J (Cydney M)
    Master October 2011
    Cydney J (Cydney M) ·
    • Flag

We paid $150 for 75 invitations with inner and outter envelopes and 75 RSVP cards and envelopes

• KKnTrev
    Super June 2012
    KKnTrev ·
    • Flag

We paid $300 on etsy for seal and send invites with RSVP tear off and thank you cards custom 90 of each

• Nickiya
    Devoted July 2012
    Nickiya ·
    • Flag

I think that is a great price for custom design & printing. You can definately cut cost going DIY but if you don't want the hassle of doing it yourself, go with your custom fit. save yourself some work. you also paying for the ease of assemble & design.

believe me I completely designed & am putting together my invites & it is a true job.

• ashlee
    Master January 2012
    ashlee ·
    • Flag

Thats an amazing deal -with and really what matters is if they are what you want. I went waaaaaaay over my original invitation budget - and have never regretted it for a second.

Comment on this discussion

Related articles