Kylene
VIP October 2014

Finally back for my BAM!!! **Pic heavy :) :)**

Kylene, on October 29, 2014 at 2:38 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 42
Saved Save

Hello ladies! I am back from my honeymoon and thought I'd follow up my teaser BAM from last week with my real one Enjoy!

Our wedding was absolutely PERFECT. We owe nearly ALL of that to our incredible venue staff who were on the ball from the second we arrived that morning. I kid you not, we brought in all or décor and within ten minutes it was set up and ready to go and looked PERFECT. Their front staff and behind the scenes staff were so incredibly well-trained and knew exactly where to be and what to do at all times. We barely knew they were there but every transition, change in room, scheduled event (dances, etc) were perfection. We didn't have to worry about a THING.

Our DJ was also so incredibly helpful in keeping things running smoothly and our photographers were AMAZING. We cannot wait for pro pictures.

I'm a worrier and I can honestly tell you that I didn't have a single second of stress the entire day.. I couldn't have asked for anything better! (continued)

42 Comments

• Kylene
    VIP October 2014
    Kylene ·

I guess in a BAM I’m supposed to add some advice or stories or something of the sort so I’ll do my best.

1) If you’re wearing a veil but not putting it on until the ceremony, have someone else remind you! I totally forgot. I wanted it to be a bit of a change from our first look/pics to our ceremony so I waited to put it on and then things just got so hectic that I didn’t end up using it. Didn’t miss it at all (didn’t even realize it until hours later) but if you want to avoid that, I recommend having someone in charge of making sure you get it on your head.

2) If you have kids in your party, they are unpredictable and you need to be okay with that! The entire bridal party was lined up ready to head down the aisle when my youngest niece (age 3) yelled, “I POOPING!” ... my sis about had a heart attack. Turns out she wasn’t pooping but peeing and it was streaming down her leg. We had to hold the line up (play a little extra music) while my sis flung her tights down, changed our her diaper, and whipped the tights back on. T-minus 2 minutes flat. But then my niece decided she didn’t want to walk down the aisle anymore because she was “dirty” so my bro-in-law walked my mom down the aisle, turned around and came back and sat with her in the back room. Oh kids!

3) Your guests will REALLY appreciate you taking time to spend at least 30 seconds with them. Do your best to make that happen. We decided to attend our cocktail hour in order to start seeing people and knocking people off the list. We got through nearly everyone at cocktail hour ... then dinner started, we ate, and then made rounds to the tables to say hello and thank you again. We got numerous comments thanking us for being such good hosts and working so diligently to see everyone. People really appreciated the effort even if we didn’t get any other time with them the rest of the evening.

4) If you have a corset dress, plan some time to loosen it. I started with my dress SUPER tight and hey, my waist looked fabulous. But, in the middle of dinner I started getting super uncomfortable and had a moment of “I want to get this thing OFF.” After our dances I went in the back with my mom and loosened things up a little bit and that made all the difference!!

5) Take a moment to thank your bridal party. Obviously you spend time with your bridal party prior to the ceremony but we took a few minutes after the ceremony (after signing the marriage license) to pull everyone into the back room and do a toast and a thank you. The rest of the night was a blur and the entire party won’t be together again the whole evening – so take a moment with them. Our photographers were there too and we think we’re going to get some great memorable pics. It was one of the best moments of the evening.

6) Give your photographer MORE than just your formal pic list. Think through what types of pics you want and tell your photographer! We didn’t, and we regret it. I don’t have a single picture of just me and my sister (MOH) from the day. Our photographers also didn’t get upstairs to get any pics in the grooms room because of our timing (no just groom and groomsmen hanging out pics). We didn’t notice these things the day of but are super sad now that we missed out on those photo ops. If you have a few things you want to be sure to get that day, let them know so they can look/plan for those moments.

7) To go along with photography, I’m super bummed I don’t have a lot of getting ready pics – only a few. Tell your BMs (and GMs if your FH cares) to take pictures for you! You are going to be super busy but let them know you want some pics and put them on the task of taking some. You won’t regret it!

I think that’s about it. Not a ton of serious advice, just some things that came to mind! Next is a bunch of pics for you guys. Enjoy!

Oh, and remember my super preggo sis (MOH)? We got home from our honeymoon yesterday to our new nephew! So cute!

• Kylene
    VIP October 2014
    Kylene ·

First two pics above are getting ready ... she crimped my hair! Rocked the 80s look until she covered it up and just used it for volume worked wonders!

Pics below:

1 - outside during family photos ... dad posted this on FB before the wedding. Thanks, dad.

2 - guestbook

3 - cake with DIY topper!

• Kylene
    VIP October 2014
    Kylene ·

Duplicate post.

• Kylene
    VIP October 2014
    Kylene ·

More!

1 - me giving my dad his gift before walking down the aisle.

2 - all my BMs having a toast before the ceremony.

3 - me and my BM who traveled all the way to Seattle from WV!

• Kylene
    VIP October 2014
    Kylene ·

Duplicate post.

• Kylene
    VIP October 2014
    Kylene ·

1 - first dance

2 - first dance

3 - father daughter dance

• Kylene
    VIP October 2014
    Kylene ·

Duplicate post.

• Kylene
    VIP October 2014
    Kylene ·

1 - Dancing with my new nieces!

2 - Me and one of our guests.

3 - Back from our honeymoon last night meeting our new little nephew, Nash!

• Kylene
    VIP October 2014
    Kylene ·

Duplicate post.

• Kylene
    VIP October 2014
    Kylene ·

Duplicate post.

• Elizabeth
    Super September 2014
    Elizabeth ·

Beautiful pics! I'm guessing your BM who didn't have a dress a week or so before the wedding figured it out?

• Kylene
    VIP October 2014
    Kylene ·

@Elizabeth, yes, yes she did. The Tuesday before the wedding (5 days?) her dress arrived from RTR and worked perfectly! She's the one in the glitzy gold. It turned out fantastically well. We had a bit more drama with dresses because my sis (the super preggo one) tried her dress on two days before and it didn't fit anymore! Baby had shifted and so it was now SUPER short on her. We went out all day on Friday (day before) and finally found something at 9pm that night that turned out PERFECTLY! Stressful day but all worked out well

@O&S, my dad was seriously in tears. I gave him a little copper wallet insert with a thank you and signed it "YFYD". He asked what YFYD meant and when I told him Your Favorite Youngest Daughter (what he's always called me) he about lost it. I was in tears just a moment after this pic. Such an awesome moment with him.

• MelissaC
    Master January 2015
    MelissaC ·

You look amazing! Congratulations!

• Koch Bride
    Master September 2014
    Koch Bride ·

The pooping story is beyond classic. I love it! And everything looks gorgeous!

• C + R
    Master November 2014
    C + R ·

Gorgeous Kylene!! It sounds like you had an amazing day! Congratulations =)

• Rachel
    Super August 2015
    Rachel ·

Beautiful pics and great advice. Congrats on the new nephew as well

• Candyce
    Super January 2015
    Candyce ·

Looks like you all had a great time, you look stunning! congratulations

• KimS
    Master September 2014
    KimS ·

Aww! Congratulations!! Everything looked awesome!

• WeAreOne0822
    Super August 2015
    WeAreOne0822 ·

You look amazing! So beautiful!!! Congratulations and thank you for sharing your pics!! Love your cake pic as well!

• FinallyMrsSloan
    VIP April 2015
    FinallyMrsSloan ·

Your bridesmaids look fabulous! You looked gorgeous! So glad everything went by so smoothly!

Comment on this discussion