Skip to main content
Caitlin
Expert January 2021

Dress Dilemma

Caitlin, on January 7, 2020 at 1:32 AM

Posted in Wedding Attire 137

PLEASE HELP! I am so torn between these two dresses. My wedding venue is a very modern, plain barn rather than a traditional "cabin" barn; therefore, the venue is formal rather than rustic. The flashy dress was obviously a sample dress and, therefore, did not fit correctly and we could not get it...
PLEASE HELP! I am so torn between these two dresses. My wedding venue is a very modern, plain barn rather than a traditional "cabin" barn; therefore, the venue is formal rather than rustic. The flashy dress was obviously a sample dress and, therefore, did not fit correctly and we could not get it clamped down correctly because the beading. In other words, it is pre-alterations and will fit much better when ordered in my size. The lace dress is more relaxed but, to my surprise, seemed to be everyone's favorite. I personally feel as if the flashy one is more of my dream dress and it truly gave me my bridal moment; however, surrounding people's opinions have caused me to second guess myself because the lace dress shapes me much better than the flashy dress. I know I should go with my gut but just want othed opinions on which dress is more flattering. I am seeking honest opinions on which dress is prettier on me, compliments me more (granted the photos are from very different angles), etc. I will NOT get my feelings hurt whatsoever because I truly appreciate advice. Thanks in advance 馃挄
cfb_1344665.jpg
cfb_1344667.jpg

137 Comments

• Jai
    Just Said Yes September 2020
    Jai
    • Flag
    Both are beautiful! I love the first dress
  • A
    Beginner June 2020
    Amber
    • Flag

Both dresses are exquisite and have a similar fit. The long trains are beautiful, and I can imagine either one making you look as if you're floating down the aisle while the light fabric billows behind you. Ideally, you only get married once, so you might as well make it the wedding of your dreams! Buy the dress you prefer; it's gorgeous and looks great on you.

• Jessi
    Just Said Yes April 2021
    Jessi
    • Flag
    The 2nd one looks really great on you, but the first looks restricting
  • Earazona_
    Dedicated October 2024
    Earazona_
    • Flag
    If your budget will allow it, I would say both. If not I would say number 1. 馃挅
  • T
    Just Said Yes September 2021
    Taylor
    • Flag
    I like #2 because it fits with your theme much better!
  • Margarie
    Dedicated October 2021
    Margarie
    • Flag
    The lace one actually doesn鈥檛 do more than the one you truly love. Don鈥檛 let others talk you into your dress because you鈥檒l always having a what if longing dress feeling. Go with the one that gave you the feeling and know you will look beautiful. 馃挏
  • Jameelah
    Dedicated July 2021
    Jameelah
    • Flag
    Omg! The opinions when I tried on my dresses were so overwhelming! I love the first one! They both look great on you. You have to go with the one YOU like and feel the best in. You may regret it if you choose the dress everyone else likes.
  • S
    Just Said Yes December 2020
    Sam
    • Flag
    I like the first one that needs to be altered. I think it would be out of this world!
  • Tmartita44
    Just Said Yes July 2021
    Tmartita44
    • Flag
    The 1st one! Phuck IT! #excusemyfrench
  • Emily
    Beginner October 2020
    Emily
    • Flag
    I love the second one on you. Much more of a rustic feel then the sparkly, and so so much more romantic! I love that the appliqu茅 goes all the way through the train, it lengthens your body rather than stopping it short at the bodice.
  • Kassie
    Just Said Yes September 2020
    Kassie
    • Flag
    I love the first dress on you!
  • Kerissa
    Savvy August 2022
    Kerissa
    • Flag
    You should 100000% go with the one you had your 鈥榤oment鈥 in! It鈥檚 your wedding... it鈥檚 important that you are truly happy with what you鈥檙e wearing. Plus, you look amazing in it!
  • Corrie
    Savvy August 2021
    Corrie
    • Flag
    I have been trying on dresses and have yet to have THAT moment. I think the one you like is absolutely gorgeous but both suit you beautifully and fit your venue and wedding. Go with the one that makes you feel right it's your day and no one else's you will be the one who will remember this day forever and how you felt so I say go with the "flashy" one ( and from a tomboy it's not even super flashy its gorgeous and not anything crazy)
  • Corrie
    Savvy August 2021
    Corrie
    • Flag
    And because I reread and you wanted an honest opinion I like the first better anyways 馃檪
  • Kristin
    Savvy October 2020
    Kristin
    • Flag
    Both great dresses! Not sure who you had with you dress shopping but when I went to try things on the big thing with my family members was the cleavage. I have big boobs... they鈥檙e gonna be there but they told me it was the neckline which made some dresses more 鈥榗lassy鈥 in a sense. The way both dresses lay, the second dress is more 鈥榗lassy鈥 in a sense. The first dress for sure has flashy but just on the top, the bottom is a little plain. With the second dress, the lace has a more 鈥榬omantic鈥 feel instead of flashy. You could likely add beading to the top of that one for some sparkle? Could even add beading all over. The train looks better on the second one as well.
    All this being said what do YOU love!? If family/our input was not provided... which one comes to mind! Either way you鈥檒l look gorgeous!
  • Bethany
    Just Said Yes June 2021
    Bethany
    • Flag
    In the end, who will remember your dress the most... others or you? Pick the one your heart skips a beat for, just like your 鉂わ笍. It is beautiful and stunning!
  • Sara
    Just Said Yes September 2021
    Sara
    • Flag
    You do you! Both are similar and when all your hair and make up is done you鈥檒l look great in either dress! My friend said to me 鈥渆very dress you try on is going to be beautiful but it鈥檚 the one you connect with that鈥檚 meant for you鈥!
  • C
    Just Said Yes March 2021
    Corina
    • Flag
    I love the lace, #2!!!
  • Sara
    Just Said Yes June 2020
    Sara
    • Flag
    LOVE LOVE LOVE the flashy dress! Opinions are like golf swings- everyone has one!
  • Stacy
    Just Said Yes May 2020
    Stacy
    • Flag
    Both look amazing on you. Go with the one that you truly love! I鈥檓 in the same boat and bought 2 dresses. Felt almost forced to buy the first and wasn鈥檛 exactly loving it on me once I picked it up. It鈥檚 a pretty dresa tho.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics