Janeen
Master January 2015

NWR: Too many MLM people asking me to buy things

Janeen, on December 9, 2014 at 11:56 AM

Posted in Community Conversations 48

The thing that I hate about Christmas is that the people who sell multi-level marketing stuff out of their home pop out of the woodwork and bug the crap out of me. No, I don't want to buy shakeology. Yes, I know that you make a good salary working out of your home for 2 hours a day. No, I don't want...

The thing that I hate about Christmas is that the people who sell multi-level marketing stuff out of their home pop out of the woodwork and bug the crap out of me. No, I don't want to buy shakeology. Yes, I know that you make a good salary working out of your home for 2 hours a day. No, I don't want to make money by helping people. I totally get that these companies are great from people who want to work from home, but please please please do not capitalize on an existing friend/acquaintenceship to sell me something.

The most recent offender is someone I went to high school with has decided to sell Jamberry nails. Awhile ago, she messaged me and asked why I haven't tried her product. I said that I was doing races every other weekend and was literally digging through mud, so I don't do my nails. Now that that's over, she's bothering me to try it for the wedding. No, No. No. No. No. I've hidden her posts and I don't answer. Are you guys being bothered too?

48 Comments

• Jess
    Master May 2015
    Jess ·
    • Flag

I barely even looked at Black Friday ads this year. Smiley laugh Zero fucks given about Black Friday shopping.

I did buy some things from the Knot sale and a couple of clutches from the Kate Spade sale for the wedding. But I think together, that was all under $150, so not bad. If it wasn't for the wedding, I'd have spent a grand total of $0 on Black Friday sales.

• Janeen
    Master January 2015
    Janeen ·
    • Flag

The stupid emails got to me this year. HOLY CRAP SOMETHING I DON'T NEED IS 40% OFF?! I'M THERE!

Melissa--there are two appliances I have used regularly for the past 10 years: my food processor and my KA mixer.

• Jess
    Master May 2015
    Jess ·
    • Flag

I don't cook and I use my KitchenAid. It's great for the random cupcakes and cookies I make like 4 times a year. Smiley smile

Back on topic, I do use my Scentsy burners almost every day.

• L + R
    Master September 2014
    L + R ·
    • Flag

Kohl's is awesome. I got like 15 things for $250. The Bomb.com

• Janeen
    Master January 2015
    Janeen ·
    • Flag

I've slowly been poisoning my coworkers with baked goods over these 3 years. The KA was totally a key player in that.

• Melissa
    Super April 2015
    Melissa ·
    • Flag

Yup, Kohls is where I got it. 15% off for adding it to my cart online, plus another 20% off code, plus a $5 reward, plus $45 in Kohls Cash and a $50 rebate. Everybody's getting baked goods for Christmas lol

• V
    Beginner August 2023
    Veneranda ·
    • Flag

I don't like people asking me to buy things.

• P
    Dedicated May 2014
    Private User ·
    • Flag

Can't tolerate this either I have same experience like you. one day i ran into with a middle school classmate who I haven't met in 7 years.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics