jlu
Devoted September 2012

Plus sized brides - show off your dress!

jlu, on June 8, 2012 at 4:10 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 66
Saved

I'd love to see some photos of real brides wearing dresses (especially if anyone has any Maggie dresses to show off). I"m feeling a bit down today about my weight. bloated, the works. I'm a size 16 adn sometimes i just think to myself "there's no way i'm giong to be "pretty" on my wedding day"

come cheer me up. Smiley sad

66 Comments

Latest activity by Kayla, on January 12, 2015 at 4:57 PM
  • Amanda
    Master July 2012
    Amanda ·
    • Flag

Aww, I am not a plus size bride, but I feel your pain! I am a size 10 and I think that to myself also. I am sure you are going to be stunning!!! Quit saying negative things to yourself lady!

• Linda E: Fairy Godmother
    Master September 2012
    Linda E: Fairy Godmother ·
    • Flag

Sweetie - it doesn't matter what you wear, you will be BEAUTIFUL on your wedding day! But just to show you that plus is not a minus, here's a couple of pics for you of real plus size brides, not models. Hang in there!

• The Polka Dot Queen ©
    Master July 2012
    The Polka Dot Queen © ·
    • Flag

I am just on the cusp, I'm a 14, not sure if that counts and plus size or not, but heck, I'll post my dress, especially because it's a Maggie! I've decided not to bother dieting, FH loves me the size I am, and when my dress came in, it fit perfectly, so if I lost weight I'd have to pay for alternations! No thanks!

• Mrs L
    Master March 2012
    Mrs L ·
    • Flag

I'm a size 16 and never felt more beautiful than on my wedding day!

• Mrs L
    Master March 2012
    Mrs L ·
    • Flag

A few more!

• Cavan
    VIP January 2012
    Cavan ·
    • Flag

I'm a size 20 and I felt gorgeous on my wedding day. My dress is not a Maggie though.

• Anonymous
    VIP October 2012
    Anonymous ·
    • Flag

I'm an 18/20 and mine's not a Maggie... But, as much as I don't think I look great in this pic, I love my dress and can not wait to wear it! I have the same feelings as you at times, but I think the day of it'll be a whole different feeling! Smiley smile

• Marie S. (aka Princess Leia)
    Master October 2012
    Marie S. (aka Princess Leia) ·
    • Flag

I'm a 14 w/ Double D's. My dress in not Maggie - its Cosmobella a division of Demetrios.

This is me at my 1st fitting last week. :-)

My FMIL told me I'd look better if I lost some weight... Ya know what - I LOVE the way I look in my dress and have no intentions of loosing weight.

Master October 2012
    • Flag

Sorry double post

Master October 2012
    • Flag

Triple post

• Anonymous
    VIP October 2012
    Anonymous ·
    • Flag

Marie - you definitely don't need to lose weight! You look gorgeous in that dress (and you don't look like a size 14) Smiley smile

• Jessica
    Master July 2012
    Jessica ·
    • Flag

My dress is a size 18, and it's done by Sophia Tolli who was a head designer at Maggie's for many years before moving off to start her own line. So, I think her craftsmanship and attention to detail are pretty similar. This is a corset back dress.

• Ally
    Dedicated March 2013
    Ally ·
    • Flag

Girls, you all look stunning! Jenny, I am positive you will find the perfect dress for your body type, and feel like a million bucks on your special day.

Master October 2012
    • Flag

Dana - that's what I think about all of the girls here - if you buy the right dress - it accentuates the positives so you don't notice the negatives. LOL

And yup all 5-2 1/2 of me is a 14. It's only coming in on the sides a smidge. It's being hemmed big time though!

• Mrs. Lemmon (Amy H.)
    Master March 2012
    Mrs. Lemmon (Amy H.) ·
    • Flag

My dress was a size 24. even though Im not that big DB's dresses Im an 18/20. I have issues with the way my arms look they always look huge in pics. But I found the dress of my dreams. Its by Private Label by G

• Sierra
    Dedicated December 2012
    Sierra ·
    • Flag

The dress I fell in love with at David's bridal.. It's the PERFECT dress for a plus sized girl.. I'll have to post a link later (db is blocked at work), but it's GORGEOUS.. It's an A-line chiffon dress with a beaded section just under the bust- it's strapless.. I put a ballgown slip under it to give it some fullness-- ahhh, so perfect!!

• jlu
    Devoted September 2012
    jlu ·
    • Flag

I have bought a dress... Maggie's Doreen. the one i tried on was a size 6..i ended up ordering a size 20. I tried on a similar dress that was size 20 and Maggie, it looked awesome on me..i think i'm just down on myself lately. need to get out of the funk...

BUT everyone here looks awesome! I did learn something from these posts, what really makes you beautiful is your smile. and i cannot wait for my day, so as long as i'm happy, i'll be beautiful!

thanks girls!

• Emmy Nae
    VIP October 2013
    Emmy Nae ·
    • Flag

Jessica i LOVE the detail on your dress

• Kimpy
    Super October 2012
    Kimpy ·
    • Flag

This is the sample dress I tried on almost a year ago. It was a size 22. I ordered the gown in a size 18, and it is too big for me now. I lost a lot of weight since this was taken though and felt awful about myself! - I look like a Giant compared to the lady in the background of this picture! I know once the dress gets altered, I will feel much better in it =) Plus I will feel extra great on my wedding day - you're right about the smiles!

Don't worry, I know you will feel amazing in the gown you chose =)

• Ednabug
    Master December 2011
    Ednabug ·
    • Flag

I'm bigger than a 16, and I had not issues with feeling too big... I was comfortable in my dress, and I know I looked good!! LOL

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics