We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Heather
Dedicated June 2020

Beach Wedding

Heather, on November 24, 2019 at 12:58 PM Posted in Do It Yourself 0 5
Saved Save
So my fiance and I decided we want to get married on the beach. I'm making ALL of the bouquets/boutonerres/corsages myself. This is my 3rd wedding, his 1st. Nothing special and only immediate family invited. I'm also wearing a beach style dress with hibiscus flowers on it. He's wearing dress slacks, a dress shirt and tie. My flowers will consist of hibiscus and plumeria flowers as well as baby's breath. Any input on floral bouquets would be appreciated.

5 Comments

Latest activity by Clíodhna, on November 28, 2019 at 11:32 AM
  • Clíodhna
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2030
    Clíodhna ·
    • Flag

Welcome to the WeddingWire community, Heather Smiley smile

This sounds like it will be beautiful. I love the selection of flowers you’ve picked! Perfect for a beach wedding.

Have you checked out Pinterest and YouTube for guides and tips on creating flower arrangement? They would definitely be great places to search.

How many of each do you have to make?

• Heather
    Dedicated June 2020
    Heather ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I've looked thru Pinterest without much help. Haven't really had much time to check YouTube. 2 bouquets and 3 boutonierres. Should I make flowers for the parents and my daughter?
  • Clíodhna
    Clíodhna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

It's totally your personal preference, Heather!

According to these articles (Who Wears a Corsage at a Wedding?, Who Wears a Boutonniere at a Wedding?) parents dowear a floral arrangement (corsage or boutonniere). It's also a nice photo opSmiley smile

Will your daughter have a role in the ceremony? Bridesmaids, flower girl, junior bridesmaid, etc.

• Heather
    Dedicated June 2020
    Heather ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    No my daughter will not have a role, which I think she's a little upset about, but it's MY wedding and I choose. She's also 25, this is my 3rd marriage and she was in my 2nd wedding.
  • Clíodhna
    Clíodhna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

She may be a little upset now, however, with time she might understand and be ok with itSmiley heart 

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics