Belle
VIP August 2022

How much does your fresh bouquet cost you?

Belle, on July 1, 2020 at 1:11 AM Posted in Style and Décor 1 44
Saved
I quoted 3 bouquet different bouquets.

1 was “rejected” because peonies are seasonal. So, that’s out.

Then number 2 (I drawn bellow) was wayyy too expensive. Sit down and take a deep breath..... IT’S FREAKING $600!!!!How much does your fresh bouquet cost you? 1
This is my nr 3 bouquet I request a quote:How much does your fresh bouquet cost you? 2It is $375 and $45 for each matching boutonnière. Is that quote reasonable?
Thank you

44 Comments

Latest activity by Tara, on July 9, 2020 at 3:50 PM
  • Jana
    Master October 2022
    Jana ·
    • Flag

Price depends largely on where you are located. Major cities will be more costly than small towns, regardless if flowers are in season or not.

$375 for just the bouquet seems really expensive. Have you gotten quotes from a number of florists or just one?

• Monique
    Master December 2019
    Monique ·
    • Flag
    If you love peonies are you set on real flowers? I loved Dahlias and they were not in season for my December wedding. I chose to go with silk flowers and custom designed my bouquet. I’m happy to provide a picture if you want to see it.
  • Chelsea
    Dedicated December 2020
    Chelsea ·
    • Flag
    That sounds so expensive!!
  • VIP August 2020
    ·
    • Flag
    It depends on where you are, but I'm in a pretty expensive area, your 3rd bouquet is fairly similar to mine, and mine is going to be $225. I think mine's going to be a bit smaller than that, but still... $375 seems high to me. For the boutonieres, I don't know what you mean by, "matching," but ours will have Scottish thistle (the weird blue fuzzy ones in that image), seeded eucalyptus leaves, and hypermobil berries and cost, I think, $15 each. I'm sure there are more expensive ways to match boutonieres to that bouquet, but $45 also seems high.
  • Hanna
    VIP June 2019
    Hanna ·
    • Flag

My bridal bouquet had tons of peonies and was $250, but my wedding was in June so I suppose that's closer to peonies season. $375 for just the bridal bouquet seems a bit excessive. I'd try to get some other quotes from different florists

• Belle
    VIP August 2022
    Belle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It’s for Hawaii this August. I got quotes from 4 different florist. The one from my venue is only more expensive by $25-ish, but I feel like it’s a piece of mind ordering through them to avoid disappointing quality, late arrival, or any other problems since I read a few negative reviews on other florist. I can’t have the bouquet arrive late because we are going to be picked up on time from the hotel and drive about 40 minutes away.
  • Belle
    VIP August 2022
    Belle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes. I am set on real flowers. Not only I prefer real ones, but my family has their own believes on flowers.
  • Belle
    VIP August 2022
    Belle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Everything seems to be expensive in Hawaii! It’s not the 1st time we visited Hawaii, but wedding stuff drives me crazy. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Belle
    VIP August 2022
    Belle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I can’t find anything lower than $350 for this one. All quoted me similar total amount, because I have to include delivery cost if it’s not through my venue 😣

By matching I meant using the same floral as in my bouquet, which is eucalyptus leaves and blush rose. The cheapest boutonnière quoted for me was $28, but that florist quoted my bouquet for $480, which is more expensive in total. Even if I ordered the 2 boutonnières with them, the delivery cost is still high at $45. It’s just 😩
  • Belle
    VIP August 2022
    Belle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I did, but maybe I have to ask for other florist.
  • Gen
    Champion June 2019
    Gen ·
    • Flag
    How much does your fresh bouquet cost you? 3I paid $70 for mine but it was very simple

• Belle
    VIP August 2022
    Belle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yours looks like my 1st quote with a couple peonies. All kind of bouquet starts with $155, and it’s tiny and none of them are very simple yet not appealing to me at all. An custom design quickly jump into a minimum of $295 for a small simple floral.

Waiting for 23 years for this wedding I want more than a simple dress, cake, venue, and bouquet. I get to do this just once. I am just frustrated how expensive things are over there.
  • Mrs.a
    Master October 2021
    Mrs.a ·
    • Flag

Mine is around $170 but that’s because I’m doing mostly greenery (ferns, eucalyptus, berries, etc.) and no blooms.

• Lena
    Devoted May 2021
    Lena ·
    • Flag

Mine will be white peonies and roses and its $300 ( I don't want a lot of greenery) and about $100 for maid of honor.

• VIP August 2020
    ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I didn't realize you were getting married in Hawaii. I really love the bouquet you posted (I'm basically getting that but with some coral roses and ranunculus), but would you consider using flowers that are actually grown in Hawaii? Getting something that's locally grown might save you quite a bit of money.
  • Taran
    Expert September 2020
    Taran ·
    • Flag

I was surprised at how expensive flowers truly are. When we met with my florist to discuss everything the total was roughly $1300. That's for my bouquet, moh bouquet, FH boutonniere, boutonniere for best man, my dad, fh dad, and fh step dad, corsage for my mom, fh mom, and fh step mom, centerpieces (terrarium with greenery), cake flowers, and flowers for our arbor. I knew flowers were expensive because of my sister's wedding, but I thought since we weren't having a big bridal party we'd come in lower.

• Gen
    Champion June 2019
    Gen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That’s crazy! Have you tried a different florist? Where are you located? I live in New Jersey which is notoriously one of the most expensive places
  • Chelsea G
    Devoted June 2021
    Chelsea G ·
    • Flag
    With Hawaii that sounds about right for the cost. Hawaii is expensive. We looked into it for an elopement package once covid hit and it would’ve cost more than half of our actual wedding! My bouquet is cascading with sunflowers, roses and greenery which costs $225 with BM ones costing $95. I am in Boston.
  • MOB So Cal
    January 2019
    MOB So Cal ·
    • Flag

Daughter's bouquet was $150 (in So Cal, so a high-cost area, but not as bad as Hawaii). It looks like it has more flowers, but less greenery than your 3rd option. Large Garden Roses can give you the look of Peonies. Good luck!

How much does your fresh bouquet cost you? 4

• Chrysta
    Master November 2022
    Chrysta ·
    • Flag
    Like others have said, I think floral prices depend largely on your area and the type of flowers you are requesting. Based on those two items, they can fluctuate immensely! I am having a large, lush bouquet and it is costing $315 (in New Orleans).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics