Caitlin
Dedicated April 2021

Dress Dilemma

Caitlin, on January 7, 2020 at 1:32 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 2 131
Saved Save
PLEASE HELP! I am so torn between these two dresses. My wedding venue is a very modern, plain barn rather than a traditional "cabin" barn; therefore, the venue is formal rather than rustic. The flashy dress was obviously a sample dress and, therefore, did not fit correctly and we could not get it clamped down correctly because the beading. In other words, it is pre-alterations and will fit much better when ordered in my size. The lace dress is more relaxed but, to my surprise, seemed to be everyone's favorite. I personally feel as if the flashy one is more of my dream dress and it truly gave me my bridal moment; however, surrounding people's opinions have caused me to second guess myself because the lace dress shapes me much better than the flashy dress. I know I should go with my gut but just want othed opinions on which dress is more flattering. I am seeking honest opinions on which dress is prettier on me, compliments me more (granted the photos are from very different angles), etc. I will NOT get my feelings hurt whatsoever because I truly appreciate advice. Thanks in advance 💕
Dress Dilemma 1
Dress Dilemma 2

131 Comments

• Karen
    Devoted April 2020
    Karen ·
    • Flag
    Both are beautiful dresses but I would definitely say dress number one (flashy) is abolutely stunning! ❤
  • Caitlin
    Dedicated April 2021
    Caitlin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Im just worried about looking bulky through the middle because i have an hourglass shape and the flashy dress doesnt cinch me in like i would prefer. i cant wear a corset or anything because the bodice is mesh. its definitely my dream "pinterest board" dress but wish it complimented my body more. thanks love 💕
  • Karen
    Devoted April 2020
    Karen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Well good luck! if you decide to keep that dress and find something that works with the dress let me know! Because I'm on the same boat as you 😅... But all jokes aside it looks beautiful on you ❤
  • Caitlin
    Dedicated April 2021
    Caitlin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I will definitely keep you updated if i find a solution. thank you so much! ❣️
  • Dierdra
    Expert November 2020
    Dierdra ·
    • Flag

If your budget allows I would say this is the case for a both wedding! Formal for ceremony, flashy for the party!

• Caitlin
    Dedicated April 2021
    Caitlin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Ive honestly thought about that. the one thing holding me back is if i purchase both dresses, im about $10,000 in the dumps and id prefer to spend that extra money elsewhere. i will definitely think on it. thanks! 💕
  • Madison
    Just Said Yes June 2021
    Madison ·
    • Flag
    The 2nd one looks great on you! The 1st one though is literally on my Pinterest board!
  • A
    Super February 2020
    Andrea ·
    • Flag
    I really like the lace dress more, it looks super great on you too.
  • Baker
    Savvy March 2022
    Baker ·
    • Flag
    Omg the first one/glam one looks amazing! Not saying that the other one doesn't but the first one looks awesome in you. Get the one that makes you feel fabulous 💙
  • Dierdra
    Expert November 2020
    Dierdra ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Then you need to go with the dress that gave you the most feels!
  • Kathryn
    Super April 2020
    Kathryn ·
    • Flag
    I vote number one as well. You have to go with your gut, and it might look so different in your size. It already looks amazing!
  • Chrysta
    Super November 2020
    Chrysta ·
    • Flag
    I can see why you are having such a difficult time deciding – they both look fantastic on you! My vote would have to go with #1 though – it is a showstopper!!
  • Tayler
    Beginner September 2020
    Tayler ·
    • Flag

I LOVE THE FIRST ONE! I;m having a similar barn style wedding also, but also more fancy than rustic. I think the first one is all the goals! I love the bottom of the tulle on the dress! one of my favorite styles! Always keep in mind that this is your day and not to compromise on your wedding dress. I think the first one looks way better than the second! I hope you pick your favorite!

• Allyson
    Devoted February 2020
    Allyson ·
    • Flag
    They are both amazingly beautiful on you! When I saw number one, I was like “WOW” so I really think that you should go with your gut! The second one is also very pretty, but you get one wedding, and I think you should get the dream dress. It’ll fit much better when it’s ordered in your size so the issue that you’re thinking about might not even exist anymore Smiley smile
  • Angelica
    Savvy June 2020
    Angelica ·
    • Flag
    Absolutely love the first one on you! You look amazing Smiley smile
  • Amber
    Rockstar February 2020
    Amber ·
    • Flag

I vote number one!

• Anna
    Super August 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag

I really prefer #1 on you. The bottom is incredible.

• Jennifer
    Super October 2020
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

Both are beautiful on you, but the flashy dress is STUNNING! Even though it is a little hard to see from the front in the picture, you can see from the mirror reflection that it is flattering on your shape. Smiley smile Ultimately, whatever you feel most beautiful in is best!

• Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag
    Both are spectacular on you! Go with the one that gives you that bridal “wow” feeeling though.
  • Dayna
    Devoted March 2021
    Dayna ·
    • Flag

I like #1. They are both beautiful but that one seems to fit your theme better and it gave you the wow feeling! It's also very unique.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics