Bambidancer
Savvy April 2021

How much did you spend on your wedding dress!?

Bambidancer, on July 10, 2019 at 9:27 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 1 110
Saved
I want the prefect dress but I don’t need to spend half my budget on it lol

So how much did you spend on your wedding dress (before alterations) and where did you get it from????

110 Comments

Latest activity by Alli, on February 18, 2020 at 2:31 PM
  • Kelsey
    Dedicated August 2019
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag
    I got my dress for $108 from Lulus
  • A
    Expert August 2019
    Ami ·
    • Flag
    Mine was 1695, I gave myself a 2k budget for it and didn't have any issues finding dresses in that range. Alterations were more expensive than I thought though, the shop ordered one size too big so I had to have a lot taken in as well as a hem. Just picked it up yesterday for $650.
  • Alyssa
    Devoted October 2019
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag
    My mom purchased my dress and gave me a budget of $1500. My dress was exactly that and included the veil and garter. Alterations will be about another $150 which to me isn’t bad.
  • M
    Beginner July 2020
    Madeline ·
    • Flag
    I gave myself a $2000 budget (our total budget is $20,000) and only spent about $1200 without alterations!
  • E
    Devoted July 2021
    Emily ·
    • Flag
    $1150 from Bhldn
  • CourtneyBrittain
    Master August 2019
    CourtneyBrittain ·
    • Flag

I got mine for $490 from Davids Bridal

• Stephanie
    Devoted November 2021
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag

My mom gifted me my dress and my budget was around 2K. My dress came out to $1900 and alterations will be about $550. I bought it from Lotus Bridal in NYC. I will take care of the alterations cost so I am very grateful to my mom. I love my dress!

• Mrs. S
    Master November 2019
    Mrs. S ·
    • Flag
    Mine was $900 at David’s
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag
    My dress was $2,000 from Brides but Young in Indianapolis.
  • Brooke
    Expert November 2019
    Brooke ·
    • Flag

I will admit I splurged a bit on my dress... My dress was $1,500 and veil was $350, both I got at a local bridal boutique.

BUT my original plan was to get a pre-owned wedding dress off of preownedweddingdresses.com

They had soooo many beautiful designer dresses for more than half the price! They had a variety of new/sample dresses and pre-owned, plus "pre-owned" basically means they wore it for 1 day.

• Alicia
    VIP August 2019
    Alicia ·
    • Flag

Dress: On sale for $740 from David's Bridal. (Originally around $950ish).

I got slammed with alterations though because I have a weird shaped body that nothing fits right. My alt bill was $538. Yes, almost as much as I paid for the dress. Ridiculous.

• Hannah
    Dedicated September 2019
    Hannah ·
    • Flag
    My dress and veil were $1500! There is a Boutique in KY called Twirl! My dress is a Stella York
  • Amanda
    Dedicated October 2019
    Amanda ·
    • Flag
    Mine was originally 3k but they sold me the sample for 1500. Ellies bridal boutique in Alexandria Virginia
  • Candice
    Devoted July 2020
    Candice ·
    • Flag

I got mine for $40 on Stillwhite.com

• Pirate & 60s Bride
    Legend March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag
    Original price $1,450 on my wedding dress at a bridal shop but I paid for design customizations so the total was $1,750 before taxes. Then I found my reception wedding dress at the same shop—it was discontinued at an amazing price of $99!
  • M
    Beginner February 2020
    Magpie ·
    • Flag

I'm having a friend who owns a custom sewing business make mine. I think it will end up being under $400 or so.

• Lauren
    Just Said Yes April 2020
    Lauren ·
    • Flag
    I got my dream dress off stillwhite.com for $900. It was brand new with no alterations and 50% less than the listing price of $1880.
  • Lauren
    VIP February 2020
    Lauren ·
    • Flag

We were originally planning to stay around $1,500-$2,000, but I found my dream dress for an AMAZING deal! A bride was trying to get rid of it after buying two dresses from a boutique (it was brand new with no alterations). It's a mermaid style with a ton of beading and lace on the bodice, and the skirt is covered in ruffles. It would've been around $1,500 originally, but I only paid $225! She got it from a local boutique that was going out of business.

• MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

I went to a local bridal boutique in Denver. My dress was $1,600 and alterations were $700.

• Khin
    Devoted November 2019
    Khin ·
    • Flag
    I got it from a local bridal boutique and paid $2500. Expecting around $500 in alterations.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics