earias
Champion December 2017

California brides and grooms let's see your venue(s)!

earias, on October 11, 2018 at 3:41 PM Posted in California Planning 0 35
Saved Save
Are you getting married in California? If so, post pictures of your ceremony and reception venues. I got married in Sonoma. Our ceremony was at St. Andrew Presbyterian Church and our reception was at the Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn and Spa. It was a semi-DW so we spent the weekend there. We had a welcome dinner on Friday night and a farewell brunch Sunday morning.

California brides and grooms let's see your venue(s)! 1

California brides and grooms let's see your venue(s)! 2

California brides and grooms let's see your venue(s)! 3

California brides and grooms let's see your venue(s)! 4

California brides and grooms let's see your venue(s)! 5

California brides and grooms let's see your venue(s)! 6

California brides and grooms let's see your venue(s)! 7

California brides and grooms let's see your venue(s)! 8

California brides and grooms let's see your venue(s)! 9

35 Comments

• Jenna
    Super October 2019
    Jenna ·

We're getting married at the Castaway in Burbank, CA! It's an old restaurant on a hilltop in the San Fernando Valley with a large and newly renovated event space. The ceremony will be outside (picture below) with the cocktail hour on the terrace directly behind it. They set up lights (and heat lamps if needed) and it's beautiful. Then the reception will move inside for the evening. We both grew up about 20 minutes from here but actually live in Phoenix now. We opted to have the wedding in SoCal to make it easier for most of our friends and family. Fingers crossed for a warm October evening like the valley usually is!

Ceremony SpaceCalifornia brides and grooms let's see your venue(s)! 10Reception RoomCalifornia brides and grooms let's see your venue(s)! 11Reception room with different layout/angleCalifornia brides and grooms let's see your venue(s)! 12

• C
    Just Said Yes May 2019
    Candy ·

We are getting married at Terra Mia in Paso Robles. It is a beautiful winery tucked away below the owner's property. It is an all outside venue with a cute barrel room that we are going to use for our dessert table and lounge area. It also has a gorgeous pond with a amphitheater which is where the ceremony will be held. We got swept away by the gorgeous willow trees, water fall area, and endless greenery surrounding the venue. We cannot wait for our big day!

Barrel RoomCalifornia brides and grooms let's see your venue(s)! 13

Reception/Venue

California brides and grooms let's see your venue(s)! 14ceremonyCalifornia brides and grooms let's see your venue(s)! 15receptionCalifornia brides and grooms let's see your venue(s)! 16

• Toni
    Savvy June 2020
    Toni ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Castaway is so nice! We wanted to book there but it’s a little too far for some of our older family members
  • Jenna
    Super October 2019
    Jenna ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you!! I'm not going to lie... the Portofino Hotel in Redondo Beach was our first choice but the room was just too small for our guest list... but Castaway was a close second and we love it! Where did you end up booking instead?
  • Toni
    Savvy June 2020
    Toni ·
    View Quoted Comment
    We had a couple of venues in Redondo beach in mind! But we never made it to there lol . We booked our wedding at Vin Di cool Vineyards in Corona which was the second venue that we looked at. We had so many others on the list but we fell in love as soon as we arrived at the venue. It’s an outdoor backyard vineyard/estate style venue. The location is perfect distance wise and it’s has the rustic feel that we wanted.

California brides and grooms let's see your venue(s)! 17

California brides and grooms let's see your venue(s)! 18

California brides and grooms let's see your venue(s)! 19

California brides and grooms let's see your venue(s)! 20
  • Jenna
    Super October 2019
    Jenna ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Absolutely gorgeous!!! I got info on a couple others in Redondo Beach but they were out of budget unfortunately so we didn't bother touring them.
  • K
    Savvy April 2019
    Kaity ·

We're getting married at McFarland Ranch in Galt, CA! It's an old ranch now run by the Galt Historical Society and used for education and events. The ceremony will be in front of the ranch house and the reception will be in the yard/field to the left of the house. I grew up less than a mile from here, my FH grew up in CO, and we now live in VA but opted for CA because of all the connections my family has to help make our special day go smoothly (and it's cheaper for family and friends to fly to CA than VA)

Ranch HouseCalifornia brides and grooms let's see your venue(s)! 21Ranch YardCalifornia brides and grooms let's see your venue(s)! 22

• C
    Just Said Yes August 2019
    Celine H. ·

We're getting married at The Island Farm. It's a private estate. FMIL happens to know the caretaker of the property. It's the 1st venue we visited and nothing else was able to compare with it afterward.

Don't have my phone with me at this moment so sharing photos our photographer took from another wedding at the same venue. Note: we're not going above and beyond like this one though! Ours is a very budget wedding!!!!

The Island Farm <<Photos

• Kristin
    Just Said Yes April 2019
    Kristin ·

We're getting married in April at an outdoor venue called Rancho Las Lomas in Silverado, CA in the foothills of Orange County. It's an early California, Portuguese style ranch estate with citrus orchards and a zoological garden. It has exotic birds, zebras, and even a white tiger! The ceremony will take place under giant oaks in their La Terraza location, then move down to the Grand Salon Patio next to the fountain which overlooks the reception area, called El Teatro after the white Spanish-style theater on the lower level. Would love to hear about your experience if you've been here for a wedding!

La Terraza (Ceremony)California brides and grooms let's see your venue(s)! 23

Grand Salon Patio (Cocktail Hour)California brides and grooms let's see your venue(s)! 24

El Teatro (Reception)California brides and grooms let's see your venue(s)! 25

• Future Mrs. R
    Dedicated June 2019
    Future Mrs. R ·

Serra Cross Park - Ventura, CACalifornia brides and grooms let's see your venue(s)! 26The Oaks Club at Valencia - Valencia, CACalifornia brides and grooms let's see your venue(s)! 27

Hello. Our ceremony will be at Serra Cross Park in Ventura, CA and our reception will be at The Oaks Club Valencia. Can't wait to be married!

• Patti
    Dedicated August 2019
    Patti ·
    We're getting married next August with an outdoor ceremony and indoor reception at the beautiful Brazilian Room in Berkeley

California brides and grooms let's see your venue(s)! 28

California brides and grooms let's see your venue(s)! 29

California brides and grooms let's see your venue(s)! 30
  • Christine
    Dedicated May 2019
    Christine ·
    Rengstorff House in Mountain View,Ca

California brides and grooms let's see your venue(s)! 31
  • HayMrsO
    Master October 2018
    HayMrsO ·
    View Quoted Comment

This is absolutely stunning!!

We got married on the beach in Cayucos and had the reception on the deck of my BFF's private residence. So that's not an option for anyone, but for a fee of $200 to the State of California, anyone can get married on the beach! Lol

California brides and grooms let's see your venue(s)! 32

California brides and grooms let's see your venue(s)! 33

California brides and grooms let's see your venue(s)! 34

California brides and grooms let's see your venue(s)! 35

• C
    Just Said Yes May 2019
    Candy ·
    View Quoted Comment

That looks beautiful! Super affordable option. I love the arch that is used and Cayucos is such a cute town.

• HayMrsO
    Master October 2018
    HayMrsO ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you. My husband made it for us. I loved it too!
  • HayMrsO
    Master October 2018
    HayMrsO ·
    View Quoted Comment
    And not to stalk you, but I see you are using Chef Debbie as well. She was AMAZING to work with. Her staff was top notch. If you don’t have a photographer yet, I highly, highly recommend Rachel Higgins Photography. She is from that area She has blown us away with her photos. Best of luck to you!
  • C
    Just Said Yes May 2019
    Candy ·

Not at all!! I'm glad you mentioned that, we just booked her a few months ago and are super excited. We did a tasting with her and it was really good! Thanks so much for the recommendations, if you think of anything else we are always looking for any tips/advice

• Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·

We had our DW at Calistoga Ranch in Napa Valley. Magical estate with many options for ceremony, cocktail hour, reception: lake, vineyard, wine cave, patio, restaurant. Amazing 5-star location, food and service.

Tip: To save money, ask about off-season or weekday rates!

Calistoga RanchCalifornia brides and grooms let's see your venue(s)! 36

Calistoga Ranch wine caveCalifornia brides and grooms let's see your venue(s)! 37

Our ceremony (lake patio)California brides and grooms let's see your venue(s)! 38

Our wine cave reception & decor California brides and grooms let's see your venue(s)! 39

• Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·

We had our local reception at Monte De Oro in Temecula (between Los Angeles and San Diego). One of the few affordable venues in Temecula and awesome customer service. Luxury winery estate look & feel. We were lucky to find it!

Monte De OroCalifornia brides and grooms let's see your venue(s)! 40

Monte De OroCalifornia brides and grooms let's see your venue(s)! 41

Our reception photos of the venue aren't the greatest due to high winds (chairs had to be folded until guest arrived, our feather centerpieces had to be taped down). But here are a few:

reception tables and band areaCalifornia brides and grooms let's see your venue(s)! 42

June reception: vines even fuller in July & Aug!California brides and grooms let's see your venue(s)! 43

• BrandiWeds18
    VIP May 2019
    BrandiWeds18 ·
    View Quoted Comment

Portofino was my 2nd choice! It's local to my family.

Comment on this discussion