Rebecca
Master October 2025

How long have you known your maid (or matron) of honor?

Rebecca, on February 13, 2019 at 9:05 AM Posted in Family and Relationships 0 56
Saved Save

Do you and your maid of honor go way back? Is your maid of honor an old friend or a family member? How long ago did you meet your maid (or matron) of honor?

How long have you known your maid (or matron) of honor? 1

Photo from The Club at UK's Spindletop Hall in Lexington, KY

Spill the details about your wedding party in these community discussions: Wedding Party Proposals - How did you ask your wedding party?, Are you including your siblings in your wedding party?, & Are you including your future in-laws in the wedding party?

56 Comments

• Caytlyn
    Champion November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    Since about 19 years ago when she was born
  • Melissa
    VIP October 2018
    Melissa ·

Well she was born just shy of 4 years after I was, so....basically my entire life!

• Saraí
    April 2019
    Saraí ·

My best friend from HS, 6 years and counting

• Peggy
    Master November 2019
    Peggy ·
    10 years. She isn’t my longest friend but she is my closest.
  • Bailey
    Super March 2019
    Bailey ·
    Maid of Honor: 4.5 years, she was my college roommate.
    Matron of Honor: Since I was born (22 years), she’s my cousin.
  • Future Mrs. H
    Rockstar September 2019
    Future Mrs. H ·

My MOH is my (soon-to-be) 19 y.o. cousin, so I've known her her entire life, lol.

• Nikita
    Rockstar April 2019
    Nikita ·

I've known her about 13 years now, and she's been one of my favorite people for about 11 of them.

• Amanda
    VIP December 2020
    Amanda ·
    My MOH and I have known eachother for about 10 years! I first became friends with her sister (my age, a bridesmaid) and then we stopped and became friends with my MOH (2 years older than I) and back and forth a couple times during middle school and high school, then finally they became old enough to be sister friends so I became friends with both of them for good (get along more with MOH (obviously)) sometime in high school! Been friends since so at least 4 years straight
  • Angerra
    VIP August 2019
    Angerra ·
    Since I was born lol. My MOH is my god-sister; she's 2 years older than me. My mom and her mom (my godmother) have been friends since high school so there was no way that we weren't going to be friends.
    I love her so much!
  • Clara
    Dedicated August 2019
    Clara ·

Mine is my cousin! I've known her since she was born so getting close to 30 years now. She's basically my sister and I can't imagine not having her there! I was MOH at her wedding too.

• W
    Dedicated October 2019
    WeddingBliss ·
    Mine is my best friend of 25+ years. I’m the god mom of her son & we talk/text everyday. I was originally going to have both a maid of honor & a matron of honor - but she never got to experience being a solo MOH before & really wanted to. So I made the decision to have 1x MOH.
  • W
    Dedicated October 2019
    WeddingBliss ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Love that!
    My grandmom was my godmom god mother.
    My godmom & mom grew up as best friends.
    My grandmother god daughter is her granddaughter’s god mother - who is me .
  • Rebecca
    Master October 2025
    Rebecca ·
    View Quoted Comment

Aw that's awesome, WeddingBliss! I'm sure she is excited to be your MOH!

• Rebecca
    Master October 2025
    Rebecca ·
    View Quoted Comment

So sweet! How old were you two when you met?

• Nikita
    Rockstar April 2019
    Nikita ·
    View Quoted Comment

17 years old. We met in undergrad.

• Jen
    Super May 2018
    Jen ·

Almost 29 (28 at the time of our wedding) years. My MOH was my sister so I've known her since she was born.

• Rebecca
    Master October 2025
    Rebecca ·
    View Quoted Comment

So sweet I hope to have my undergraduate BFFs in my wedding party too!

• Cassie
    Dedicated November 2020
    Cassie ·

I have known my MOH for my entire life! She is my cousin but we grew up like sisters!!!!

• Nemo
    VIP August 2018
    Nemo ·

I had two maid's of honor! I met one in 2009 (best friend from high school) and the other in 2012 (best friend from college), but we didn't become friends until 2013. So 9 years (at the time of the wedding) for one and 5/6 years (at the time of the wedding) for the other!

• Ashlee
    Dedicated April 2020
    Ashlee ·
    My Matron of Honor (she hates when i call her that... she thinks it makes her sound old lol) I've known for going on 33 years... since she was born!! My little sister

Comment on this discussion