Belle
VIP August 2022

How much does your fresh bouquet cost you?

Belle, on July 1, 2020 at 1:11 AM

Posted in Style and Décor 44

I quoted 3 bouquet different bouquets. 1 was “rejected” because peonies are seasonal. So, that’s out. Then number 2 (I drawn bellow) was wayyy too expensive. Sit down and take a deep breath..... IT’S FREAKING $600!!!! This is my nr 3 bouquet I request a quote:It is $375 and $45 for each matching...
I quoted 3 bouquet different bouquets.

1 was “rejected” because peonies are seasonal. So, that’s out.

Then number 2 (I drawn bellow) was wayyy too expensive. Sit down and take a deep breath..... IT’S FREAKING $600!!!!cfb_1404957.jpg
This is my nr 3 bouquet I request a quote:cfb_1404959.jpgIt is $375 and $45 for each matching boutonnière. Is that quote reasonable?
Thank you

44 Comments

• Belle
    VIP August 2022
    Belle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I did consider using local floral, but it is either not my liking or not cheaper. I thought they grow their own orchid for example, but nope! 2 Florists revealed me that their flowers are imported from south of LA! I would never thought of that. If it’s a common flower such as roses, it would be cheaper, but if it’s something not used much it would be way more expensive because they have to import them in bulk. They can’t just order a few 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Belle
    VIP August 2022
    Belle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It would be for Hawaii. They mostly import their flowers, and everything extra out of the package are very expensive.
  • Julie
    VIP February 2020
    Julie ·
    • Flag
    Mine was 375. 125 for bridesmaids, 30 for bouts. While my wedding wasn't in Hawaii, it was in February when everything is dead and therefore had to be imported. I think considering where you are, 375 might not be that bad. I'm frankly shocked that the Orchid one was $600, as I thought they were native to Hawaii, but shows you how wrong I am, lol. Orchids are one of if not the most expensive flowers you can get, though.
  • M
    VIP January 2019
    Maggie ·
    • Flag

Like everyone else said, this will vary wildly based on location and flower choice. I don't think it matters if any of us think the quote is "reasonable" or not, if that's the quote you are getting in your location, that's the going rate. Hawaii is more expensive than many other places for A LOT of things (groceries, restaurants, gas, etc.), so I wouldn't assume that florists would be cheap.

I think your best strategy is to ask a couple local florists what flowers are available that aren't flown in AND what is their least expensive arrangement. The locals will be your best bet for reasonable prices, but you will probably need to be flexible on flower choice and style.

• Gen
    Champion June 2019
    Gen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh yep I would imagine that’s probably the one place that’s more expensive! Makes sense now.
  • Belle
    VIP August 2022
    Belle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Let me check yours on your album after commenting this, but yes, import makes it expensive. On my bouquet nr 2, there is not much orchid 2-4 stems, and I saw this kind of orchid in costco as a plant before and per plant has 1 stem (about 7 flowering orchids), times 3 makes it about $60.... The monstera leaves are not expensive at all, the lilies I saw here in.l a pot was $40 with many of them blooming, other than that I think the total material is about $150-200! 😔
  • Hanna
    VIP June 2019
    Hanna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I didn't realize your wedding was in Hawaii! I would say that $375 for a bouquet with peonies in Hawaii (where they are not locally grown) is actually not excessive, but a very good deal. Sorry I don't have any more advice

• Julie
    VIP February 2020
    Julie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I'll see if I can find a picture on my laptop to post. I don't have any of my bouquets I don't think.
  • M
    VIP January 2019
    Maggie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That's so great you could source the materials for $200! Putting your bouquet together yourself definitely seems like the way to go here.

• Julie
    VIP February 2020
    Julie ·
    • Flag

Here we go, closeup of my bouquet, and then my BP (brother as Man of Honor) with our bouquets and bout.

Hope this helps a bit!

How much does your fresh bouquet cost you? 1

How much does your fresh bouquet cost you? 2

• Belle
    VIP August 2022
    Belle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Wow... that’s gorgeous, Julie!
  • Kayse
    Expert December 2020
    Kayse ·
    • Flag

I got a gorgeous bouquet for my bridal photo shoot for $100, but I"m in Kentucky which is pretty low-cost.

• Belle
    VIP August 2022
    Belle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That’s nice! My bridesmaids simple baby’s breath bouquet is quoted $185 each. I will buy them a single stemmed flower instead. It’s crazy.
  • Belle
    VIP August 2022
    Belle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Well, I can’t risk making it myself, since I am inexperienced with making bouquet and the hassle to drive around and search the floral pieces. We will arrive a day before and on the wedding day our schedule is packed. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Julie
    VIP February 2020
    Julie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yours will be too! You can always say you want something like your inspiration pictures, but less full. Pinterest uses examples of what florists have as their most expensive bouquet. But some of the pps showed beautiful bouquets that were less expensive and simpler. That might help shave the cost?
  • Julie
    VIP February 2020
    Julie ·
    • Flag
    And 180 for baby's breath is insane. INSANE. It's pretty hardy though, so you might be able to buy some at the grocery store on the way to the airport, and if you wrap the stems in damp paper towel, they'll probably be fine by the time your plane lands. Might be annoying to stash in your carry-on, but I'm just tossing out ideas
  • Belle
    VIP August 2022
    Belle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We will drive to grocery store and buy flowers for my 2 bridesmaids. At least I saved $180 x 2. And for my younger son I will make a lollipop boutonnière
  • Julie
    VIP February 2020
    Julie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Cute! You got it all figured out!
  • M
    VIP January 2019
    Maggie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Ah, that makes sense. It's definitely worth it to pay for a pro to make it then.

• Chelsea
    Dedicated December 2020
    Chelsea ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I think you can find something really beautiful under $200. Mine is a little more simple and was quoted $150. My cousins was $170 and absolutely gorgeous!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics