Future Mrs. 27
Devoted June 2015

Maldives Honeymoon?

Future Mrs. 27, on January 23, 2015 at 11:37 AM Posted in Honeymoon 1 8
Saved Save

We are trying to figure out where to go for our honeymoon. We are looking for a tropical all inclusive adults only resort. I have heard Maldives has some reasonably priced overwater bungalows. Has anyone ever been to or are you going to Maldives? We are also looking into St. Lucia, Bora Bora, Fiji, Tahiti, Antigua and Hawaii. So yeah we are all over the place and trying to stay in the $5,000 range. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

8 Comments

• T.
    Master November 2013
    T. ·
    • Flag

I'm not sure how long you're planning your HM for, but I'll tell you this:

Bora Bora and/or the Maldives will be difficult trips to plan for $5,000. I'm not sure you'll be able to pull it off with that budget.

My husband and I went to St. Lucia for 6 days and 5 nights. We spent $8,000 total, and that was an all-inclusive trip. The service was second to none, the food was amazing and the water was spectacular.

• Lucy
    Master April 2015
    Lucy ·
    • Flag

We wanted to go to Tahiti. Tickets were WAY too expensive. ONE roundtrip ticket to Tahiti or Fiji is from $1500-1800

Bora Bora & Maldives is $2000 plus for ONE roundtrip ticket.

Your best bet will be St. Lucia & Antigua. Idk about Hawaii. I guess it depends on where you're flying from though.

• Jillian
    Master May 2015
    Jillian ·
    • Flag

Maldives/bora bora/Tahiti is more like $10,000 at the low end. Flights alone would come to around 5 I would think. Also, for bora bora/Tahiti when I was looking I didn't see any real all inclusive. Vacation forums sites said they did have one, but it's not longer in business. I'm assuming Fiji will be pricey for a flight as well. Antigua has decent deals. They have a sandals in Antigua and st lucia. However, I checked both out using sandals and for $5,000 it wasn't really happening. In Antigua the least expensive rooms were still more. You could do st lucia for around that with sandals if you stay at their smaller resort or the medium resort, but you won't be able to do much for an upgraded room. We wanted to stay below $5000 as well. We ended up booking Secrets Playa Mujeres in Mexico because it's brand new. It just opened in November. We upgraded our room and we upgraded out flights to first class. The resort is all inclusive and for everything after taxes and upgrades we were around $4200 for the both of us.

Good luck!

• Maltese
    Master June 2015
    Maltese ·
    • Flag

I'm pretty sure that you aren't going to be able to do that honeymoon in your budget. At least not to the Maldives. St Lucia or Hawaii (especially St Lucia, depending on which coast of the States you are travelling from) would be a bit more doable.

Wait for HIH to jump on...I'm pretty sure she' going to the Maldives. Or maybe its Bora Bora. I just know where ever she's going it sounds super awesome and I'm incredibly jealous!

• Jennifer
    Devoted May 2014
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

Even aside from the price I personally don't think I could go to the Maldives from a moral standpoint. No judgement to the people who choose to go but their track record for treatment of gays and women is horrendous.

I haven't been to St. Lucia but its on my wish list... I think that would def be more doable on your budget.

• Future Mrs. 27
    Devoted June 2015
    Future Mrs. 27 ·
    • Flag

Wow I obviously did not do enough research. Thank you for the reality check!

• bridetobe27
    Dedicated July 2015
    bridetobe27 ·
    • Flag

I really wanted to go to maldives but tickets (and flight times) are ridiculous. So unless you have 5,000 to spend on tickets + 2 weeks off, it's not worth it--in my opinion

• Lawmom
    VIP June 2015
    Lawmom ·
    • Flag

We're going to Dubai and Maldives. We got a steal of a deal on airfare $2500 round trip for both of us from Houston on Emirates airlines. Lodging is running us another $6,500. We'll be in Dubai 3 nights and Maldives 5 nights.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics