Skip to main content
Maren
Champion October 2021

Are you ditching the bouquet toss?

Maren, on January 15, 2019 at 11:05 AM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 161
Saved

Tossing the bouquet to the single ladies at your reception is a tradition that has been cooling off in recent years, but some people can’t image a wedding without the bouquet toss! Will the bride be throwing the bouquet on your wedding day?

Are you saying "I do" to this tradition or ditching it? 💐

Are you ditching the bouquet toss? 1

Photo by A Bryan Photo in Birmingham, Alabama

Thank you, next (tradition): Are you ditching the garter toss?

Back to the beginning: Which wedding traditions are you ditching?

161 Comments

Latest activity by Melle, on June 25, 2019 at 9:25 PM
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Legend March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag
    Ditched it!
  • Danielle
    Master June 2019
    Danielle ·
    • Flag

I honestly haven't put much thought into this aspect of the wedding yet, but I imagine I will be keeping the tradition and doing it Smiley smile

• Angerra
    VIP August 2019
    Angerra ·
    • Flag
    Ditching it! We don't have a lot of single ladies on our guest list and I don't necessarily care for the bouquet toss.
  • Nemo
    Master August 2018
    Nemo ·
    • Flag

Ditched it! I always hated them and felt embarrassed by them at weddings when I was a single person.

• Mcskipper
    Master July 2018
    Mcskipper ·
    • Flag
    Yes, skip. I think we had about 3 single ladies, and I did NOT think they would appreciate getting singled out as such! 🤣. Plus we just wanted to have a big dance party , no need to break up the flow with old traditions . It wasn’t missed.
  • Maren
    Champion October 2021
    Maren ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Hi Angerra! Makes perfect sense to me Smiley smile I also am not big on interrupting the reception partying & dancing for these sorts of things, I'd rather dance the night away with all my loved ones, personally!

• Angerra
    VIP August 2019
    Angerra ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Same here! 💃
  • Charity
    Devoted December 2021
    Charity ·
    • Flag

No but ditching Beyonce's single ladies and all her music, instead using Gwen Stefani's Hollaback girl

• Swtnss238
    VIP May 2019
    Swtnss238 ·
    • Flag
    Ditched it too!! Small guests list, only a few women will be single, guests list is a more mature crowd (we old).
  • Marie
    Savvy September 2019
    Marie ·
    • Flag
    Ditching it. We aren't even doing flowers.
  • FutureMrsKC
    Master January 2019
    FutureMrsKC ·
    • Flag

Ditching it, most of our friends are married anyhow so I'd have maybe 5 girls to toss it to. I'd also rather be dancing and having fun with my guests than taking up time to do this.

• Brae
    VIP September 2019
    Brae ·
    • Flag
    Ditching it. Hated getting pulled up to do it at other weddings, so not for us.
  • Lex
    VIP September 2019
    Lex ·
    • Flag
    Ditching it. The only girl that won’t be in a relationship is my 13 year old sister, and I hated doing those at other weddings.
  • JustKidding
    VIP April 2018
    JustKidding ·
    • Flag

Skipped. I hate it.

• Alyssa
    Super July 2019
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag
    I'm not tossing a bouquet. FH wants to toss a bouquet so I'm making him a small one. He's going to toss it for everyone to try to catch not just single people. That's the plan right now at least.
  • Kristin
    Super November 2019
    Kristin ·
    • Flag

Ditching it! We don't have many girls in the family and I am also one of the last to get married... it would probably be like 2 girls under 20 up there with me and I just think it'll be awkward (I've been one of the 2 before as well and it was very uncomfortable for me). I'd also rather not break up the night and push people off the dance floor for it. Also not doing a garter toss...Kinda creeped out by the thought of one of his friends having my "intimates" lol

• Jen
    Super May 2018
    Jen ·
    • Flag

Ditched it. I'm not a fan of it and we had only 3 single women at our wedding and I think it would have been awful to call just them out for this.

• Mrs. S
    Master November 2019
    Mrs. S ·
    • Flag
    I think it is so humiliating and when I was single I refused to participate. No way am I doing that.
  • A
    Dedicated February 2019
    Anna ·
    • Flag

Ditching it. In my opinion, this is only fun when you're like 10 or under otherwise it is just awkward.

• Abby
    VIP March 2019
    Abby ·
    • Flag
    I guess I'm in the minority here but I'll still be tossing mine! Not a lot of single women on our list but the few we do have love going for the bouquet so we're keeping the tradition!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics