Brittany
Expert May 2019

Not completely wedding related But...

Brittany, on January 18, 2019 at 12:12 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 18
Saved Save

WE BOUGHT A HOUSE! We live with my parents right now and knew we absolutely had to have something before the wedding but I didn't expect the first offer we made to get accepted. We're completely ecstatic and fortunately the wedding shower is only a few weeks after our closing date and then not long after is the wedding so we're just going to have a "minimalistic" style for a bit lol.

That being said...obviously people register for kitchen items, towels, sheets, etc. Do you also think it's okay to register for things like a headboard, coffee table, and other smaller furniture pieces like that? I'm leaning toward "yes" because I'm going into with the mindset that while I wouldn't buy someone a whole bedroom set I would definitely contribute money to something like that and "group gifts" are an option on our Zola registry. We also get 20% for up to 6 months after the wedding so it would be a nice way to save money even if someone didn't purchase/contribute toward those things specifically?

18 Comments

• Kenisha
    Champion June 2019
    Kenisha
    Congratulations 馃巿馃帄馃帀馃嵕 on buying your new home 馃彙

Yeah, I think that鈥檚 completely okay to add those items to your registry.
  • Lana
    Savvy April 2019
    Lana
    I would think so. We bought a house pre wedding as well so we鈥檙e in the same boat of needing furniture.

Do it!
  • Nisa
    Super March 2019
    Nisa

Congratulations! That's a huge accomplishment, I can't wait for us to hit that milestone!

I think it's definitely okay. We registered for a few furniture items like bookcases, mirrors, etc. so I don't see why you couldn't register for a headboard or coffee table! The nice thing about modern registries is that these items can be shipped directly to you, in the past, I think people wouldn't gift these things because they probably didn't know how to, but now most gifts go straight to you.

Congrats again!

• Jasmyn
    Dedicated October 2020
    Jasmyn
    1. Oh my! Congrats on purchasing your first home. This is so exciting.
    2. Yes! Add those items to your registry, especially with the savings up to 6 months after the wedding!!馃グ
  • MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD

Congratulations! We bought a fixer upper in July 2018 and it's been such a journey. Our register is an Amazon registry, it's been amazing. It's full of light fixtures, door knobs, faucets, rugs, smart home accessories, ceiling fans, smaller furniture pieces! I think it will be nice to write in the thank you note how much their gift improved our home.

• Cristy
    Rockstar May 2020
    Cristy

Yes, absolutely ok!! Wow, congratulations! Perfect timing! I would register for anything and everything you need. Guests will buy what they can afford from your registry. So, go for it.

• Annie
    VIP October 2018
    Annie

Congrats on your home purchase! My cousin had lamps and a headboard on her registry, which were all bought. The headboard and comforter she wanted were gifted to her by us (her bridesmaids). One thing I had on my registry that is the best thing ever is my roomba! You might think a vacuum is weird, but it saves so much time. My husband was skeptical at first on it, but has since fell in love with "Dusty" too.

• Chandra
    Master May 2019
    Chandra
    That would definitely be okay in my books!
    Also you could register for home depot gift cards for any home Reno projects!
  • MrsV1027
    Master October 2018
    MrsV1027

Congrats on the home! Be ready for a fun ride lol. When I bought my house 5 years ago the closing date changed several times so just be prepared for that.

• Jayla
    Champion October 2025
    Jayla

Congratulations Brittany!! I can only imagine how exciting it must be to have bought a house!! In regards to your registry, I agree with the other comments. With the option to have things delivered directly to you I think it's fine to add those small furniture items to your registry. It'll definitely be a huge help in getting your home furnished and decorated.

• Katie
    VIP November 2019
    Katie
    Congrats on buying a house ! We are in the process of looking too
  • Kristin
    Devoted August 2020
    Kristin
    Congratulations! We have been looking at houses too and just put in an offer actually, so I know how stressful it is to be both house saving and wedding saving! That is so exciting!
  • JEANIE
    Expert April 2020
    JEANIE
    Congrats! I wish you nothing but the best!! I think it's definitely acceptable to do that
  • Brittany
    Expert May 2019
    Brittany

Thanks so much for the feedback/positive reinforcement/congratulations! It's much appreciated!

• Brittany
    Expert May 2019
    Brittany
    View Quoted Comment

Oh lord, I know! I work in insurance so I deal with a lot of upset people when closing dates get pushed around.

• Brittany
    Expert May 2019
    Brittany
    View Quoted Comment

Good luck! If the market there is anything like it is here everything goes SO quickly!

• Brittany
    Expert May 2019
    Brittany
    View Quoted Comment

So stressful! I can generally keep a running list of all my "to-dos" in my head but now there's so much going on that I feel like my head is spinning! Home inspection here, catering appointment there, alterations this day, insurance review that day. Shew.

• Courtney
    Rockstar December 2019
    Courtney

Congratulations on the new house!

Trust me, we've all been there with the minimalist style too haha. I would absolutely register for smaller pieces, you never know who will be generous. And if you get gift cards you still have those discounts to look forward to later.

Comment on this discussion