We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Angel
Dedicated July 2018

$$$ Haha

Angel, on June 28, 2018 at 8:30 PM Posted in Planning 0 55
Saved Save

I just had to laugh because at the beginning of wedding planning, we thought we would spend $4,000-5,000 MAX with 70 guests... Now we are at 120 guests and $11,700 ($14,000 if honeymoon included) spent so far. It is funny how as you wedding plan things get more expensive and new ideas form. 13 DAYS until I do and I can't wait for it to be over with so we can go on our Honeymoon!

55 Comments

• c
    Super May 2019
    c ·
    • Flag
    We are now at $10,000 with 83 people. Lol. Original plan was $7500
  • DaisyVenture
    Dedicated October 2018
    DaisyVenture ·
    • Flag
    Yes I feel that’s very common. When we first started planning my fiancé swore we wouldn’t spend more than 10k and we are now at 17k for 120 guest without your honeymoon. We plan to save for a year for our honeymoon due to the extra 7k we are spending. Where are you going on your honeymoon!? Best wishes Smiley smile
  • Emily
    Dedicated November 2018
    Emily ·
    • Flag
    $5000 so far before honeymoon but I see it creeping up to $6-7000 🤷‍♀️
  • A
    Expert April 2019
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    My FH and I were only planning on doing a small backyard wedding for family only. That changed quick. Went and got he venue and had 80 guests. Now we’re up to 120 and our budget is at 8k lol. We only wanted to spend 4K. And we’re not done yet.
  • Time2Shine
    Devoted September 2019
    Time2Shine ·
    • Flag
    We planned to elope in Vegas, now we are at 110 guests and $10000 budget lol.
  • Sara P.
    VIP October 2018
    Sara P. ·
    • Flag
    We thought we were going to have 100 people for $10k! Ha!
  • Valerie
    Devoted September 2018
    Valerie ·
    • Flag
    I really had no idea how much everything cost in the beginning pre planning. We are about 15k over what I initially thought it would cost 🤣
  • Ashley
    Devoted November 2018
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    I hear ya.. totally thought I could do a wedding for $5k...$20k later I am wore the heck out
  • A
    Dedicated May 2019
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag
    We went from having a 5k pizza party with 50 people & me renting my dress & no Dj to 75 people and close to double that . (Dress I’m fortunate enough my mother bought me $$$ 😬)
  • M
    Devoted August 2018
    Melissa ·
    • Flag
    I vividly remember telling my father that “our wedding can’t be more than 15K” so that’s all I asked for. . 35K later....yeah....

I was so naive.
  • Emilie
    Super April 2019
    Emilie ·
    • Flag
    Yep.. started with 45 guest at a $5000 budget. We are now at 90 guests and a $12000 budget. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️ oh well, we waited 15 years, why not! Lol
  • Christine
    Dedicated May 2019
    Christine ·
    • Flag
    We just started planning,our budget was $10,000.Wejust booked the caterer $12000
  • Angel
    Dedicated July 2018
    Angel ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

$35,000 later! WOW! That is a huge budget! lol It is so easy to go over!

• Shai
    VIP August 2018
    Shai ·
    • Flag
    Same here. We started out wanting 60 guests for 10k. Now were at freaking 100 guests and looking at about 13k! WTH! I’m really actually hoping for some declines. I’m ready to be done come on August.
  • K
    Savvy August 2018
    Kay ·
    • Flag
    Yessssss! Ughhh ... I can definitely relate ... I’ve just began to embrace it! I’m just looking to have a grand f’ing time at this point! LoL! #Best(MostExpensive)PartyEVER!
  • starsinwaves
    VIP November 2018
    starsinwaves ·
    • Flag
    When FH and I first discussed the wedding, and we were looking at venues that were $15-20k (including food and open bar), he thought the whole thing would never be more than $25k. Hahahahaha I knew he was crazy but we’re at $40.
  • OrangeCrush
    Super October 2017
    OrangeCrush ·
    • Flag
    We started out around $2000 but went up to about $2800, nothing compared to some of these posts, lol!!
  • Gen
    Champion June 2019
    Gen Online ·
    • Flag
    We started at 10k, now are estimating that we’re going to end up closer to 15k, not including honeymoon 😖
  • Mags
    Super July 2018
    Mags ·
    • Flag
    Budget was around 26k... getting close to 31k... sometimes I feel it is too much, other times I tell myself some people spend 50k+ in the area... So yeah... I'm going with that to feel a bit better about it!
  • K
    Devoted October 2018
    Kimberly ·
    • Flag
    We went over board on the honeymoon. It is at 12k now. Pretty much the same as what we are putting into the wedding but we are like hey we can afford it and the honeymoon is almost 3 weeks.

Comment on this discussion