We have a backup date set but we’re still on the fence about postponeing the wedding! We’re a little less than a month away but I’m not super educated on when this whole quarantine thing will be over. We’re really hoping to have it on our planned date - April 25th - but we don’t know what to do. Advice anyone?????
Absolutely you should postpone. All May brides I know are even postponing! Things will not clear up by April, and you won't be past the window of no events with more than 10 people. Contact your vendors ASAP to get a new date!
I think its naive to assume anything at this point. I understand we must keep hope, but we must also be realistic and prepare for the worst case scenario (postponement.) I am right here with you.
Our wedding is planned for June 13, 2020 and while that seems far enough out to not have to postpone - with all the uncertainty and information rapidly changing on a daily basis, I can't help but be overwhelmed with stress and anxiety. I've already had to cancel by bridal shower and am sure my bach is out of the question at this point too.
Here in CA, we have a "Shelter in Place" ordinance in effect through April 19th with the possibility of that extending to May if our situation here does not improve. Our venue has had to cancel and postpone weddings that were planned through April. My heart ACHES for those couples.
We are hoping late April will offer more clarity for the future of 2020, however, what everyone needs to understand (myself included) is that even if things "calm down" soon, it doesn't mean people will be out of danger while in close proximity to one another. We never expected to have to make such a heartbreaking decision, however, it is not nearly as heartbreaking as the idea of putting our loved ones at risk.
take some time to decide what is best for you, but understand that there are many other couples debating the same and dates will become less and less available.