Whitney Nichols Photography Reviews

22 | Aurora, NY

22 Reviews for Whitney Nichols Photography

22 Whitney Nichols Photography Reviews

Trista · Married on 06/23/2018

Working with Whitney was one of my favorite parts of wedding planning. After meeting her for the first time, I turned to my husband and told him that I wanted to be FRIENDS with her. She has the most beautiful personality and her photographs are absolutely stunning. She made our engagement shoot fun and exciting during what could have been a sort of awkward, forced afternoon. Whitney blew us away with our amazing engagement photos, so I knew our wedding photos would be breathtaking. She was so much fun to chat/text with in the weeks leading up to our wedding and she has this unique sense about her that really makes you feel at ease. After a not so great morning with my hair/makeup artists, I was so relieved when Whitney arrived with her positive energy and sparkling personality. She and her husband made the best team and while we haven't received all of our photos yet, Whitney went out of her way to send me some sneak peeks while my husband and I were on our honeymoon! They're gorgeous- just like I knew they would be. If you're looking for a photographer who's not only an incredibly talented artist, but someone who will make you feel your absolute best, Whitney is IT. She's the absolute best!

Whitney Nichols Photography 1
    Whitney Nichols Photography 2
    Whitney Nichols Photography 3
    Whitney Nichols Photography 4

Mai · Married on 06/02/2018

Whitney is one of the best people I’ve ever met. She has a wonderful energy and true passion for photography and everything she does. The best way I can describe her is she loves love. She wants to find a way to show your love in its truest and most natural form. Whitney manages to portray you as your most beautiful self, while still feeling like yourself.

Whitney’s love for what she does come across in every interaction with her. From the beginning she was so responsive to all my questions. We were certainly nervous for our engagement photos and were worried we’d feel awkward or uncomfortable walking through Brooklyn and posing awkwardly. But working with Whitney is so different. She made us feel so comfortable and talked us through natural movement to create the most beautiful photos.

The wedding went so smoothly, as she kindly did a walk through of all our locations a few days before the wedding to understand the lighting and timeline of the day. Whitney has the happiest energy and was so wonderful to have around all day. Her and her husband/co-shooter, Mike were the perfect reminder to enjoy the day and celebrate love. It didn’t hurt to have a real couple show photos ideas when my husband and I were being especially awkward…

Whitney’s energy, excitement and flexibility show how special she thinks every wedding is. She doesn’t limit the number of photos she gives you, but wants to share with you as many as she can and to tell the story as fully as possible.

Her documentary style photography captures every moment and emotion during the day. I love her ability to find light and darkness and show real depth in every photo. Every photo feels purposeful, perfect and was taken with such care. Hopefully my rambling review will help you realize how special it is to have Whitney as part of your wedding day! Thank you Whit for the amazing photos and making us feel so special and loved along the way!

Sent on 08/01/2018
    Whitney Nichols Photography 9
    Whitney Nichols Photography 10
    Whitney Nichols Photography 11

Whitney Nichols Photography's reply:

Mai, this is a beautiful review! Thank you from the bottom of my heart (or as Mike would say...thank you from the top of my heart because who wants anything from the bottom?!), hehe! We love you both + can't wait to celebrate future milestones through many laughs + photographs!

Lydia · Married on 11/13/2017

Whitney is unbelievable as a photographer but more importantly as a person! She has done two photoshoots of my daughter. The first was at the hospital the day my daughter was born the second was just yesterday as my daughter is about to turn 6 months old. I HATE having my picture taken but Whitney made me feel comfortable and pretty! Keep in mind our first pictures were hours after I gave birth. To say she is talented would be an understatement, she made me feel pretty after delivering a baby!!! Whitney takes the time to get to know you, she is patient yet tells you exactly what to do and how to move for the best shot. I have always know that Whitney's work was beautiful but to be lucky enough to have precious, fleeting moments of MY daughter captured through her view, there are no words to describe that. Whitney will be taking many more pictures for my family, no matter what the event. Whitney's work is money very well spent. She is quick in getting you the final product, makes it so easily accessible and knows just the right mix of professionalism and humor!! I am very thankful to have found Whitney!!!

Liz · Married on 09/09/2017

From our first interaction with Whitney, Tyler and I felt completely comfortable. Whitney possesses a quality unlike many others, where you instantly feel connected to her. She is genuine, honest, humble, and above all a true artist.

While Tyler and I are fairly traditional and didn't have a first look at our wedding, we loved that Whitney was able to combine her vintage flair with modern conveniences. Throughout the wedding process we were easily able to communicate via email, text, phone, and even pinterest. Whitney was able to bring to life so many of our ideas and was a great collaborator when we were having trouble making a decision. Whitney also created our floral arrangements. Keeping our budget in mind, Whitney suggested that in order to achieve the lush, garden look we were going for, she could incorporate the bridesmaid's bouquets into the centerpieces (something I had never thought of or heard another florist suggest). On the morning of our wedding, Whitney hand delivered our bouquets, admitting she splurged (out of her own pocket) to incorporate some roses. My husband and I were so in love with the centerpieces that we brought them up to our room and enjoyed them for the next week, only throwing them away because we were leaving, not because they were dead!

Throughout the course of our wedding day, Tyler and I genuinely enjoyed getting to spend time with Whitney and Mike. They are both incredibly easy to be around and captured what felt like every moment of our wedding day while barely being noticed. Like most people, Tyler and I had never taken professional photographs, but Whitney and Mike made it easy for us to understand their direction and made sure above all else that we were enjoying our wedding and the first moments of becoming husband and wife. Although we didn't realize it at the time, Whitney and Mike captured our moments "alone" too, giving us some of our most favorite images from our wedding day. Thank you Whitney and Mike!!

Whitney Nichols Photography 12
    Whitney Nichols Photography 19
    Whitney Nichols Photography 20
    Whitney Nichols Photography 21

Anna · Married on 09/02/2017

Whitney has made my wedding dreams a reality and I am still amazed at the beauty she was able to capture. I could not be any happier. She has created memories that will last a lifetime and I couldn't have asked for anyone more friendly or talented to do the job! I can't thank or recommend Whitney Nichols enough.

Sent on 09/06/2017

Whitney Nichols Photography's reply:

Anna, I was just looking through your wedding photos because I want to use some of them when we re-brand our website this year...they continue to be some of my favorites ever! You are gorgeous and your wedding was breath taking. Thank you again for having us share in your big day and being so open to our creative ideas!!!

Samantha · Married on 08/13/2016

Whitney is absolutely wonderful to work with. She works to make sure that your pictures are exactly what you want. I have used her for my engagement photos, boudoir photos, and wedding photos and plan to have her take many more pictures in the future. She makes you feel comfortable and confident in every photo. I have loved every picture I have received. Whitney is absolutely amazing!

Melanie · Married on 08/06/2016

Whitney did an incredible job with our wedding photos. She made us feel very comfortable both during our engagement pictures and wedding day. She has a very good eye to detail; she even brought decorative props to enhance pictures of our rings and dresses. Her flexibility and her quick eye allowed for us to get the shots we wanted in a short time frame. She is by far the best in portrait shots. She was also willing to do our engagement pictures outside in sub zero temps! She was so creative with using my veil and how we pose. I was nervous about our large wedding party and ensuring the picture looked balanced and she quickly got everyone in position and it looked absolutely gorgeous! Her B&W photos are also so beautiful - unlike any other B&W photos I've ever seen. Whitney is FANTASTIC and captured moments throughout the wedding that no other photographer could get!

Sent on 09/03/2016

Whitney Nichols Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for this review Melanie! I just read it again today and it made my heart feel so full...I can't believe we're both married and "adulting" now, lol! Time goes by so fast! I'm so happy and honored to have been there for your big day...it was so special to me that you chose me to be there to capture it all. I can't thank you enough!

Chantalle · Married on 07/30/2016

Whitney Nichols photography is by far beyond spectacular- she takes the present and brings it back to time, making vintage and classic portraits! I was astounded by the results of the pictures and couldn't believe how wonderful they came out. I have have known Whitney for quite a few years and have always enjoyed her company and presence. She is an inspiring, creative, and truly exceptional photographer with many different talents! Her flexibility and versatile personality makes the photo shoot enjoyable with every moment joyous and fun. She put together her own flower bouquet and that too was astonishing! A florist, photographer, and makeup artist all in one! Who would want to look elsewhere. I highly recommend Whitney Nichols with absolute certainty you will be thankful you have chosen the perfect photographer. Thanks again Whitney!

-Chantalle

Sent on 07/18/2016

Whitney Nichols Photography's reply:

You are the sweetest, most beautiful person Chantalle. I love you! I hope you're enjoying your travel adventures! You are such a light...continue to shine!!!!

Michelle · Married on 05/29/2016

Our photography was hands down the best investment we made into our wedding plans...we were referred to Whitney after another photography cancelled on us (3 months before the wedding!)...thank goodness for that because Whitney ended up being exceptional. You won't be disappointed!

Hope · Married on 05/07/2016

From the first email to our most current correspondence (months after our wedding!), Whitney continues to be nothing short of amazing...she will go out of her way to make sure not only your photography needs are met, but that everything related to your wedding day goes smooth. She helped us research certain aspects of our wedding plans that we were unsure of, even though it was not her job to do so. On the day of the wedding, she was discreet with her camera, yet somehow was able to capture the most joyous, fun, and tender moments. Our portraits were phenomenal. Whitney brought her antique camera and set aside an entire hour for us to have our portraits taken by her. She is a true artist and our wedding photographs will forever be cherished.

Sent on 08/18/2016

Whitney Nichols Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Hope...I'll never forget your wedding! What a hilarious group of friends you have! Such a beautiful example of love.
  • O

Olivia · Married on 09/26/2015

Working with Whitney was so much fun! I didn’t spend a lot of time searching for a photographer because once I saw Whitney’s photos there was nothing to compare. Her style is romantic, vintage and very unique. From my first email to Whitney and ever since she is so friendly and thoughtful. She truly takes the time to get to know you. My husband and I are both people that avoid getting our picture taken on any given day, yet the hour we spent alone with Whitney on our wedding day was one of our most favorite memories! Her sense of calm and natural talent make any photo session flow effortlessly and feel very relaxing—we were at ease and very comfortable. After seeing my wedding photos for the first time I was blown away! I promise you—you will not be disappointed with Whitney as your photographer. I simply cannot wait to work with her again.

• I

Irene · Married on 08/22/2015

Whitney is such a sweet person, and AMAZINGLY talented! A lot of the local photographers lacked that certain artistic aspect that Whitney's photos have. Once I saw Whitney's photography, I knew right away that she was the photographer I needed - not a doubt in my mind!

To start: My sister wanted to help me cover the costs of the photography, so she emailed Whitney first. Right away, Whitney was so jolly, kind, and accommodating to our needs. Once I finally emailed her, I felt like a valued customer (even before we signed a contract) and I loved her enthusiasm and friendliness as we corresponded. Each emailed I received from Whitney was exciting and helpful! She had a lot of good ideas, and helped me think of my own ideas, as I did not know much about what to expect from a wedding photographer. A few months before the wedding, Whitney joined my husband, MOH, and myself in a Skype session. She was so patient and creative! She also brought up areas that my husband and I may have never thought of on our own, such as wedding day timeline, special picture ideas, and how we would go about organizing our large family for our photos. It was also reassuring when she would randomly email me to check in, and see if we had any questions or to let us know if we needed to provide certain information to her.

The wedding day: Whitney took beautiful photos of all the small details! We put a lot of DYI effort into this wedding, and Whitney made sure that nothing went unnoticed! She was super efficient and made sure that we were on-time and following our schedule. She was decisive, and told people where they needed to be, and how they should pose, depending on the picture. She was so creative, so each photo was different from one another, and just, really beautifully done. I cannot emphasize enough how grateful we are for everything Whitney had done for us! She wasn't just a photographer on our wedding day; she played a crucial role in our whole wedding-planning process!

Sent on 11/22/2015

Whitney Nichols Photography's reply:

Irene, your review continues to bring tears to my eyes each and every time I read it. I can't thank you enough. As a small business owner, it means the world to me to have such wonderful feedback. I'll never forget your wedding...it continues to be a shining example of what love truly is. Even now I'm getting a bit emotional thinking about it! Thank you for choosing me to be your photographer and having such faith in me as an artist. You are a beautiful soul!

Ani · Married on 08/15/2015

Whitney did an absolutely amazing job photographing our wedding in August. We are absolutely thrilled with the pictures!

What I like most about Whitney is her professionalism. Couple of months before the wedding we met to go through the details, and she tried to learn more about us in order to personalize the pictures. On the wedding day she was completely focused on what she was doing and she had so many creative takes on the typical wedding shots, which we loved.

From the very beginning, she answered all of our questions and was super responsive. She was prompt showing up on our wedding day, and did an awesome job capturing everything we asked her to, and all in between! We had a blast doing all different pictures with her…she is really creative and comes up with things you would never think of, and it’s amazing now that we saw the pictures how unique and how they reflect our personality. We were able to enjoy our entire ceremony without being pulled for pictures constantly and she continued to capture amazing moments throughout the reception! We really cannot thank Whitney enough for everything that day.

All the photos are incredible, and our friends & family keep saying how they love our pictures.

Thank you Whitney :).

