ap2al
VIP October 2018

Overthinking on Stamps?

ap2al, on June 30, 2018 at 2:49 PM Posted in Planning 0 37
Saved Save
Hi WW community!

First off, congrats to all those getting married this weekend Smiley smile

Secondly, I am working on assembling my invitations and started to think about the stamps for both the invitation and the RSVP envelope. I was thinking of using the Love stamps that are surrounded by cartoon-like flowers (can just google Love stamps and you’ll see what I mean) and then the Love stamps in skywriting for the RSVP envelope. I don’t want to spend extra on custom stamps, and I never noticed the stamp on the envelopes. Does it matter if it matches the formality of the invitation?

i feel like I’m overthinking this! (Which I probably am...)

37 Comments

• Ashley
    Devoted November 2018
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    I just used the white love ones with the flowers. I think they are really pretty.
  • Susan
    Super November 2018
    Susan ·
    • Flag
    Tbh I wanted nice stamps but I decided it wasn’t worth it. No one looks at the stamps.
  • ap2al
    VIP October 2018
    ap2al ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I figured the colors were relatively close to the actual colors. That counts, right? 😂
  • ap2al
    VIP October 2018
    ap2al ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Right?! I had no idea custom stamps were so expensive. It’s hard for me to justify when I know they’ll just be thrown away 😂
  • augbride
    Super August 2018
    augbride ·
    • Flag
    I used American flag stamps on my save the dates lol
    so yes of course the love stamps are fine!

• Deaddorothy
    Dedicated June 2019
    Deaddorothy ·
    • Flag
    Personally I have noticed stamps. I’ve seen the matching ones from minted on invites and the normal everyday American flag on others. I think that the matching ones just look really elegant and is like wow! I’m not a fan of just traditional flag ones. Especially if it contrasts with the colors. But if you found a happy medium of similar colors by not exactly matching I think that would be great.
  • J
    Dedicated September 2018
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    I used whatever the guy at the post office gave me - I had flags for the invite and some kind of purple flowers for the RSVP. Honestly, stamps are about the last thing on my list of care-abouts.
  • ap2al
    VIP October 2018
    ap2al ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I just wish they had more options! Lol
  • ap2al
    VIP October 2018
    ap2al ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I really wanted matching stamps at first, but on Minted, it was an extra $200; I just find that hard to spend, especially if I could put that towards the cake or something. I’m hoping to use the Love ones because they are cute (they just aren’t as formal as the invites lol).
  • ap2al
    VIP October 2018
    ap2al ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I’m finding as my list of “cares” grows, the stamps thing gets lower. At first, I was all about matching stamps and such. Now I just want to make sure it’s not a wedding planning faux pas! Smiley smile
  • J
    Just Said Yes January 2019
    Jayna ·
    • Flag
    I honestly don't think anyone will care if your stamps match or not. Just do what makes you happy.
  • M
    Super October 2018
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    We didn't pay attention to stamps on anything we have gotten and we didn't give it any concern to what stamps were on our invites. I seriously doubt many people pay attention
  • ap2al
    VIP October 2018
    ap2al ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks! I tend to overthink on these little details. I’m wanting to do what makes my wallet happy too 😂
  • ap2al
    VIP October 2018
    ap2al ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yeah. I know I don’t but that doesn’t mean others don’t, so I wanted to get a feel of what the WW community thought Smiley smile
  • J
    Dedicated October 2018
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    I just finished putting the love stamps on my invitations.
  • J
    Just Said Yes January 2019
    Jayna ·
    • Flag
    I hear ya. My wallet is crying after putting a down payment down for the florist today. I just got wedding invitation with a custom stamp. I looked at it for two seconds and thought what a waste of money. Like i said if you need it to be happy then do what makes you happy.
  • M
    Super October 2018
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I understand. I wasn't trying to sound rude. I should have reread before sending. I simply meant I don't think people pay enough attention to stamps to make it an extra expense if you are trying to be careful with your budget.
  • AJ
    VIP September 2018
    AJ ·
    • Flag
    We used forever stamps on the envelopes, but our cute birch & eggplant RSVP postcards ended up with blue seashell stamps lol. It's all our tiny post ofgice had. I won't lie, it's bothering me a little! If you don't want to spend extra, maybe go to the post office and ask if they carry any other designs?
  • ap2al
    VIP October 2018
    ap2al ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Totally didn’t take you as rude Smiley smile I agree! I know I don’t but it’s weird how much can go into the little details, such as invitation wording and stamps lol. This has been a learning experience for sure!
  • ap2al
    VIP October 2018
    ap2al ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I may do that! I have to go and weigh the invitation suite to double check the postage. I’ll ask then Smiley smile thanks!

Comment on this discussion