Bambidancer
Savvy April 2021

How much did you spend on your wedding dress!?

Bambidancer, on July 10, 2019 at 9:27 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 1 105
Saved Save
I want the prefect dress but I don’t need to spend half my budget on it lol

So how much did you spend on your wedding dress (before alterations) and where did you get it from????

105 Comments

• Kelsey
    Dedicated August 2019
    Kelsey ·
    I got my dress for $108 from Lulus
  • A
    Devoted August 2019
    Ami ·
    Mine was 1695, I gave myself a 2k budget for it and didn't have any issues finding dresses in that range. Alterations were more expensive than I thought though, the shop ordered one size too big so I had to have a lot taken in as well as a hem. Just picked it up yesterday for $650.
  • Alyssa
    Dedicated October 2019
    Alyssa ·
    My mom purchased my dress and gave me a budget of $1500. My dress was exactly that and included the veil and garter. Alterations will be about another $150 which to me isn’t bad.
  • M
    Just Said Yes July 2020
    Madeline ·
    I gave myself a $2000 budget (our total budget is $20,000) and only spent about $1200 without alterations!
  • E
    Dedicated July 2020
    Emily ·
    $1150 from Bhldn
  • CourtneyBrittain
    VIP August 2019
    CourtneyBrittain ·

I got mine for $490 from Davids Bridal

• Stephanie
    Devoted November 2020
    Stephanie ·

My mom gifted me my dress and my budget was around 2K. My dress came out to $1900 and alterations will be about $550. I bought it from Lotus Bridal in NYC. I will take care of the alterations cost so I am very grateful to my mom. I love my dress!

• Peggy
    Master November 2019
    Peggy ·
    Mine was $900 at David’s
  • Caytlyn
    Champion November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    My dress was $2,000 from Brides but Young in Indianapolis.
  • Brooke
    Expert November 2019
    Brooke ·

I will admit I splurged a bit on my dress... My dress was $1,500 and veil was $350, both I got at a local bridal boutique.

BUT my original plan was to get a pre-owned wedding dress off of preownedweddingdresses.com

They had soooo many beautiful designer dresses for more than half the price! They had a variety of new/sample dresses and pre-owned, plus "pre-owned" basically means they wore it for 1 day.

• Alicia
    Rockstar August 2019
    Alicia ·

Dress: On sale for $740 from David's Bridal. (Originally around $950ish).

I got slammed with alterations though because I have a weird shaped body that nothing fits right. My alt bill was $538. Yes, almost as much as I paid for the dress. Ridiculous.

• Hannah
    Dedicated September 2019
    Hannah ·
    My dress and veil were $1500! There is a Boutique in KY called Twirl! My dress is a Stella York
  • AMANDA
    Dedicated October 2019
    AMANDA ·
    Mine was originally 3k but they sold me the sample for 1500. Ellies bridal boutique in Alexandria Virginia
  • Candice
    Devoted July 2020
    Candice ·

I got mine for $40 on Stillwhite.com

• Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    Original price $1,450 on my wedding dress at a bridal shop but I paid for design customizations so the total was $1,750 before taxes. Then I found my reception wedding dress at the same shop—it was discontinued at an amazing price of $99!
  • M
    Beginner February 2020
    Magpie ·

I'm having a friend who owns a custom sewing business make mine. I think it will end up being under $400 or so.

• Lauren
    Just Said Yes April 2020
    Lauren ·
    I got my dream dress off stillwhite.com for $900. It was brand new with no alterations and 50% less than the listing price of $1880.
  • Lauren
    Super February 2020
    Lauren Online ·

We were originally planning to stay around $1,500-$2,000, but I found my dream dress for an AMAZING deal! A bride was trying to get rid of it after buying two dresses from a boutique (it was brand new with no alterations). It's a mermaid style with a ton of beading and lace on the bodice, and the skirt is covered in ruffles. It would've been around $1,500 originally, but I only paid $225! She got it from a local boutique that was going out of business.

• FutureMrsD
    Rockstar July 2019
    FutureMrsD ·

I went to a local bridal boutique in Denver. My dress was $1,600 and alterations were $700.

• Khin
    Devoted November 2019
    Khin ·
    I got it from a local bridal boutique and paid $2500. Expecting around $500 in alterations.

Comment on this discussion