J
Savvy August 2018

Wedding day guilt?

Jessica, on August 27, 2018 at 11:11 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 9
Saved
Did any other brides have any wedding day guilt for not remembering all of their day? I did have quite a bit to drink LOL but my nerves, adrenaline, excitement and being pulled in so many directions I found myself forgetting so many moments of that day! Everyone told me it would go by in a blink of an eye and that was SO TRUE but I’m left feeling kind of guilty. I know I could have held back on drinking a little less but damn 2 years of planning and I was ready to party! Hoping I’m not the only one who felt like this the next day! It was an absolute dream but I’m sad I don’t remember every detail and moments!

9 Comments

Latest activity by bevbabe, on September 21, 2021 at 10:22 AM
  • C
    Master July 2018
    Cuoghi ·
    • Flag
    Husband and I were just talking about this if it makes you feel better.
  • J
    Savvy August 2018
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I’m just having a really hard time with it! For one I’m disappointed in myself. I spent two years planning and have waited so long for my wedding and it went by SO fast and I know a huge reason I don’t remember bits and pieces I’d because I drank too much too soon! Luckily I didn’t get to the point where I couldn’t stand or anything I for sure held it together and danced the night away but seeing pictures and videos that others took and I’m just like omg I don’t even remember that! I do however remember The most important parts but after the ceremony and dinner I turned it up a notch LOL
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Legend March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride Online ·
    • Flag
    Don’t fret! It’s not just the booze. “Bliss Brain” is real. My DH & I didn’t drink until cocktail hour (and only had 1/2 glass of champagne because we had to change into our reception outfits but we both couldn’t remember parts of our day! My mom couldn’t either. It’s a happy yet weird fog. Amen for photographers to show us the moments we forgot and the ones other people saw.
  • J
    Savvy August 2018
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It’s really funny you mentioned the “bliss brain” because I was sitting there trying to piece together our day that I worked so damn hard at and even in the beginning of the morning and into our first look or taking all the photos after that when I was still sober it was hard for me to even put that together and everything I have read about other brides having this haze or foggy brain is exactly what I’m experiencing! It makes me happy to know im not the only one because looking back I knew I drank a lot but I still was completely functioning and I just couldn’t put my finger on why I literally felt like I forgot the entire day except for like very specific moments like walking down the aisle, my dads prayer and lines in our ceremony to each other or or vows! I’m so thankful we have our photos and video because I feel like it’s so difficult to cope with not remembering your day!
  • Sarah
    Devoted October 2018
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    I'm so worried about doing this, but hey like the other ladies have pointed out, the mind does funny things. Think of it this way, now you get to discover the memories as they come back as other people tell stories of things that happened at your wedding. Maybe.. I dunno. Haha. I've designated party police to remind me to take it slow.
  • J
    Savvy August 2018
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    Sarah the one piece of advice I would have for any bride is to take even 5 minutes every hour or so to just have a moment to yourself or with your husband! The day went by faster than I ever imagined it would and I so wish I could relive my day again to hold onto those moments! If your family is anything like mine (party people) at least you know that your wedding will be an absolute blast! The adrenaline, excitement, emotions, being pulled in so many directions is somthing that I didn’t prepare myself for and I wish I would have looked into things I could do the day of to just kind of take a moment to collect my thoughts or even just BREATHE! But that is so hard to do! I’ve never felt as much excitement and love as I did that day and when I look back I can barely remember it all except for specific vivid moments and just having a continuous smile on my face! Enjoy your day and ALL the moments you can! Also if you don’t have a video person get one if you guys can! I’m so thankful we decided to do that because now I’ll be able to hold onto that forever!
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Legend March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride Online ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

It's real! A weird foggy surreal happy feeling. Smiley xd Weird feeling to be buzzed without drinking, even in amazing meditations/massages I don't feel like that because even though I may feel very relaxed the world is crisp & clear not floaty. I know, sounds strange.

I read your other post below. Sadly, we were too over-budget for a videographer but were so relieved we had a 2nd photographer! Having TWO photographers would be one of my top recommendations. All that work and money for one day...photos help capture those memories!

• Maren
    Champion October 2021
    Maren ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Hi Jessica! Pirate & 60s Bride says it perfectly. You're so happy, it's all a blur, with our without alcohol. Smiley heart

• B
    Dedicated June 2023
    bevbabe ·
    • Flag

That's okay. That's what pictures/videos are for lol.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics