Vali Entertainment Reviews

18 | Norwood, NJ

18 Reviews for Vali Entertainment

Annie · Married on 07/22/2017

Jimmy and his band made our wedding! The musicians and performance from Vali entertainment are off the charts. All of my guests were blown away with their ability to work a room and entertain, and their musical abilities. Our friends and family continue to tell us that it was the best band they've ever seen, even several weeks after our event. Even during the wedding, our parents' friends asked the band leads for their contact information so they can reach out when the time comes for their children to get married. Some of our friends said that they actually thought "Whitney" was in the room.

Coordinating with Jimmy throughout the planning process was a breeze, which really makes a difference and put us at ease. He was always very responsive and quick to get back to me, which was greatly appreciated. We are so grateful that they were available to play at our wedding. My husband is already trying to think about the next big life event where we might be able to use them again!

Sent on 09/02/2017

Gina and Alan · Married on 10/09/2016

Our choice of Pickimg a DJ over a band was by far the best choice. DJ MARTIN ....rocked the place!! We wanted a Party, not some stuffy Wedding. That is exactly what we got!! Can't say enough about DJ MARTIN...... He played everything on our list. "Best weddIng ever"was all we kept hearing,can't get any better that. By adding the percussionist to the DJ just made it even better......we felt like we get t the best of both worlds...... so if you're torn and cant decide, it's a great option that I've never seen before. The vibe was going the whole night,no breaks in the dancing and the party kept going.........so much,we extended it!! You won't be disappointed......... Would highly recommend Vali entertainment and DJ Martin. Thanks again for making our wedding GREAT!! Alan & Gna 10/9/16

Sent on 10/15/2016

Jessica · Married on 08/22/2015

BEST BAND EVER! We hired the Right Mix and they absolutely made our wedding. We got married in August of 2015 in NYC with almost 300 people. The dance floor was packed the entire night. Every time I looked around there was barely anybody sitting down. The song selection was perfect- there was something for everyone and they really engaged our guests. Our guests cannot stop raving about this band and several have asked for their contact information. Multiple people have said it was the best wedding band they have ever heard, they felt like they were at a concert and if they closed their eyes it was as if the actual singers were there. The vocalists were truly incredible.

I worked with John leading up to the wedding and he was great. He was extremely responsive, made great suggestions and was very accommodating. For our first dance, we surprised our guests with a fun dance in the middle of a slow song and they pulled it off seamlessly. The band's energy got the night off to an amazing start and everybody was sad to see it come to an end. It is truly difficult for me to put into words how great Vali and the Right Mix are. We want to have another party soon just to have them there. I would hands down recommend. They were above and beyond!

Sent on 10/09/2015

Amanda · Married on 08/08/2015

We picked Vali "Big Mix" band for our NJ wedding ceremony and reception.

How we found Vali: my cousin had another one of their bands "Right Mix" for her wedding. This was the first time I had seen a wedding band perform however there was one consistent take away from each of the guests we spoke to: "The band was excellent!" And truly was. Most of the guests were dancing the entire night, the band was engaging on the dance floor and overall the quality of their performance was excellent. Her sister got married later that year same venues, florist, same photographer so we presumed the same band. One thing was different about the two weddings and that was the energy l the band was giving off. They are still excellent but different than the first, just making an observation. The second wedding was still phenomenal! So on the search to find a wedding band we asked what band they used thinking it was the same. Long story short they indeed used different entertainment companies, so we went with the first most impressive Vali!

It was extremely easy getting in contact with the owner. He was amazing to work with. We drove into the city to meet with him but that was our choice as the customer. He works remotely.

We went with the "Big Mix" and could not be more ecstatic. We personally met with the band leader Joe who listened to event request and OVER DELIVERED. 1 week before the wedding we changed the song for our first dance and not only did they play it well but they ROCKED. Another testament to their quality was one of my bridesmaids who isn't a "dancer" told me that because the band was so awesome she danced to all but THREE songs. The majority of our guests stayed until the end where the band ended the night with a perfect sounded Frank Sinatra version of "New York, New York". Vali follows through on the excellent standard they promise to deliver. Choose them and people will also be telling u "that was the best wedding band I've ever seen."

Sent on 08/23/2015

sarah · Married on 05/31/2015

Vali's music made my wedding! What started out as the most stressful thing to plan, turned into the best part. I had a traditional Jewish wedding, followed by modern dancing, and I was torn between booking a "Jewish band" or a "mainstream band." Vali was able to deliver the perfect blend. My guests raved about the music, and many girls who got engaged have since asked me for Vali's information to book at their own weddings. They totally tailored the music to what we wanted and the quality of sound and professionalism was outstanding. They ended the night with the best song that meant so much to me and my husband, it's like they just knew based on our requests how to tailor the order of songs. At various times throughout the night my mother-in-law came to me and said "this music is just perfect for my Peter!" :) My only regret is not giving Jimmy a big hug at the end of the night, unfortunately I was swept away at the end of the night, but he was so fun to work with and I woke up the next morning thinking "I never thanked Jimmy!!"

Sent on 10/08/2015

amy · Married on 05/03/2014

FIND A WAY TO BOOK THIS BAND!!! The most incredible, talented band around ... we booked the 12 piece band for our wedding and all I can say is that they rocked the house!! Every single person loved them with many commented that "they felt like they were at a concert" ... one of our guests even said ... I just want to follow them around the country. Jimmy went out of his way to accommodate us and even brought in a 13th musician to perfectly tailor the evening's music. Are they on the expensive side ... yes. BUT THEY ARE WORTH EVERY SINGLE PENNY!!! Love this band!

Sent on 06/11/2014

Morgan · Married on 09/14/2013

MARTIN is a MUST if you are looking to have a fun wedding!!!! we have been married for 15 days now and our friends and family are still talking about how our wedding was the best wedding that they have ever been to...the word they use when describing our wedding is "EPIC"... and we owe much of this praise to our absolutely AMAZINGLY talented DJ....right after our guests joined us in dancing our first dance...the party started....I never saw a wedding where no one was sitting down...the music appealed to all ages and his talent and professionalism go above and beyond...so much so...that if we ever need a DJ for a family party...Martin is our man....he made our day unforgettable not only for us, but for all of our guests (a lot of which traveled from all over the world to be with us on our special day)...MARTIN MARTN MARTIN is a must!!!!

Sent on 09/29/2013

Jill · Married on 09/02/2012

Best band ever!!! We used vali at our wedding after my very picky friend recommended them. Well, my friend was right and we will never use another band again!! All of our guests danced the night away and were actually chanting "one more song" at the end of the night. Vali made our wedding a night to remember. John from vali was amazing to work with. He and his team made all of our requests a reality! We can't thank vali enough for their professionalism and unmatched talent.

Sent on 12/06/2012

Martin D'Arce, from Vali Entertainment was a fantastic DJ -- he got all of our guests up and dancing the entire night! What a great party!!

He is on the expensive side, but he was totally worth it. When our guests left our wedding, they left talking about the same 2 things everyone always remembers -- the great food and entertainment. Everyone had a blast, including me and my groom, and he played a great mix of music. He really met the needs of our crowd and played things he knew everyone would like. His colleague even took photos during the night and sent them to us.

Definately use Vali if you are looking for a great party that meets your needs dead on.

Sent on 08/06/2012

Roslynn · Married on 06/18/2012

We hired a band and DJ. They assisgned us a house DJ and band. I would recommend the main band if possible. The DJ they assigned was very new to the business but he managed to get us through the night. Overall, the music was great. Not one guest was sitting throughout the wedding during dance time. We would have like the band to play more during the sit down dinner - they had the DJ play some back ground music. I hired an additional "bongo"player to add that "Miami" feel toward the end of the wedding and everyone went wild over it. He walked through the dance floor and let the guests play the bongo and it added the additional touch that I was looking for.

Sent on 06/21/2012

Erica · Married on 06/02/2012

Best. Band. EVER.

After hearing this band play at our friend's wedding, we knew we had to have them as well. They are a truly talented team of musicians and our guests are still talking about the band and the incredible selection of songs they played! I would recommend Vali Entertainment to anyone getting married!

Sent on 07/10/2013

Heather · Married on 05/29/2011

best band ever! they made the party.. everyone was dancing the whole night! they sound just like the real songs.. best experience and everyone has commented since how great the band was!!

Sent on 07/19/2011

Over a year later, I still have people asking me for the name of the band we used and commenting on how they put on the best performance at our wedding. John was truly the best to work with! The best part of our wedding for sure. They played every range of music from Rolling Stones to Frank to Rhianna and Katie Perry. No one sat down! You and your guests will be blown away!

Sent on 07/09/2012

Christine · Married on 01/02/2010

Vali came recommended by my mother’s hairdresser who used them for three weddings for her own children. Anyway, my mother and I went into their Manhattan Location to meet with Veronica. She showed us a dvd and I was blown away. I know some people would prefer to see them in person but the dvd was just AMAZING. We booked on the spot. Two weeks prior I met with our band leader John who was so nice and really listened to what we wanted. My husband loves classic rock and I pretty much love all music. Well the day of we were just blown away yet again. Every single person who left the wedding RAVED about the band. A lot of people kept saying how sometimes wedding bands aren’t that great, but they were nothing short of phenomenal. They played a good variety of music and kept the dance floor packed all night. Vali was probably one of my top favorite vendors and I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 06/29/2010

Matt · Married on 08/26/2017

Shawn was the DJ at our wedding. What we wanted most was a dance party and he delivered! We met with Shawn and were in communication with him prior to the wedding so that he could have a good sense of what kind of music we wanted. He got to know us and our personalities and that was very much reflected in his set. He was very open to our suggestions and even put in an extra effort to edit our first dance and hora songs just as we wanted them. Overall, it was a great experience working with Shawn and he definitely brought his own personal touch to help create the kind of party we were hoping for.

Sent on 10/08/2017

Evan · Married on 08/03/2014

I used DJ Shawn Keitt. He was an excellent wedding DJ. He worked with me on a song to help customize my entrance to walk down the aisle. Our guests really had a positive response to it. At the reception, he had a diverse selection of music that catered to both families. I would highly recommend him if you're looking for someone to DJ your wedding.

Sent on 03/05/2016
  • amber

amber · Married on 10/05/2012

Vali Entertainment is amazing. Martin was there for us every step of the way. We absolutely loved Uptown Mix and we even had a rapper. They were such a great band. At one point everyone was just watching the stage like at a real concert. Truly amazing! I would totally recommend these guys to anyone looking to throw a rocking party.

Sent on 11/09/2012

3.8
      3.0
      3.5
      3.0

The musicians and performance from Vali entertainment is AMAZING. Really. I couldn't have been more pleased. All of my guests were blown away with their unique sound and ability to work a party.

John, who I dealt with for business matters, was a bit more difficult. Be sure to have in writing that there are no additional "add-on" charges. Also, be sure that you have someone else to advise on best practice for sound in your space. He is not a sound engineer. If you settle those two pieces, Vali will make any room a memorable party.

Sent on 09/06/2015