Skip to main content
Caitlin
Expert January 2021

Dress Dilemma

Caitlin, on January 7, 2020 at 1:32 AM

Posted in Wedding Attire 137

PLEASE HELP! I am so torn between these two dresses. My wedding venue is a very modern, plain barn rather than a traditional "cabin" barn; therefore, the venue is formal rather than rustic. The flashy dress was obviously a sample dress and, therefore, did not fit correctly and we could not get it...
PLEASE HELP! I am so torn between these two dresses. My wedding venue is a very modern, plain barn rather than a traditional "cabin" barn; therefore, the venue is formal rather than rustic. The flashy dress was obviously a sample dress and, therefore, did not fit correctly and we could not get it clamped down correctly because the beading. In other words, it is pre-alterations and will fit much better when ordered in my size. The lace dress is more relaxed but, to my surprise, seemed to be everyone's favorite. I personally feel as if the flashy one is more of my dream dress and it truly gave me my bridal moment; however, surrounding people's opinions have caused me to second guess myself because the lace dress shapes me much better than the flashy dress. I know I should go with my gut but just want othed opinions on which dress is more flattering. I am seeking honest opinions on which dress is prettier on me, compliments me more (granted the photos are from very different angles), etc. I will NOT get my feelings hurt whatsoever because I truly appreciate advice. Thanks in advance 💕
cfb_1344665.jpg
cfb_1344667.jpg

137 Comments

• Jami
    Dedicated March 2021
    Jami ·
    • Flag
    Wow both ate beautiful!! that would be a hard choice for me but i'm going to go with the 1st one
  • Wietske
    Just Said Yes October 2020
    Wietske ·
    • Flag
    You look stunning in both!
  • Leonides
    Savvy February 2021
    Leonides ·
    • Flag
    Oh my! The first dress is a show stopper!!

The second is very nice too.
    But that first dress.... wow!
  • Amanda
    Dedicated January 2021
    Amanda ·
    • Flag

That first one looks gorgeous on you! I don't think you could go wrong with either tho! I'm only bringing one bridesmaid with me when I try on dresses so I don't get a bunch of opinion and then cant choose lol

• Holly
    Just Said Yes February 2020
    Holly ·
    • Flag
    They are both gorgeous but I think the first one looks stunning on you and very unique
  • Kelli
    Dedicated May 2021
    Kelli ·
    • Flag
    Number one!
  • Molly
    Super October 2020
    Molly ·
    • Flag
    I love the second dress!
  • Stevie
    Devoted February 2020
    Stevie ·
    • Flag

I personally like the "Flashy" one more. I think its beautiful on you and it's different.

• Sarah
    Expert October 2021
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    Personally I like the second dress better. But this is your decision. Go with your gut feeling, as I learned from a personal experience today, I should have gone with my gut feeling and I didn’t and now I am regretting it. Don’t regret the dress that you are wearing for your wedding.
  • S
    Just Said Yes September 2021
    Sam ·
    • Flag
    I think the "flashy" one is beautiful! I think an altered dress that's truly made to fit you will make a world of difference and I'm sure whoever does the alterations wouldbe able to give you options on how to adjust accordingly.
  • Destiny
    June 2016
    Destiny ·
    • Flag
    I vote # 1 it’s beautiful on you I feel like you love # 1 better and two is the ppl pleaser dress go with your gut everything fits differently when it’s in your size
    😉 good luck
  • Anna
    Super August 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag

Which dress did you pick Caitlin?

• Chrysta
    Master November 2022
    Chrysta ·
    • Flag
    Both look gorgeous on you!!! If I HAD to pick one, I’d say dress #1
  • Courtney
    Expert July 2020
    Courtney ·
    • Flag
    I don't think the first dress looks bulky at all. I think you should go with which one you feel more like a bride in. Honestly though have similar characteristics as far as the silhouette goes, and they even look a little similar in photos. I think both look gorgeous, but I doubt you'll regret the one you love most which is the first one!
  • Bride
    December 2020
    Bride ·
    • Flag
    The glam one!!!! 😍 you need to wear what makes you happy. It is YOUR day, not theirs. They both look great on you, but I love the horsehair trim on the first dress & the extra bling. Such a gorgeous dress!
  • Jennifer
    Savvy May 2020
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    Honestly, you can’t go wrong with either. I love the flashy aspect of the first but I love the lace look of the second. I’m partial to the second cuz my dress is similar. I really do love the lace in the train of the second one. Go with your gut enough whichever makes you feel more like a bride!
  • Alyrae
    Super February 2020
    Alyrae ·
    • Flag
    The first dress is amazing

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics