Jen
Master March 2014

NWR: FrankenStorm

Jen, on October 27, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Posted in Planning 26

We're under evacuation orders, so I'm signing off for the time being. Everyone in the storm's path, please stay safe. For those of you getting married this weekend, lets pray that Sandy doesn't put a kink in your plans... remember the big picture... You're marrying your best friend. No storm can...

We're under evacuation orders, so I'm signing off for the time being. Everyone in the storm's path, please stay safe. For those of you getting married this weekend, lets pray that Sandy doesn't put a kink in your plans... remember the big picture... You're marrying your best friend. No storm can possibly stop that.

Love to all,

Jen

26 Comments

• Uhura526
    Expert April 2013
    Uhura526 ·
    • Flag

I am sick of the freakish storms too! I'm in DC and while we have no evac plans, they put a state of emergency on us. FI and I have board games, candles and went to the grocery store on Friday. We have what we need. Hope it's just going to be heavy rains and winds and lasts only a day. We shall see. Keep safe!

• Michele &
    Devoted June 2014
    Michele & ·
    • Flag

My prayers are with all of you...

• 2d Bride
    Champion October 2009
    2d Bride ·
    • Flag

I'm in the DC area and have two reports to write today. I'm trying to get them done quickly just in case the power goes out.

• Mrs.V-Finally
    Super August 2013
    Mrs.V-Finally ·
    • Flag

Good luck everyone and stay safe. I'm in MA and supposed to hit here Monday. I think it will be as bad here as NJ and NY. But they still declared a state of emergency and shutting the schools and stuff down.

• Spicydeene
    VIP October 2012
    Spicydeene ·
    • Flag

I'm in DE and work for the power company - the same parent company that serves Atlantic City thru Baltimore and down to the White House. All of my coworkers have been activated for storm duty and I'm on call in case my 2nd storm role needs me.

I told my hubby that it's a good thing we got married last weekend - yesterday was the last day to enjoy a glass of wine!

When I go to work tomorrow - I may be the only one in my department that hasn't been activated for storm duty yet!!

Be prepared, be informed and lets hope & pray for the best.

• Sam S.
    Super September 2013
    Sam S. ·
    • Flag

Really hating this storm...my fiance is right next to a BGE substation, so even if he does lose power, it will be back on very quickly. My parents will not be so lucky...from the pictures I am seeing I think Ocean City (MD) will basically be destroyed.. Smiley sad really nervous about tonight!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics