We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Kristin
Super November 2019

Bridesmaid Dresses

Kristin, on January 2, 2019 at 12:14 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 5
Saved Save

Hey ladies,

So my girls and I went shopping last weekend for their dresses. My MOH had asked me a while back if she could wear something slightly different than the rest of the girls. I told her I was open to it but I would have to approve it first. So we found 2 dresses that we really liked, both very similar, same fabric, and same designer. She loves the one on the right in burgundy (we would add a lace slip to the slit in the skirt and lower it to the knee) and honestly so do I but the other 4 all said they would be more comfortable in gray one ( it would also be in burgundy but I don't have a picture in the right color). The main differences are the gray one has the cross across the neck line which is mimicked with the straps in the back and the top has small beads (sparkle) over the lace where the burgundy one has lace across the back, no X, and the slit. The issue is my mother, she is a bit old fashioned and is paying for the majority of the wedding. She is concerned that it won't look right (mostly because she has never been to a wedding with the girls in different dresses and she is also partial to the gray one). Does anyone have pics from their weddings where they did something similar that you can share so I can show her it'll look beautiful and that I'm not crazy?

48405561_503350236820685_385238262852301

5 Comments

• Chandra
    Master May 2019
    Chandra
    • Flag
    I think it's totally fine to have the MOH be a little more standout and the dresses are close enough I don't even think it will be too noticeable able first glance.
  • earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias
    • Flag

My bridesmaids wore mismatched dresses. I just told them to buy whatever long, burgundy dress they wanted. I had 3 of them (no MOH) and here are some pics.

Bridesmaid Dresses 1

Bridesmaid Dresses 2

Bridesmaid Dresses 3

Bridesmaid Dresses 4

Bridesmaid Dresses 5

• MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD
    • Flag

I gave my bridesmaids a color, fabric & length and they are picking their own dress from Azazie. They have about 120 options. My MOH is wearing a darker shade of blue (bridesmaids in light blue). I've seen lots of pictures on Pinterest and love the look.

• Hannah
    Dedicated August 2019
    Hannah
    • Flag
    Mori lee!! Haha that's the same designer for my bridesmaid dresses!! 馃槏馃槏
    I am doing two different ones.. the left is for my MOH and the right is for my bridesmaids. I just brought my MOH and 1 bridesmaid to try on dresses that way! Then decided on these.

Bridesmaid Dresses 6
  • Hannah
    Dedicated August 2019
    Hannah
    • Flag
    They will all be the color Dove (right dress)

Comment on this discussion

Related articles