Melissa · Married on 01/10/2015

Whitney has now worked with me for a total of 3 different shoots. The most recent shoot was with our newborn! Whitney's artistic style captures the beauty in pictures that I never new existed. She also is willing to do anything that you ask for. In our case we were crazy enough to try and get our entire family including our two dogs and baby all in a picture at once. And of course she was able to capture a perfect moment! Whitney is the best photographer and the images she captures are magical!

It was a pleasure to work with Whitney for our engagement photo session and wedding day. Her photos captured our personalities and her style suited our taste. She was flexible and even traveled to work with us. Our photos came out amazing!

Katie · Married on 07/12/2014

Whitney Nichols was absolutely amazing to work with when she did both my engagement photos and wedding photos. Being in front of a camera and looking normal was something I was very nervous about, but Whitney made this experience so easy. She gave me so many different poses, advice about when to laugh and when to smile, and how to turn perfectly to catch the most natural light.
    With Whitney's professionalism and planning, the day of my wedding went perfectly and she captured what seemed to be every moment. She shared 100's of digital files with me of all the great portraits along with action photos on the dance floor, giving me a wide variety of pictures.
    I would recommend Whitney Nichols Photography to any one, as Whitney catered to my every need. She will meet and talk to you many times before the wedding to ensure you get exactly what you want out of your photos. I am so glad she was apart of my special day. Thanks again, Whit, for everything!

Craig · Married on 07/12/2014

Whitney is an absolutely wonderful person to work with. She took photographs of my family and it was a fantastic experience full of laughter. I am a professional photographer myself and am very picky about who I turn to for photography. Whitey will surely be my go-to person for all future work.

Maddy · Married on 06/14/2014

Whitney is an absolutely wonderful photographer. She's fun and flexible to work with, super creative, and gives great direction so that we got the best photos possible. Some people--like me!--aren't naturals in front of a camera, but she made me feel at ease and told me exactly what way to tilt my head, where to put my hands, etc. so that the photos would look natural...and actually, stunning, if I do say so myself. :) She has a great eye and really captures the essence of an event, not missing a single important detail. The pricing is totally fair for such an outstanding product. We couldn't be happier with her services.

Kristin · Married on 10/29/2011

Whitney was amazing in capturing the feel of our wedding. She truly showcased the simple backyard wedding for what it was, the details and our love for each other. I still look at our photos and find something new to enjoy about each one. She is an amazing artist that put both of us at ease. Which is saying something, when the groom doesn't like to have his picture taken.

Jaymee · Married on 04/20/2011

Whitney Nichols Photography did our engagement photos and they turned out amazing! It was a blast she even helped us incorporate our dog into the photos. I still have one of the photos as my phone's lock screen (some 5 years later!)

My husband and I decided to elope. I bought a $50 vintage wedding dress off of ebay and set up a date with a little chapel in the heart of Gilbert, Az. That was it. That was all I had, but thanks to Whitney Nichols Photography I feel like I had an actual wedding. When I was lost with what to do about flowers she helped me arrange some prior to walking down the aisle. They were beautiful! She certainly has the magic touch! She helped me fashion my hair to suit my dress and assisted me with my make-up (I had no idea what I was doing, being the tom-boy that I am!) Whitney made me feel on the outside like the bride I was on the inside.... if not better!

I'm rather camera shy so I thought being the center of attention with a photographer buzzing around me would make me feel I wanted to go hide from embarrassment. Not with Whitney, though. I felt confident, I laughed, I tried posing in ways I would have never done before. I had fun and it was amazing. She had my husband and I dancing, swirling, relaxing, kissing, and everything else we could have imagined. It was a blessing to have her there to document this momentous occasion in both our lives. She made me feel beautiful and on your wedding day that's a necessary feeling!

Whitney has a stellar eye for detail! She is creative and professional, fun to be around, and knows exactly what she is doing. I wish we still lived near her - there are so many moments I would like to document and I can't imagine doing the photo shoots with anyone else!

I highly, highly recommend going with Whitney Nichols Photography for your wedding. You will NOT be disappointed!

Laura · event on: 05/03/2013

Not only did Whitney take my graduation photos, but she also did the photography for several photo shoots for a national Ann Taylor campaign that I worked on. She was always very timely, professional and consistent in her great photography.

Danielle · event on: 05/31/2013

Whitney is an extraordinary photographer! She will do anything and everything to make you feel happy, comfortable, and satisfied with her work. Her creativity and skillful planning is evident whether it be finding the perfect location or providing the perfect objects and props that add to your photos. I would highly recommend her any day.