We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Maren
Champion October 2021

It's a Date!

Maren, on July 10, 2018 at 10:59 AM

Posted in Planning 93

What is the significance behind your wedding date? Whether an anniversary, holiday, birthday, or another occasion, we want to know why your wedding date is so special to you and your fiancé! Freas Photography Kate + Bee Photography Yet to set your wedding date? Check out these articles for some...

What is the significance behind your wedding date? Whether an anniversary, holiday, birthday, or another occasion, we want to know why your wedding date is so special to you and your fiancé!

Freas Photography cfb_994842.jpgKate + Bee Photographycfb_994844.jpg

Yet to set your wedding date? Check out these articles for some helpful advice:

9 Things to Consider To Set Your Wedding Date

The Wedding Dates To Avoid

Save Money By Picking The Right Wedding Date

More about the big date: Do you have a famous date twin?

93 Comments

• A
    Just Said Yes November 2019
    Abby ·
    • Flag

We are getting married 11/9/19 because I only like odd numbers (lol so strange I know!!) and the number nine holds a sentimental value with my fiance and his grandfather! Not to mention I am hoping the beautiful fall leaves stick around for our pictures!

• Maren
    Champion October 2021
    Maren ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Sounds like all great reasons to me, Abby! I hope the fall leaves stick around for you too Smiley heart Are you incorporating an autumn theme or other fall decor into your wedding, to highlight the season, too?

• Maren
    Champion October 2021
    Maren ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Hi Brittany! Welcome to WeddingWire and congrats on your engagement!

Perfect timing and your late summer, outdoor wedding sounds lovely! Smiley heart

• D
    Just Said Yes March 2020
    Dessirae ·
    • Flag
    Our very first date was 12/08/2007. And for 10+ years we have celebrated our anniversary on the 8th. This year the 8th falls on a saterday and it would have been perfect for a wedding date . He surprised me by proposing in July but felt like trying to shoot for this year was too soon. So I settled for 12/07/2019 because the 8th falls on a Sunday.
  • Katie
    Savvy March 2020
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    Our anniversary date is actually March 3rd, but we decided it’s be best if we have the wedding the weekend after (March 7th). Easier for guests to attend 😊
  • R
    Just Said Yes August 2019
    Rachel ·
    • Flag
    Our wedding day is so special and has so much meaning behind it. My Fiancee and I wedding is August 17th the day of his birthday. He picked this day because quote: " He said he now has a true reason to celebrate his birthday" I truly love that we will have two celebrations instead of one💕❤
  • Virginia
    Just Said Yes October 2019
    Virginia ·
    • Flag
    So the story behind our date starts with me being the one to ask him out and him telling me no. About 3 days later I asked him out again, and again he told me no. So I gave it about two more days and then instead of asking him out again I asked him to be my friend, to get to know me before he just outright tells me no. So about a week after that his mother invited me to go take pictures with them downtown, like a sightseeing adventure thing. I said sure, at the end of that day, with him asking me questions and getting to kind of know each other he leaned over and gave me a kiss the very next day he invited me out on a date October 13th is the day of that kiss.
  • Melissa
    VIP October 2018
    Melissa ·
    • Flag

10.19.18 - absolutely no sentimental significance lol. We knew we wanted fall, and October has had some great weather the last few years over here. 10.19 was the date that both venues had available. And with it being before Sweetest Day, we weren't paying a premium for our florist or bakery for that weekend Smiley winking

• Maren
    Champion October 2021
    Maren ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Hi Melissa! Sounds like all great reasons to pick your special date to me! Smiley heart

• Ashley
    Expert October 2020
    Ashley ·
    • Flag

October 17th 2020! We first started dating (unofficially) the 13th, and we both love fall. Just works. Smiley love

• Maren
    Champion October 2021
    Maren ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That's great, Ashley! Fall is such a beautiful season! Smiley heart Will you be incorporating a theme or decor for the season in your wedding decor?

• Laura
    Rockstar October 2019
    Laura ·
    • Flag

October 19, 2019. We both want a fall wedding, and that date would have been my beloved grandmother's 100th birthday. It's my way of having her there with me

• Maren
    Champion October 2021
    Maren ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Hi Laura! I love the meaningful, sentiment behind your wedding day, honoring your grandmother! Smiley heart

Comment on this discussion