Molly
Super October 2020

How much does wedding photography cost?

Molly, on May 2, 2019 at 9:41 AM

Posted in Planning 160

So I just want to know what the average price is for a photographer. I know certain areas are cheeper than others. Also I would like to know how much you are paying / willing to pay for one.
So I just want to know what the average price is for a photographer. I know certain areas are cheeper than others. Also I would like to know how much you are paying / willing to pay for one.

160 Comments

• Veronica
    Expert June 2021
    Veronica ·
    • Flag
    I’m in norther CA and we are paying $1,750 for 8 hours of coverage 2 shooters full online gallery, she’s giving us 4x6 printouts and an engraved USB and we got $100 off our engagement session when we booked her 😊
  • #RMC2019
    Expert July 2019
    #RMC2019 ·
    • Flag
    Our Photographer is charging us $1200 for 8 hours, and extra photo shoot, with 3 photographers.

• Courtney
    Master December 2019
    Courtney ·
    • Flag

I'm in the Baltimore, MD area and paying $1250 for 4 hours, 1 hour engagement session, and 2 edited CDs.

• Realynn
    Expert September 2019
    Realynn ·
    • Flag
    We’re paying $3300 for 2 shooters for 12 hours. We did find cheaper prices, but I wasn’t really impressed with their portfolio
  • Realynn
    Expert September 2019
    Realynn ·
    • Flag
    Sorry I forgot to mention I’m in the SF Bay Area and I found prices as low as $1000 and as high as $5000
  • Katie
    Devoted September 2020
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Same as in California 😔
  • Iva
    Super September 2019
    Iva ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh I bet! We’re in the two most expensive areas in US 😭
  • Nichole
    Devoted August 2019
    Nichole ·
    • Flag
    $1000 that also includes a engagement shoot
  • K
    Super February 2021
    Kayla ·
    • Flag
    We are paying $1300 for all day coverage, two photographers, engagement photo session, Boudoir session, wedding album, online gallery, and USB drive with release of all printing rights. Trust me, I did very thorough research to find my photographer! And ended up finding her here on WW!
  • Amanda
    Dedicated May 2019
    Amanda ·
    • Flag
    Ours is $450 for 4 hours and all rights to pictures. She is an amazing photographer but I know her personally so I think she cut me a deal even though she hasn’t said for sure.
  • Mandi
    Master October 2020
    Mandi ·
    • Flag
    $2,200 for 2 shooters, engagement photos, downloads, print rights, and all day as long as I'd like.
    Plus she's one of the more in demand photographers in the area.
  • Katelynne
    Just Said Yes January 2021
    Katelynne ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Are you anywhere in the NY/NJ area? I'm getting quotes around $1800 for 2 shooters and I'd like to bring it down if possible lol
  • CourtneyBrittain
    Master August 2019
    CourtneyBrittain ·
    • Flag
    Dallas area of TX here, my sister is a photographer so I asked her what price we should look for and she said she can help us find one for $1000-$1500
  • Future Mrs. K
    VIP June 2019
    Future Mrs. K ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I'm in CT!

• Sherry
    Master September 2019
    Sherry ·
    • Flag

We are paying $800 for ours for 4 hours and the engagement shoot. We get all the prints in a online gallery. She is also traveling 2 hours to be at the wedding. We are located in Georgia.

• Alexa
    Savvy October 2019
    Alexa ·
    • Flag

Reading this makes me want to move out of the NYC area Smiley cry We're paying $5500 for 2 photographers for 10 hours, an album, and engagement shoot. Photography was definitely a priority, but this was actually mid-range compared to the other photographers I was looking at.

• Tara
    Master May 2020
    Tara ·
    • Flag
    It was my largest expense for my wedding at $500.
  • Christina
    Savvy June 2018
    Christina ·
    • Flag

Live in Rochester, NY. We paid $1750 for 8 hours, 2 Photographers + Engagement Session. No prints, we kept it basic. But when we looked around for around the same stuff we found price ranged from $1200-$3500

• Leah
    Dedicated September 2019
    Leah ·
    • Flag
    $4,500 for 2 photographers, 10 hours day of, engagement shoot (2hours). We get all of the edited images digitally with print release and a hard cover book of photos.
  • Tiffany
    Dedicated April 2020
    Tiffany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    The NYC and Northern NJ are prices are crazy! I was going to pay $4000 until I did some research and found someone more budget friendly.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics