Ghostly Smile
Devoted December 2017

Come see my new dog! and blah blah somthing about stds...

Ghostly Smile, on April 6, 2017 at 10:35 AM Posted in Planning 0 16
Saved Save

I left ordering the STDs up to FH b/c he offered to do it. The first set still had the sample names on them, the second had the wrong date/city. Three rounds later and we finally have the right info on them lol. No pic b/c my FSIL (who we do not speak to, so not invited) stalks me on a couple of forums. I don't think she's here, but not chancing it.

We also have a new furbaby! Here's Ripley. She almost 2yrs old and so perfect with the kids and cats. Her previous owner died in a car accident shortly after they finished obedience school (hence the rehoming), so her manners are wonderful. Full disclosure: this post was really just an excuse to show her off. ETA TITLE: b/c Ripley deserves to be shown off.

16 Comments

• JanissC.
    Super April 2018
    JanissC. ·
    • Flag

Ripley is a cutie!

• Jo
    WeddingWire Administrator May 2015
    Jo ·
    • Flag

You don't need to make any excuses to show off a pet pic! What a beauty. And hooray for finally getting the STDs sorted, sounds like it was quite a process!

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie ·
    • Flag

Aww Hi Ripley!! I think you should start a new tradition, I'd be pumped if I got a dog adoption announcement in the mail and absolutely put it up on the fridge Smiley smile

• FutureMrsDeShong
    Super December 2017
    FutureMrsDeShong ·
    • Flag

So sweet that you got to adopt him! Congrats on finally getting your stds!

• Ghostly Smile
    Devoted December 2017
    Ghostly Smile ·
    • Flag

@catlady Done.

• Del
    Master November 2017
    Del ·
    • Flag

She is just beautiful! What a gentle face she has!

• RaeGin
    Master September 2017
    RaeGin ·
    • Flag

Ah! Cute pup!

p.s. glad you got the STDs sorted out. I'm glad I didn't leave that up to FH. He doesn't know the name of our venue... He does know the date.

• Dani
    Devoted July 2017
    Dani ·
    • Flag

This post was wild from start to finish haha.

Cute dog and I'm so glad you finally got the right save the dates!

• ReneeEdward
    VIP November 2017
    ReneeEdward ·
    • Flag

Ripley is a cutie!

But uhhhh your fsil stalks you on forums? She sounds fun or deranged or both!

• Ghostly Smile
    Devoted December 2017
    Ghostly Smile ·
    • Flag

@Renee She does. It's frustrating, but nothing I can do. Then she runs and tells a twisted version to FFIL (who we also have no contact with) who then starts harassing us through whatever new email/facebook/burner phone he has. We block all the new stuff, and it goes away for a bit. Rinse and repeat. But my new dog is awesome! So I can't be too upset.

• ReneeEdward
    VIP November 2017
    ReneeEdward ·
    • Flag

Good lord, that sounds exhausting! Sorry you guys have to deal with that type of behavior.

• APZ
    VIP March 2017
    APZ ·
    • Flag

Your new pup is SO cute!! I'm sorry she lost her previous owner, but glad you guys adopted her! I love our rescue baby!

• NautiBride2018
    VIP June 2018
    NautiBride2018 ·
    • Flag

Eh that's super creepy of FSIL lol but I want to know: what kind of puppers (sorry that's my dad speak coming out lol) is Ripley?! So adorable! Looks like German Shepherd?

• earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·
    • Flag

Aw, now we have 2 things in common: a December wedding and we just adopted a German Shepherd puppy! Her name is Ava.

• Gracelyn
    Super October 2019
    Gracelyn ·
    • Flag

@WWLynnie My parents did a version of an adoption announcement for Christmas. They had a foster dog that they ended up adopting. Their Christmas cards were my dog and the new dog and it said, "Gordon gets his Christmas wish."

@Ghostly Smile congrats on your newest family member!

• Ghostly Smile
    Devoted December 2017
    Ghostly Smile ·
    • Flag

@NautiBride Yes, German Shepard. I used to hat GSDs as a kid (attacked by one) but she pulled at my heart strings.

Comment on this discussion