LadyCrystal
VIP November 2013

LEAVE YOUR EXPLETIVE KIDS AT HOME!!!!!

LadyCrystal, on July 26, 2013 at 5:48 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 522
Saved Save

I love children. I ADORE CHILDREN.

But if you have children that you do not discipline, DON'T BRING THEM AROUND ME!!

FH and I are having a relatively child free wedding (no children outside of the wedding party)

Its a night wedding. Its formal. Find a babysitter. Have a drink. Get a hotel room and practice making the next baby!!

Our wedding is not YOUR family reunion. Nor should I be responsible for stopping your child from knocking over the cake.

I went to a wedding and saw a child lift up the brides dress and try to play hide and seek under it during the first dance!!

BTW this is not directed toward WW Brides who have children. I'm sure your babies are well behaved. FH has a cousin who does not discipline her children and even if it is clear they are not invited, would show up and throw them on the mercy of other people while she gets drunk.

522 Comments

• Sabrina
    Devoted August 2013
    Sabrina ·
    • Flag

My soon to be step children will be leaving the reception right after the dinner. Like yours it is an evening wedding. There will be dancing and drinking for adults...not children. It's like folk who think it's ok to have children in a bar of a restaurant during happy hour. SMH

• Mrs. A
    VIP November 2013
    Mrs. A ·
    • Flag

I am so happy you just did this!!!

• Catrapoin
    Expert November 2014
    Catrapoin ·
    • Flag

Hehehehe

That's about all I have to contribute to this thread. My friends discipline their kids. If they didn't, I wouldn't be friends with them- ain't nobody got time for that.

• LadyCrystal
    VIP November 2013
    LadyCrystal ·
    • Flag

If it was earlier in the day and I knew that you would be responsible for your children then thats fine. I'm not comfortable having children around heavy drinking. I completely understand that some people don't have a baby sitter but its neither fair nor responsible to make everyone else watch your kids while you toss back shots.

• Celia Milton
    December 2019
    Celia Milton ·
    • Flag

I can't love you more.

• L
    Super December 2014
    Loren A futr J ·
    • Flag

Right! Unless its geared towards kids leave them home!

• LadyCrystal
    VIP November 2013
    LadyCrystal ·
    • Flag

@Catrapoin I know you have more to offer than that. I can't be friends with people who don't show their child the difference between right and wrong.

@Amy S sometimes its appropriate but in this case its not even like she can't get a babysitter. Its just the free party free food aspect. I'm actually positive she doesn't know my name and may have only seen FH 3 times in 5 years.

@Jennifer people on here have very strong feelings about children. they think if you don't want them at your wedding past a certain point you are a child hater lol

@Sabrina the kids would friggin be sitting AT the bar smh

• Mrs. Shanon V
    Master May 2014
    Mrs. Shanon V ·
    • Flag

Thank you thank you thank you. I really want mine to be kid free....and it's in a family backyard during the DAY! But I'm not chasing anybody's ill-behaved minion in my dress. I do have the LOOK but I'd prefer to be eyeballing my shiny new husband...

• LadyCrystal
    VIP November 2013
    LadyCrystal ·
    • Flag

@Celia Milton LOL I can only imagine how many times you've seen child-related wedding disasters.

@Loren A futr J Exactly. Why would you take your child to a place that is not child friendly? That means you put the responsibility on me to entertain your kid that I didn't want there in the first place smh

• BalletShoesRachel
    VIP September 2014
    BalletShoesRachel ·
    • Flag

Woohoo! :-D

• LadyCrystal
    VIP November 2013
    LadyCrystal ·
    • Flag

@Shanon H. Exactly!!! FH was put in a situation with this same relative where he had to discipline her kids after seeing them DESTROY a restaurant. My eyes should be focused on FH and this expensive ass party that we are throwing not trying to pull a child off of the chandelier.

• LadyCrystal
    VIP November 2013
    LadyCrystal ·
    • Flag

@BalletShoesRachel between asking me when I'm going to have babies of my own and if your kids can come, I'm worn out lol

• Linda
    Devoted February 2014
    Linda ·
    • Flag

"Get a hotel room and practice making the next baby" LOOLLLL! Seriously, couples that have and bring their children to weddings should really take this advice. It's the perfect opportunity to have alone mommy/daddy time to be able to enjoy themselves without their children.

• BalletShoesRachel
    VIP September 2014
    BalletShoesRachel ·
    • Flag

"My eyes should be focused on FH and this expensive ass party that we are throwing not trying to pull a child off of the chandelier."

I probably just snorted toothpaste up my nose.

Seriously. You and I are clones. It's kinda weird. :-P

Also, seriously. If ONE MORE person harasses me about makin' chillins...... >.<

• LadyCrystal
    VIP November 2013
    LadyCrystal ·
    • Flag

Exactly @Linda take one night and focus on having a good time with your hubby. Your children will appreciate you more if they know that you and daddy have a happy date night.

• LadyCrystal
    VIP November 2013
    LadyCrystal ·
    • Flag

@BalletShoesRachel are you my long lost sister? I have had 3 people tell me they are pregnant in the past 2 weeks. They need to keep that baby makin' juju away from me until after the wedding LOL

• Celia Milton
    December 2019
    Celia Milton ·
    • Flag

Sometimes they are cute, sometimes they are evil, but it's not a kid party. It's too long, too formal, too boring (for them). For every 5 minute stretch of adorable flower petal throwing flower girl toddlers I've seen hours of crying, whirling dervishes.

If they're the bride and grooms (or brides' or grooms') kids, then it makes perfect sense, but when you become a parent, you give some stuff up. One of those things is the freedom to go anywhere you want at any time without a care in the world, expecting any given environment, no matter how special it is to someone else, to moph around the spontaneous moods of your children. Key phrase; they're YOUR children. And unless the couple wants them there, they should stay home.

• LadyCrystal
    VIP November 2013
    LadyCrystal ·
    • Flag

@Celia Milton my 2 flower girls are 5 & 7. My wedding is timed at under 15 minutes. I know they will get restless after 15 minutes. I also know that chances are their Dad (who is one of the Best Men) will have to leave early to get them home. I was tempted to invite his mom just so she could watch them back at the hotel after dinner & he & his wife can enjoy themselves for the rest of the night.

• LadyCrystal
    VIP November 2013
    LadyCrystal ·
    • Flag

BTW the 7 year old flower girl is a little thug.

The 7 year old wrote me a note saying "Auntie, there can only be 1 flower girl......" 0_o

• MrsO
    Master May 2012
    MrsO ·
    • Flag

You really love the word expletive Smiley tongue

Comment on this discussion