Skip to main content
Amy
Just Said Yes October 2021

April 2020 wedding. Who is canceling who is keeping the date?

Amy, on March 15, 2020 at 6:23 PM Posted in Community Conversations 1 29
Saved
Reply
My date is 4/25. So far I have no communication with the venue yet. I do not have a good feeling about this. What are you doing?

29 Comments

Latest activity by Kristen, on April 2, 2020 at 4:29 PM
  • Kristen
    VIP June 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag
    I was just in contact with my month of coordinator who said my April 26 wedding is good to go as of now. She will help call other vendors to verify services.



    • Reply
  • Nerissa
    Dedicated June 2020
    Nerissa ·
    • Flag
    I’m 4/18 and still on as of now
    • Reply
  • Kathryn
    VIP August 2020
    Kathryn ·
    • Flag
    We were 4/4. Fh's niece is currently under quarantine because her teacher tested positive, and his mom has lots of health issues that would make it impossible for her to travel. They were on our VIP list. That plus Dallas is currently under a ban for gatherings of 20 or more people, and we had to cancel. Thankfully our vendors were all very kind and allowed us to transfer without penalty. It has to be your call, at the end of the day. We felt like making everyone travel to a city on lockdown was selfish on our parts. At the end of the day though, you know your circumstances and your guests. Good luck! It sucks all around.
    • Reply
  • Amy
    Just Said Yes October 2021
    Amy ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I am actually in Dallas. I am guessing school won't be going back until fall semester.
    • Reply
  • Kathryn
    VIP August 2020
    Kathryn ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Ooph yeah! That's what it sounds like right now. Fh and I are on mandatory work from home, me indefinitely and him for at least 2 weeks. The writing was kind of on the wall for us. People were actually overall grateful to be told to stay put. Who knows if we would be forced to cancel by next month? We decided to put it off and not play chicken. Best thing to do is talk to your vendors and see what they say. Where are you getting married?
    • Reply
  • Amy
    Just Said Yes October 2021
    Amy ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Eeek we are also doing mandatory work from home also my relatives are from New York and California ..... I am ok with rescheduling. I just hope all the vendors can work on that day.
    • Reply
  • Neeva
    VIP September 2020
    Neeva ·
    • Flag

    Thanks for creating this post I am honestly interested!

    4/11 and keeping it for now. Everything is still a go but looking into alternative dates just in case and communicating with vendors & venue & guests.

    • Reply
  • Kathryn
    VIP August 2020
    Kathryn ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Definitely check with them! I peeked at your vendors and don't see any crossover, but all of our vendors were super understanding. Our cake lady actually said her best friend had moved her wedding that was also scheduled for our day. We didn't pay anything but a deposit to the mua to hold the day. I'm so sorry you're dealing with this!!! But Dallas being what it is right now, I would start considering it.
    • Reply
  • Hillary
    Expert October 2021
    Hillary ·
    • Flag
    We are 4/25. We’ve decided to postpone to either late June, July, or beginning of August depending on which day all or most our vendors are available. Although we still plan to have a small ceremony on the 25th with just a few friends and family at my parents house. It’s heartbreaking but it’s the right decision.
    • Reply
  • Jennifer
    Just Said Yes June 2021
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    Ours is set for 4/25, too, and are still a “go” for now. I honestly don’t know what we’re going to do at this point. Our venue is the local Elk’s Lodge, and they have not contacted us either. I’ll probably call them and our other vendors this week.
    • Reply
  • Tiffany
    Dedicated August 2020
    Tiffany ·
    • Flag
    4/18 & still going as long as the venue doesn’t shut down!
    • Reply
  • Sara
    Savvy October 2020
    Sara ·
    • Flag
    4.24. If my venue allows us, we will be there. I’ll spread out tables and have hand sanitizer as centerpieces if I have to.
    • Reply
  • Amy
    Just Said Yes October 2021
    Amy ·
    • Flag
    tenor.gifBest luck for everyone!
    • Reply
  • Joara
    Just Said Yes April 2021
    Joara ·
    • Flag

    Our wedding is in California on 4/25. My county just out a ban of gatherings of 50 people or more. I am freaking out! This ban is set till April 6th. I have no idea what to do.

    • Reply
  • Amy
    Just Said Yes October 2021
    Amy ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

    I am emailing my venue as I type this.

    • Reply
  • Joara
    Just Said Yes April 2021
    Joara ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

    Hope you get a clear and helpful answer.

    Before the ban was put in place, I emailed my venue and they said we had the option to moving out date without any penalty . But we opted to go through with our original date, hoping things would get better. But this virus is changing every day, things are so uncertain.

    • Reply
  • Amy
    Just Said Yes October 2021
    Amy ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I just think if people start dying in the next weeks it will look like bad taste to have an event .
    • Reply
  • Amy
    Just Said Yes October 2021
    Amy ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    They just replied that they understand the CDC recommendation and will call me tomorrow!
    • Reply
  • Stefanie
    Expert July 2020
    Stefanie ·
    • Flag
    04/16 here. Our venue has shut down, our Governor announced we cannot have any public gatherings larger than 50 people.
    My fiance and I aren't terribly worried. We have been planning on a very simple, old fashioned wedding anyway!!! We invited 10 people (12 people total if you include us), no bridal party, and absolutely no exuberance.

    If need be, we will have the wedding at a family members house, we'll make a small meal and cake.
    • Reply
  • Emma
    Devoted March 2021
    Emma ·
    • Flag

    As of right now we are 4/18 and hoping that things get better. My mind is reeling and we are just playing the wait and see game. Our venue emailed us this past weekend (before the 50 person limit recommendation from the CDC) and said that all weddings under 100 could continue. We have a little under 40 so as long as we still have a place to do it, I think we're planning on moving forward. The problem with this is things are changing so quickly. If they close bars/restaurants here then I know we're going to have to cancel, at least the reception. I'm trying to stay optimistic but things don't feel good right now. I've asked my fiancé to not making final payments until they are actually due (as most aren't due until the day before the wedding), so that we have a little more room to cancel if we need to. I just don't really know what to do right now.

    • Reply

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

×
ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics