170 Reviews for Tom Gavin's DJ Delights

Photobooth (2)
Uplighting (2)
Projector (1)
170 Tom Gavin's DJ Delights Reviews

We were able to book them through our venue and everything went perfect. Easy submissions form, responsive staff and our guests commented for days how much fun they had!!

Profile Picture User7348406, Recently Married, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System
1.6

While the DJs did a nice job at our daughter's wedding, they played the wrong version of the song for her to walk down the aisle. But more importantly, two unauthorized debits were made to our account resulting in overpayment of the contract by $801. After the first of these debits in April, our daughter spoke with Tom after playing telephone tag for weeks and he assured her this would be rectified. After the second of these in June, multiple phone calls were made with no response, including after the wedding on October. Only by calling in December as if to hire as a new customer did Tom return our call. He assured we would hear back within 2 days and it would be taken care of. After a week we have still not heard back. Great DJs, terrible business practices.

Profile Picture Curtis, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I played phone tag a few times with Tom but once I was able to talk to him he was very professional and assured me of any worries I had. Initially I was worried about hiring this company since i'm from the Caribbean and wanted Reggae and Soca music but DJ Li did an amazing job switching from relaxing Reggae beats to Soca and other current songs. He had everyone out on the dance floor partying it up and dancing the night away but I wish he played at least 1 or 2 slow songs.

Profile Picture Peta, 9/16/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Sound/PA System
2.1

He is a true salesman and sells himself perfectly. Don’t fall for it! He tried to back out of doing our wedding and providing us with a backup. This was unacceptable to me and after looking further into his reviews, it looks like it’s a trend of his. We asked for NO classical music but he was playing it during our food service, I had to ask him to change to the type of music and the list we gave him. I think he must have forgotten it because he wasn’t playing what we asked for. Our guests were complaining and kept requesting songs. He swore he was an interactive dj, we didn’t see that at all, all he did was stand behind his gear and look around. We had planned to do the bouquet toss and garter toss. He apparently forgot that we wanted to do thit garter toss and he only mentioned the bouquet toss. Do NOT hire, you will be totally disappointed.

Profile Picture Kimberly, 9/9/17, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

We booked Tom for our Event at Celebrations at the Bay in Pasadena and he was fantastic!! Through the planning stages of the event he was very informative, answered every question we had, and was very engaging. Throughout the process Tom became a friend of ours. The night of the wedding was great! Tom was very adaptive to the crowd and was able to play great music all night!! He even brought a photo booth with him, which the guests absolutely loved!!! Keep up the great work tom!

Steph & Mike 9/23/16

Profile Picture Mike, 9/23/16, 1 Review

Hey Tom,

Thanks so much for being apart of our big wedding day and providing some awesome music. We enjoyed having you there and keeping the guest dancing and entertained. I was afraid no one would get up and dance but we had a great time on the dance floor even some non-dancers shocked me. I will recommend you to everyone I know and don't know. You are fabulous and awesome!!! Thanks again!

Deb & Vince

Profile Picture Deborah, 8/8/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Highly recommend. Lives up to his name. Delightful to work with and we were very pleased with the outcome. For our daughters wedding over Memorial Day weekend at Celebrations at the Bay, Tom provided DJ and hosting services for the reception, photo booth with memory book, initial up-lighting for specialty dances, and music and sound systems for the ceremony and cocktail hour. Everyone was up dancing all night. We we offering an early bus back to the base hotel after the cake cutting and not a single person left. His planning web site is easy to use and very helpful in putting together the ceremony, and reception timeline and play lists. He was very helpful and responsive in individualizing our party, For example, we wanted to do a fun mix for the first and father daughter dances and he cut the mixes perfectly and provided us with copies so we could do some advance practice. When we were stuck on what to do with some of the ceremony music, he provided some suggestions which work beautifully. It is also very useful that he is very familiar with the wedding venues along the Chesapeake especially those operated by Catering by Uptown (Celebrations, Anchor Inn and Villa). Cannot recommend more highly.

Profile Picture Bruce, 5/28/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: MC, Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

From the first time we contacted Tom, it was evident that he was a true professional. He came out to our home to discuss wedding details, gave us advice when we asked for it, and even created a few smash up songs that we wanted to do to throw some fun into the traditional dances. We asked him to keep the party going non stop and he most certainly delivered. The photo booth was nice, although the frames snapped really quickly so all the photos look the same He even did the shoe game for us! I had at least 10 different people tell me that it was the best party they had been to. My husband and I had a great time, and so did our family and friends.

Profile Picture Amy, 5/28/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Photobooth, Projector, Sound/PA System, MC

Our venue, Celebrations at the Bay, recommended Tom G. and we were not disappointed! Tom and I met with Tom G. and right away knew that we would have a memorable night. Tom G. is very down to earth and is very workable with music selections, we were able to customize our entire list from ceremony through reception. He is always ready with suggestions and has an extensive list of popular music but was very accommodating to our personalities. Everyone is still talking about how great the music was and our dance floor was always full! He was wonderful in keeping things moving and making sure guests knew what was happening next. Even at the end of the night, he made sure everyone got a sparkler and made their way outside to meet Cesar for our "sparkler send-off." Our night was amazing, we only wish we had a little more time!

Profile Picture Larra, 5/27/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

We hired DJ Delights for our 50th Wedding Anniversary Party. It consisted of an aggressive five hour agenda of welcoming greetings, religious service, home videos, formal dinner, family skit and group dancing built into a wedding reception format. Tom did the DJ piece personally and also participated in one of the musical skits. He did an excellent job during the entire event. He was appropriately visible, very personable, and his presence added to the party.

Our music selections covered seven decades; from the Mills Brothers to the McGuire Sisters, through Andy Williams to Kenny Loggins (Footloose). Tom played the mix perfectly. I received several comments DURING the party as to the appropriateness and quality of the music selections. There was NOT one song played that we did not request.

From initial contact through the planning process and even party follow-up, we found DJ Delights to be Professional, Responsive, certainly Flexible, delivering a Quality Product at a fair Price.
We would not hesitate to hire Tom again.

Profile Picture User6905473, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
3.6

We loved Tom. Tom was on point. He would always return calls. Email was hit or miss. He was able to get all the music we requested, and did a really fabulous job with the ceremony and the music for the ceremony. Our biggest complaint was that, when we hired Tom, and every time we talked to him leading up to our wedding, he PROMISED us HE would be the DJ working our wedding. The WHOLE wedding.

Imagine my surprise when I noticed during the reception that Tom was, in fact, NOT the DJ at the reception. He had left sometime after the bridal party was introduced, leaving a different DJ in his place. The DJ who took Tom's place had no real sense of timing and his awareness of what was going on was less than stellar. He played the cake cutting music without adequately announcing that the cake was going to be cut (seriously, we specified that the music was to be played WHILE the cake was being cut, not while the bride and groom made their way from opposite sides of the building to the cake), made no effort to get people on the dance floor, played the last dance of the night without even checking to see if my husband and I were even in the reception space, let alone together to dance to it, and then just stopped playing music without making it clear the reception was over.

While Tom's services were great, my husband and I were not thrilled that he disappeared and left in his place someone we had never met nor even been forewarned would be working our wedding--after we repeatedly verified that Tom and Tom alone would be working the wedding--and we were even less pleased that this replacement DJ was not even close to being as qualified or capable as Tom. Several guests even commented on their confusion with the DJ/emceeing/transitions/etc. Our wedding wasn't ruined, but we were less than pleased with the service. Had we known this was going to happen, I doubt we would have hired DJ Delights.

Profile Picture User5096005, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System
0.5

If I could give them NO stars I would! Tom Gavin is the worst business man I have EVER dealt with. He negated on 2 contracts and still owes me $100 that I will NEVER see so I am writing this review that I signed a waiver that I would not IF he paid me the refund he owed me. He has NOT paid me in full and I have given him over 6 months to do so. All bets are off. He was supposed to supply a photo booth and they did not do anything properly and only 15 pictures were taken all night during my Daughter and Son-In-Law's wedding. He agreed that they did not do the job. It took over a year to contact him and get him to agree to "reduce the price" and give us a refund that he has been making payment on!!!! STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS BOZO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Profile Picture Jocelyn, 4/24/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

One of the best decisions we made was booking DJ Delights. Tom is just phenomenal! We couldn't have had a better DJ. We wanted a lot of spanish songs played at our wedding since at least half of our guests were hispanic and Tom delivered. Everyone had a great time and danced the night away. I would definitely recommend him for any event.

Profile Picture Jeannette, 4/15/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Tom Gavin is a legitimate DJ interested in providing you with the music and experience YOU want. We've all been to weddings where the DJ didn't have a song you wanted played, or refused to play some music. This is not the case with Tom, he took the time to speak with me over the year lead up to my wedding so that he would have the music my wife and I wanted played. His day of professionalism was superb! He was ready to go when we arrived at the venue and played great dance music start to finish, as well he did a great job as an MC directing our guests as the venue hosted everything from our ceremony through to the reception. I would heartily recommend Tom and his DJ team to any couples that want an amazing evening with the music and pace that you want not what the DJ thinks is best. I would lastly like to note that his price was well below any of the other vendors I got quotes from for a lot more. His package included the audio for all the event (had our string quartet mic'd & our officiant, plus the dance floor), up lighting and he was willing to stay until our time at the venue ended which was slightly beyond what would have fit in his basic contract. Tom was a pure professional and executed everything we asked for to a high level.

Profile Picture Zachariah, 4/9/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, MC

My Wedding is April 8 2016. Although my day has not yet arrived I have no doubt Tom Gavin will make my Wedding and Reception the most remarkable and memorable! His personality is off the charts amazing along with his Sidekick (Wife :-)) I can't wait until the real planning begins and am so thankful I found DJ Delights

Profile Picture User4737923, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
2.9

From the start, I could tell I was going to have trouble with this DJ company. My reception venue had recommended him and my wedding planner said that I would get a call or email from the DJ within a few weeks of signing the contract. After months of not hearing anything, I gave Tom Gavin a call and left him a voicemail. Two weeks went by and I still had not gotten a phone call back from him, so I called again. Tom answered the phone this time and said he was driving but he said he would call me back as soon as he got back to the office. Again, I never heard back from him. At this point, we were less than a month until the wedding and the DJ still didn't have my song list for the first dance/last dance, etc. I called Tom again, spoke with him about the changes made to the first and last dance songs, and he seemed to have downloaded the songs and made the changes. Unfortunately, the day of the wedding, the wrong song was played during the first dance AND the last dance, even after the groom had approached the DJ during the reception to prevent the wrong song from being played twice. Needless to say, I would never recommend this company to anyone.

Profile Picture User5065477, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

We originally were going to have one of our friends DJ at our wedding. We met Tom at the venue of our wedding, while we were doing food tastings. We told him that we already had a DJ, but we still talked and laughed and he answered a lot of questions that we had about setup and layout, and how things would work, and at the end, he gave us his card in case we had any more questions. Lo and behold, at the last minute (3 weeks before the ceremony), we had to find a new DJ. We called Tom late on a Saturday night, and he responded immediately, and we sat down with him two days later to go over the ceremony, reception, and pricing.

Tom was absolutely AMAZING. He was so helpful and was perfectly happy to do any last minute changes, even at the reception! (He even stayed an extra hour for us!) He was a wonderful voice of the wedding, and everyone had a great time. I would highly recommend him to anyone!

Profile Picture Bonnie, 3/19/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, MC

We booked our DJ through our venue, and he was FABULOUS!!! We did not do any fancy shamncy stuff, just ceremony and reception music, and our venue MC's. Everything music-wise was executed perfectly at our ceremony and reception. All of the most important (and fun) songs that we and our guests requested for the reception were played, and then some! The music during the pre-ceremony, cocktail, dinner, cake cutting, etc. that we didn't specify but asked to use best judgment, was amazing! Thank you so much, we could not have been happier and we really appreciate your services! :-)

Profile Picture Elise and, 10/17/15, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

We ended up winning 3 free hours of music at a wedding show from DJ Delights, but we loved them so much that we would have paid full price if we hadn't won. Tom and his team were amazing with the music production during our ceremony and reception. The DJ played our songs that we requested and ensured that the liveliness of our dance floor continued all night long. At the end, he even made us a CD of the songs used throughout the night which was a great surprise!

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/26/15, 9 Reviews
Category: DJ

Tom did the music for our wedding on September 19th. He is the preferred DJ at our wedding venue (Celebrations at the Bay) and we definitely saw why! After we signed our contract with him, he met with us at our apartment to go over what music we were interested in for our wedding. The day of, he played exactly what we wanted and I got many compliments throughout the night on him. The only issues we had were that he said the best man's name wrong after his speech, and the music was played really loud during dinner and we did have to ask multiple times to have it turned down.
Other than that we were very pleased with Tom and would recommend him for other weddings.
Thanks Tom!

Profile Picture User4698114, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Tom Gavin, of DJ Delights was amazing. We talked on the phone, he listened to what type of Vow Renewal we were having. He was there at the venue on time setting up his equipment. I had special songs requested for coming down the aisle and and for leaving the ceremony. He made sure he played every song I requested. He even played the last song, that we texted him at 10pm the night before our vow renewal day.
He was wonderful to our guests request, and knew what to play to keep the dancers on the floor. He has a great voice, too - full of excitement! I would highly recommend Tom Gavin, of DJ Delights!

Profile Picture Jackie, 8/22/15, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

We booked DJ Delights because my in-laws are close with Tom Gavin. I am SO glad that we did. Tom is great! He made our experience personal and customized. He offered uplighting and a photobooth! We decided to get uplighting and it was beautiful. It really made our venue look special.
He has no limits on his music selection. He played every song we requested and even accommodated a last minute change to the introduction song. He was also a great MC. He really knew how to read the crowd and keep everyone having fun. I would definitely recommend him.

Profile Picture shaina, 7/10/15, 7 Reviews
3.5

I met Tom and his fiancée at a wedding expo, and he gave me some sample CDs (1). I called Tom (2) after a month had gone by and my fiancé hadn't heard from any of his DJ friends. We set up a meeting and he emailed me links to video testimonials (3). At the meeting, he talked his talk, telling us his price (4) and letting us know what his services included (5). In my super stressed state, I pleaded with my fiancé to sign before we really even read the contract (totally my fault). Tom thanked us, paid for our meal and said he'd be in touch (6).
1) My husband and I are Black, and the CDs he gave us were "Urban" and "R&B." :/ Our favorite bands are Queen, Heart and Journey.
2) Tom said he would call us to chat and give us names of officiants, but did not.
3) The satisfied customers were all Black couples. :/
4) He said that certain customers from certain areas (not ours) were willing to pay for quality. It was a sneaky tactic to make us seem cheap, and it worked even though I recognized it.
5) He said a lot, such as "I'm coming to the rehearsal" and "I'm sure I can play music outside" even though our venue explicitly prohibited amplified music outdoors. Of course, he did not come to the rehearsal because he had other events and I hired a ceremony musician in order to avoid problems.
6) From February to the first week of May, the only time I got a call from Tom was when there was a balance due. I emailed him about music selections, called him to ask questions, but still nothing. I brought this up and he tried to argue, saying he did call. And more than a week after I paid in full, I'm still waiting on a receipt.

The day of, he and his fiancée were there early, smiling, and completely accommodating. The timing of everything kept changing, and they went with the flow. So day of, 5/5. Everything else...meh. I wish we could've hired Davis DJs since they had a great deal going and have a better reputation.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Stephanie, 5/10/15, 11 Reviews
Category: DJ

Tom - thanks to you and your team for providing exactly the type of entertainment we were looking for on our wedding day! You were so attentive and professional, and I look forward to recommending you to other brides and grooms.

Profile Picture Jessica, 5/2/15, 2 Reviews
3.6

We had Tom DJ our wedding ceremony and reception. We found Tom Gavin's DJ Delights from a venue recommendation. I wish we had interviewed more DJs because while Tom was very nice and professional, I don't think he was a good fit for our wedding. He seemed to spend a lot of time promoting the venue throughout the reception. Many of our guests assumed that he was the venue's standard DJ and were very very surprised that we picked him because of how often he plugged the venue. Additionally we selected a lot of music through the website (the website probably needs to be revamped because it is very difficult to add songs to) that reflected our tastes (soft rock). Most of this music was played throughout the lunch and when the dancing came it was all songs that both my husband and I didn't care for (all current pop). We still danced and had fun with our family and friends but we would have liked our favorite songs played during the dancing portion.

During our first dance, Tom played a remix of the song we selected instead of the original that we wanted. Additionally there was a point when a song we thought we put on the do not play list was played and our friends went to tell Tom that both the bride and groom did not want to hear this song. It took 2 separate requests to get him to switch the song.

Overall I thought Tom was very professional, but I would not use his services again.

View Vendor Response