D
Just Said Yes May 2012

bride in ivory AND groom in ivory???

David, on January 3, 2012 at 6:22 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 24
Saved

So my fiance has her dress already (its Ivory) and we just went yesterday to get my tuxes and i gotta say.... i kinda love the all ivory tux for me with my groomsmen in black. looking for what you guys think of this and if anyone has done this please dont be shy as i am looking forward to seeing what this looks like. THANKS

24 Comments

Latest activity by 2011 Mrs. Brown, on January 7, 2012 at 7:00 PM
  • Jessica
    Master September 2017
    Jessica ·
    • Flag

We were going to do that but FH decided he liked the pin-striped tuxes better. I think it would be just fine. Are you going to wear a colored tie or straight ivory???

• Heather
    Master September 2012
    Heather ·
    • Flag

FH is wearing an ivory/champign vest/tie to match my dress but a black suit. If you like it go with it! but it might look weird if you were in ivory and ur GM in black...see if you can find a bridal party pick with a light color groom tux and black GM tux to see how it looks for references.

• Mandee
    Super April 2012
    Mandee ·
    • Flag

My friend did this at her wedding. I wasn't a big fan of it all, but that's just me. I think it's just a bit too much for both to be in ivory. I'll post a pic.

I edited the pic to keep their identities anonymous. Smiley smile

• Mrs. Fornasty
    VIP May 2012
    Mrs. Fornasty ·
    • Flag

My dress is ivory, and we have not done tuxes yet. My cousin's dress was ivory, and her hubby was black tux with ivory shirt n vest. I wanted to do something different, and you just gave me an idea. thanks.

• Kimberly S  ( formerly Kimberly L )
    Master June 2012
    Kimberly S ( formerly Kimberly L ) ·
    • Flag

My dress is white and my FH wanted a white tux. I didn't see anything wrong with it. After all, it's his wedding too so I let him have his way.

• JKRuoff
    Expert February 2012
    JKRuoff ·
    • Flag

I will be in white and because my FH is in the Navy and we're having a military wedding he'll be in his dress whites Smiley smile i say go for it!

• Future Mrs. P
    Super October 2012
    Future Mrs. P ·
    • Flag

My dress is ivory. FH and groomsmen were going to wear brown. But when we got to the shop he feel in love with an ivory tux with a champagne vest. Do whatever makes you happpy.

• Courtney
    Expert December 2012
    Courtney ·
    • Flag

I've always thought it was kind of cute when they matched. My dress is white and my FH will be wearing a white tux with a silver vest and tie.

• Stacie
    Devoted April 2012
    Stacie ·
    • Flag

My dress is ivory and my FH is wearing a black tux with an ivory shirt, vest, and tie. I say to each his own. Whatever makes you happy go for it!

• Ellen
    Super April 2012
    Ellen ·
    • Flag

My dress is ivory and FH is wearing a black tux with ivory shirt, vest and black bow tie... the all ivory just wans't our thing....

Have you checked out the Black Pants with Ivory Jacket? That is sharp too!

• Kimpy
    Super October 2012
    Kimpy ·
    • Flag

Personally, I would be afraid the ivory wouldn't be the same. I have seen 20 shades of "ivory".

I would just ask her & do what you want!

• Carole M (a.k.a "old tart")
    Master October 2011
    Carole M (a.k.a "old tart") ·
    • Flag

Kimpy, that is exactly what I was going to type. There are so many darn shades of ivory.

Bottom line...go for what you think you look best in!

• Hayley C™
    Master March 2008
    Hayley C™ ·
    • Flag

Some examples.

I don't think it is too horrible if they don't exactly match. Maybe still have your future wife check it out and see what she thinks about how close the colors are. She can go to the paint store and grab TONS of paint samples - find the one closest to her dress, and take that to the tux shop.

~ Good Luck ~

• 2d Bride
    Champion October 2009
    2d Bride ·
    • Flag

My wife and I were both in ivory, although our situation was a bit different. (Ours were both dresses.) But I think it would be lovely. Typically, the bride is dressed in a different color from the bridesmaids so that she will stand out. But people seem to think it is just fine if the groom is dressed almost identically to the groomsmen. It's both of your wedding, so it's just fine if both of you stand out.

• Mrs. Jaclyn Willson
    Master April 2012
    Mrs. Jaclyn Willson ·
    • Flag

I am doing Black w/ white Tie and cumberbun for my Groom...I considered the all white thing but I want a contrast between him, and I but I also want him to stand out from his groomsmen too....But still match with me.

They will wear black tux w/ Green and & blue tie/Cumberbun matching my girls dresses.

• mrsturnbow
    Super April 2012
    mrsturnbow ·
    • Flag

I'm not a fan of both wearing white, but if that's what you like, then go for it Smiley smile It's your day too.

• Mrs. B for real :)
    VIP September 2012
    Mrs. B for real :) ·
    • Flag

My dress is diamond white (AA ivory like) and I plan on having all the guys wear ivory jackets with black pants. FH will have a beigy cream vest and tie. GM will have charcoal ties to match my girls' dresses, no vests for them I think.

• Stacy
    VIP October 2011
    Stacy ·
    • Flag

I had an ivory dress and my groom had a black tux with ivory shirt, vest, and tie so we match with both having ivory. But it wasn't an overkill of ivory.

The groomsmen wore red ties and vest.

• sequoia04
    Dedicated May 2011
    sequoia04 ·
    • Flag

We did the same as Stacy. I was in ivory, and hubby was in an ivory vest while his groomsmen and my bridesmaids were in purple.

• Kimberly
    Dedicated June 2012
    Kimberly ·
    • Flag

We're both wearing ivory. Our accent colors are hunter green and silver. I think whatever looks best, just play around with the all ivory and the ivory with black. Good luck!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics