Molly
Super October 2020

How much does wedding photography cost?

Molly, on May 2, 2019 at 9:41 AM

Posted in Planning 160

So I just want to know what the average price is for a photographer. I know certain areas are cheeper than others. Also I would like to know how much you are paying / willing to pay for one.
So I just want to know what the average price is for a photographer. I know certain areas are cheeper than others. Also I would like to know how much you are paying / willing to pay for one.

160 Comments

• Jessica
    Expert October 2019
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    Live in Texas. We're paying $1850 for 8 hours, 2 photographers. Unlimited online gallery and a thumb drive with all photos.
  • Nemo
    Master August 2018
    Nemo ·
    • Flag

We paid $3,500 for 8 hours, 2 shooters, and printing rights to the photos. We're in Kansas City.

• darcy
    Devoted June 2019
    darcy ·
    • Flag

I live in Northern Virginia. We are paying 1k for an engagement session, all day coveragee of our wedding, all photos and at least 300 edited images and an album. I feel like I got a great deal for our area. Most photographers I looked into were 1500 and up and that was only for 4-6 hours of coverage.

• Corrinne
    Beginner November 2019
    Corrinne ·
    • Flag
    I've been looking everywhere and the prices seem to range from ****. I know that doesn't help much, but I haven't seen any under 1000.
  • Meghan
    Master October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag

$2,000 for 6 hours, 2 shooters, and engagement photos.

• Jazmine
    Dedicated September 2020
    Jazmine ·
    • Flag

We are paying $2200 for 8 hours, two photographers, an engagement session, digital photos and a photobook.

• Jennifer
    Savvy September 2020
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

$3200 gets us unlimited day coverage of 2 shooters, 500 digital files, an online gallery, a custom guest book and album, a custom canvas print and engagement session. It's my dream photographer and we've budgeted specifically for him Smiley smile

• Lixa
    Savvy June 2019
    Lixa ·
    • Flag
    Our photographer is a childhood friend of my fiancee so he charge family and friends $600 and that's what we paying
  • bethf
    Devoted August 2019
    bethf ·
    • Flag

$1250 - 8 hrs - 2nd shooter, our engagement photos were done by a family photographer Smiley smile

Haggle until your nose bleeds, you can get what you want Smiley smile

• Jess
    Super September 2019
    Jess ·
    • Flag

My dad was nice enough to pay for our photographer. For the entire day, 2 photographers, a wedding book, and online access to all photos he is paying $2500.00. This is in Upstate NY and our photographers are the owners of our venue so they know the best places for photos which is great!

• Mrs. S
    Master November 2019
    Mrs. S ·
    • Flag
    Mine is $2246 for 7 hours
  • Amelia
    Dedicated March 2021
    Amelia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Where in Northern Virginia are you? I am as well and the prices I've been quoted and insane! Who is your photographer??

• Amanda
    Dedicated June 2019
    Amanda ·
    • Flag

We are paying $2300 for 8 hours, two photographers, and engagement photos. We also get all rights to photos. We got pretty lucky. We booked our photographer a year ago. Since booking she has gone to full-time professional. Since booking, her prices have gone up and she is gaining popularity.

• Ashley
    Devoted October 2020
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Wow! What is the name of your company? We got quoted over $4k for that stuff
  • Brianna
    Beginner April 2020
    Brianna ·
    • Flag

I was really shocked with how much photographer was on Long Island and not to mention I really wanted the videography too. Average pricing for 10 hours was about 7k-9k but we were able to find a great company for $5,500 for photo and video, this includes 10hours plus a wedding album. It was more than I wanted to spend but we figured(and hope) it would be worth it!

• C
    Devoted September 2019
    Caitlyn ·
    • Flag

We are paying $2500 (added an extra $100 for a second engagement shoot) and that includes one engagement session, 8 hours of coverage on wedding day with a second shooter.

• Miranda
    Savvy August 2019
    Miranda ·
    • Flag

We are paying $1500, for 1 photographer and 6 shooting hours.

• darcy
    Devoted June 2019
    darcy ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yes prices up here are crazy! I'm getting married in Manassas, live in Gainesville. Her company name is "Images by Geneva". I found her on Facebook one night while frantically searching for a photographer that was available in June and not 4k. lol.

I met her last weekend and I'm SO pleased. She is so professional and has this like calming way about her. I'll need that on my big day.

• Vicky
    Devoted June 2019
    Vicky ·
    • Flag
    We are paying $2,300 for 12hrs for 2 photographers on our wedding day.
  • thisismrsb
    Expert June 2019
    thisismrsb ·
    • Flag
    The package we chose costs $4,000.Includes: * 2 photographers * Up to 10 hours of photography (+$250 for each additional hour) * High-resolution photos on flash drives * Photos posted on an online gallery for three months * One 12”x12” 40-page, 100-photo wedding album
    FH purchased our engagement session separately for $300 as a Valentine's gift.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics