MrsCohen
Master July 2017

KWR: Day of Breakfast for BM

MrsCohen, on June 15, 2017 at 10:35 AM Posted in Community Conversations 0 24
Saved Save

Hi all! So I'm 30 days out and in the nitty gritty of day of details. One thing I'm trying to figure out is breakfast day of for myself and my BMs. I will be paying for their breakfast as it is my treat to them. But I'm not sure I will have enough to be considered a lasting breakfast. Here's some day of details:

-Ceremony starts at 1pm

-Hair and Makeup are coming at 10 (may be earlier, I need to talk to makeup artists)

-There will be 4 girls including myself

I also wanted to get enough to offer some to my hair and makeup girls since they are traveling to the hotel for us.

Here's what I've planned so far:

-a dozen Panera bagels and cream cheese

-Fruit salad

-Juice and Water to drink

Should I include anything else? What would you add to this day of breakfast menu?

24 Comments

• EM
    Master April 2017
    EM ·
    • Flag

Some might prefer a sweet pastry too but since your ceremony is so early I wouldn't go too crazy. What you listed sounds fine.

• WW User
    VIP October 2017
    WW User ·
    • Flag

Champagne is missing. Smiley laugh

ETA: but on a serious note - I would not want something as heavy as a bagel and cream cheese before a wedding (plus gluten/dairy intolerance, sensitive gut), and just fruit won't stave off hunger. Maybe you could think about also doing yogurt, or cheese and crackers, or granola bars?

• MrsCohen
    Master July 2017
    MrsCohen ·
    • Flag

Good point A! I'm not a champagne drinker myself but I'll poll my girls and see if they like it and want it Smiley smile

ETA: I was debating the granola bars and thought they might be a good idea. I think that and yogurt would be good additions!

• MrsCohen
    Master July 2017
    MrsCohen ·
    • Flag

This is why I ask, because I'm not a coffee drinker lol so I overlook the coffee aspect.

• Amber
    Devoted April 2019
    Amber ·
    • Flag

I like your idea! Although I looove me some bagels, they seem a bit heavy.

Maybe a variety pack or two of mini muffins, fruit salad is great and I'm a sucker for quiche. You could get a pack of mini quiche, make em before and bring them or order from somewhere.

• MrsCohen
    Master July 2017
    MrsCohen ·
    • Flag

@Amber mini quiches are on our menu later in the day so I don't think I want to have those day of, plus I can't get delivery to the hotel early enough in the day for breakfast. But I like the idea of mini muffins!

• C&N
    Super October 2017
    C&N ·
    • Flag

Maybe some cheese and crackers, yogurt, a few more snacky options?

• MrsB
    VIP June 2017
    MrsB ·
    • Flag

We had croissants, fruit, and mimosas/orange juice, plus we made a Starbucks run. I contemplated bagels, but decided they would be too heavy. I had one croissant, a ton of cherries, a huge mimosa (my MOH made it for me in a coffee cup!), and my iced coffee. I wished I'd had something with more protein.

Our ceremony was at 5:00, so we also made a Subway run for lunch.

• WorthTheWait
    Devoted December 2018
    WorthTheWait ·
    • Flag

Where's the coffee??? I'd have to have that!

• MrsPope
    Master September 2015
    MrsPope ·
    • Flag

We did Panera also. I would include small subs, or half sandwiches with that. Something a little heavier than bagels and cream cheese.

• Jo
    WeddingWire Administrator May 2015
    Jo ·
    • Flag

How about having some granola bars and clif bars on hand so the girls can grab and go if they need something extra? I could see sitting down to eat some fruit and a bagel as soon as I got up, but I might want something small later as it got closer to leaving time. Clif bars are really filling and not messy at all.

ETA I might be overly mother hen-ing it, but what about some gatoraids/poweraids? It will be important to stay hydrated and electrolytes are always good!

• MrsCohen
    Master July 2017
    MrsCohen ·
    • Flag

Someone had suggested granola bars and I plan to add those to the options I have. I have to go day of to the local grocery store because I'm staying in my bridal suite night before and don't have a big enough fridge for storage.

• BlueHenBride
    Master March 2017
    BlueHenBride ·
    • Flag

I'd be completely happy with bagels and cream cheese and some coffee! But the ideas to throw in a few more options that the ladies can pick at through the morning, as well as alternatives for those that may not like bagels or are GF are good ideas too (yogurt, alternative pastries, cheese and crackers, granola bars). You could always ask your BMs if they like the idea of bagels and cream cheese, or if any of them really would prefer something different, like muffins, donuts, or coffee cake, and adjust based on their answers.

• MrsCohen
    Master July 2017
    MrsCohen ·
    • Flag

I have already asked and all of them want bagels. Luckily I only have 3 girls and no one is gluten free. We're all panera freaks. I'll be adding yogurt and granola bars as options to have day of.

• AK
    VIP July 2017
    AK ·
    • Flag

Coffee for sure! Maybe an option with more protein. Does Panera have breakfast sandwiches or something of the sort?

• MrsCohen
    Master July 2017
    MrsCohen ·
    • Flag

They might...I'll consider looking into it.

• WW User
    VIP October 2017
    WW User ·
    • Flag

I could so go for one of those cinnamon Panera bagels right now.

• MrsCohen
    Master July 2017
    MrsCohen ·
    • Flag

My BFF and I LOVE the chocolate chip ones!

• Vanessa
    Super November 2017
    Vanessa ·
    • Flag

Sounds good but I agree with PP.. maybe add a protein.

• Melissa
    Expert September 2017
    Melissa ·
    • Flag

Muffins? Maybe a few sandwiches/wraps?

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics