Toast Catering and Event Management Reviews

View more information

• Kimberly
    Kimberly K. Married on 09/10/2021

Incredible food and service

My husband is Mexican and when we saw the menu that Toast prepared for us we were sold. Chicken mole, tequila potatoes, camerones a la diabla, the most incredible corn salad. In fact the tasting was so good we told our photographer that we needed to take all the photos early so that we didn’t miss any of the food. Highly recommend Toast & working with Alicia.
  • Jillian
    Jillian M. Married on 06/12/2021

Delicious Food and Outstanding Service

Alicia was amazing to work with and helped us curate our individually-boxed catering menu for both my bridal shower and our wedding. She was reliable, available, and flexible. She was prepared with ideas and answers to our questions to help us choose the best options for our occasions. Alicia went above and beyond in recommending a custom-print tote bag vendor and providing us the dimensions of the boxed food so we could wow our guests. She even put together activities and goodies for our guests with children. The presentation and quality of food was excellent - everything was delicious and held up well in the containers. Friends, Family, and especially the Bride & Groom greatly enjoyed all of the food. Highly recommend Toast!!
    Elanah E. Married on 10/30/2020

Loved everything about Toast!

I worked with Alicia to cater my intimate family wedding, and it was an incredible experience! After rescheduling and downsizing my wedding because of COVID, we had to find a new caterer and my planner immediately recommended Toast.

Alicia worked with us to develop a menu that we loved, and even created a special separate menu for the vegans in our family. We did an at-home tasting, delivered by her team, and had such a hard time picking our favorites. Highly recommend the truffle mac n cheese balls, butternut squash ravioli, and mango spring rolls, but honestly you can’t go wrong with any dish! Alicia was very easy to work with and accommodating with our requests.

The day of, everything ran so smoothly. The team followed all COVID procedures — they wore masks, shields, and gloves — and we all felt very safe. We recognize and appreciate that the team took this very seriously, which was really important to us.

The House Manager/Captain, Walter, could not have been more perfect. He was warm and friendly, attentive, and overall a joy to work with. He constantly checked in on all of us to make sure we were set with drinks and food, and we truly felt taken care of.

Toast is definitely who we’re going to for catering any future event!
  • Rana
    Rana S. Married on 09/29/2019

The best, simply

If I could give more than 5 stars, I would. Flexibility: were totally cooperative and understanding about last minute changes and more than accommodating. Generosity: the rating was phenomenal. They served us full size portions and we had enough left overs to take home to both our parents. We even went in for a second tasting! Price: beyond reasonable!! And the most important part, the staff. My-dung is my favorite human. She was sweet, knowledgeable, professional and patient. She made it easy. The staff was more than accomadating and generous. Each of our guests made comments about how their glasses were never empty. The food was more than people can eat! I'm pretty sure the appetizers were more than people could eat and the main entree was insanely generous. I just can't say enough about this company I love them and they made our wedding amazing
  • Kelsey
    Kelsey Married on 09/14/2019

Clear, Responsive, Delicious

Looking for a caterer with reasonable prices was a nightmare, so I'm so thankful we found Toast. The team took the time to run through a phone call with me, send me estimates of past meals at my venue (Thomas Fogarty Winery), directed me to their menus online with prices outlined (SUPER HELPFUL), and hosted my fiance and I in their beautiful space for the most filling experience of my life. When I say they gave us full portions, I'm not lying. We were served 30 bite-size appetizers, wine, the best salad ever, 3 full entrees, and sides. Amazing. Can't wait to see what our guests think of the food next year, and I'm looking forward to working with Toast up to that point.
    Am C Married on 10/01/2018

Amazing service, food, and value

Best decision we made!

The tasting made it a no brainer; we were wined and dined and sent home with all the leftovers, which were still delicious days later.

Throughout planning, they were incredibly thoughtful, helpful, and flexible. I started our final walkthrough a ball of nerves but they were so professional and on top of it all that I left feeling much more relaxed about the whole thing.

On the wedding day, the food was as good as we remembered, and the service was *impeccable*. The groom and I finished our photos early, so we took a moment to ourselves in the photographers car parked in the back of the venue. The catering lead saw us sitting outside of the kitchen, and came out with champagne and plates full of appetizers :)

Also worth mentioning that their prices were much more reasonable than other caterers, and I think their service and food is still better than the pricier options.

I couldn't recommend Toast highly enough!
  • B. Gomer
    B. Gomer Married on 09/15/2018

Such a wonderful experience that produced everything we could have asked for from our wedding caterer.

We could not possibly have asked for more from My-Dung and the Toast team. They absolutely exceeded our expectations as our wedding caterer. Their food was absolutely delicious and their reception set up + flip was flawless. My-Dung went so far in creating a new custom vegetarian entree for my wife.

Everything about Toast is exactly what you would want from a wedding caterer: Attentive, flexible, stress-free, and incredibly kind.
    Lexie Married on 08/11/2018
    Toast catered our wedding at Trentadue Winery in Geyserville in August. We cannot say enough positive things about them! I found out about Toast after our friends used them for their wedding the previous summer, and they were the first vendor I reached out to after booking our vendor (actually, in all honesty, I think I reached out to them before even booking a venue). Our guests were RAVING about the food. They are still talking about it to this day. We had an amazing assortment of appetizers, and then did a buffet for dinner. It all was incredible!

Throughout the process, My-Dung was amazing to work with. She was professional, communicative and kind. She was exceptionally organized and helped make all of our requests a reality (read: tray passed pizza and mini burritos as late night snacks).

Toast is also very reasonably priced, and their food is the best that I've ever had at a wedding.

Thank you, Toast!
    Sarah Married on 09/30/2017
    Toast was absolutely awesome. For our wedding a couple weeks ago at Thomas Fogarty Winery, they were totally organized, everything was DELICIOUS, and we kept getting comments from our guests about how much they loved the food. I'll point out two things that really set them apart from other caterers we looked at:
    1. everything is itemized. You know exactly where your money is going, and that really helps you budget appropriately. They help you choose your rentals, are very open about cost, which provides a lot more flexibility and transparency than vendors who give a flat rate per person.
    2. They were completely professional and knew exactly what they were doing. I didn't have a wedding planner, which I know means there were probably a lot of questions I should have thought about but didn't (especially about where things should go at the end of the night, etc) but they handled it all and saved what they thought I might want saved and didn't really bother me while I was having an amazing time at the wedding! But when I did need them, I felt like I could talk to anyone on staff and whatever issue could be quickly solved (like when I needed someone to find the leader of our band to get speeches going, I just asked one of the staff).
    It was all so much easier than it could have been. They even had an interactive map of tables that I could adjust online before the event. All in all, I would definitely recommend this lovely, friendly, professional company!
    Kaitlin Married on 07/15/2017
    I got married in July at Nestldown and chose Toast as my caterer per the venue's recommendation. Toast was amazing to work with!!!! My main contact was Ashley and she was extremely responsive and professional throughout the whole process. The food was delicious and the presentation was beautiful. Our guests raved about how great the food and the service was. In fact, one of my bridesmaids was so impressed that she decided she is going to use Toast for her 2018 wedding. Also, their pricing is extremely fair and includes a lot. I researched a lot of caterers and found Toast to be one of the best prices for how much it includes (used them for all food, alcohol, and linens). I highly recommend using Toast for your next event!
    Elina Married on 10/09/2016
    Toast was fantastic! From day one, Ashley and Jim were incredibly responsive and helpful. We didn't have a wedding planner, and were planning a California wedding from New York, and Ashley and Jim went above and beyond to answer all of our questions (and we had many) about the venue, the timeline, logistics, decor, etc. We were only going to be in California for a couple days over New Years, and they made sure we were able to fit in a food tasting while we were in town. Their food was delicious, and they had a large variety for us to choose from. So many guests told us after the fact how impressed they were by the food versus what you would usually expect to get at weddings. They were also super accommodating of people's dietary needs (vegetarian, vegan, etc). On the day of, they were extremely attentive to me as the bride. I lost count of the number of times Walter checked in on me to make sure I was doing okay, brought me straws so that I could drink champagne without ruining my makeup, made sure the groom and I ate before we went into the reception, and said goodbye right before we left with a wonderful care package of food for us to eat back at the hotel. Everything went seamlessly, the food was served on time without delay, and all of the staff was friendly and professional. Would very highly recommend them!
    Ben Married on 10/09/2016
    Toast was incredible throughout the entire planning process. Ashley and Jim were always available to answer our million questions, the food was legitimately amazing, and the servers/bartenders were personable and made sure all the guests were taken care of (Walter in particular was fantastic).

Nearly 2 months after our wedding day, and I still have friends telling me how good the food was, and not any dish in particular, but all of them. We had one guest bail out at the last minute, so there was an extra chicken dish at one of the tables. The other guests at the table devoured it (including the hors d'oeuvres and salad) , and left nothing to waste!

I would recommend Toast to anyone getting married, you will not be disappointed.
  • User2568069 2+ years ago
    Our tasting was wonderful! All of the food we asked to try was prepare and ready for us to taste. We had a hard time narrowing down our selections since everything was so good!

Their options for the bar are amazing and they have the best prices out of all of the vendors I researched for an open bar with glassware and bartenders included!
    Janet Married on 07/02/2016
    Jim and Ashley from Toast Catering catered our wedding on July 2, 2016 at Kohl Mansion. Ever since our tasting with Toast on 12/30/15 we have LOVED their food and just the warmth and kindness they showed during the tasting. They didn't seem pretentious or snobby. Toast did not disappoint on the day of the wedding. We received SO MANY compliments during, and after our wedding, on how beautiful the food stations we had were set up and presented, the amount of food on their plate during the reception and how delicious everything was. They were able to work with me to customize our cocktail hour to provide a raw oyster bar station (from Hog Island Oyster Co.) with jumbo shrimp cocktails, and they also made my dim sum station happen by working with the best Chinese restaurant in the Bay Area, Koi Palace. Guests loved loved loved the oysters and dim sum. The passed hors d'oeuvres we so delicious too!! They brought a plate up to our bridal suite while we were waiting for the reception to begin and our whole wedding party devoured them and all thought it was so tasty. Our 4 passed hors d'oeuvres were: caprese skewers, mini Reuben sandwiches, mini beef wellingtons, and tuna tartare on a garlic crisp won ton. The cocktail hour food stations were: fruit and cheese, charcuterie , dim sum, and oyster raw/shrimp bar. Entrees were: Stuffed chicken, Chilean sea bass, and short ribs. I also had a dessert station which everyone compliment and raved about the macaroons and various mini desserts.

Jim and Ashley were AMAZING to work with. I was planning my wedding in California while living in New York City and they were so responsive and accommodating to my schedule when I was in town. They really worked with my schedule and time do to the tasting and final walk through at Kohl so we all knew where things would. They would be super responsive to emails and changing invoices or amounts to reflect the most updated price so we were never surprised.
    Megan Married on 04/09/2016
    Hiring TOAST was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Jim and Ashley were great. They helped us every step of the way and Jim even walked me through the very overwhelming process of choosing our rentals. We had a delicious tasting meal and definitely had a hard time choosing what we wanted as everything was so delicious. On the day, Jim was there and the entire meal went perfectly. Everything was amazing and we got lots of compliments on the food. Thank you so much TOAST!
  • Cody & Gordon
    Cody Married on 03/28/2015
    Hiring Jim and Ashley for our wedding was like winning the vendor lottery. They are fantastic. They were willing to help with all sorts of aspects of the wedding: giving suggestions on vendors, helping to communicate with the venue, working through the timeline together, and they went with us to the rental company and helped pick out all the rentals and included them in their contract (one less contract for us). And the food was excellent. I honestly wouldn't have even cared if it was just mediocre at that point because they were so great to work with, but many people came up to me to tell me how great the food was. It was just as good as when we tried it at our two free tastings - which is no small feat when they're turning out 180 meals. All the staff on the day of were very helpful and professional. They helped trouble shoot small problems and make sure everything was set up perfectly. They even set up a drink station outside by the ceremony which was a surprise. On the bar they set up a tower of wine glasses on either side for effect. It was incredible! AND they were the least expensive catering option on the list of approved caters from the Presidio in San Francisco. Can't recommend them enough :)
    Morgan Married on 11/08/2014
    We hired Toast to cater our wedding that was a few weeks ago and I still can't believe how flawless the night was. I'm just so incredibly happy that we hired them. Let's start from the beginning. We got married in the Presidio and in the beginning we thought it would be easiest to use the new presidio catering team. That ended up not working out so we went back to the preferred caterer list the Presidio offered us. We looked at a few websites, but Toast's stood out the most. I shot them and email and the response time was awesome. We set up a time for My mother, father, fiance, and I to meet with them at their test kitchen. Their showroom was so beautiful. We met Jim and Ashley there and they are such an awesome Father/ daughter team. We tested out 7 appetizers, a salad, and 3 entrees with 3 sides. I wish we could of had all of them at the wedding. Everything we tried was delicious. We ended up choosing the Goat cheese Crostini, A vegetarian version of the stuffed mushrooms, The bruschetta, and the crab cakes for the appetizers. Then for entrees with got the Chicken with chantrelle mushroom sauce with Roasted potatoes, New york strip steak with mashed potatoes, and the vegan mushroom. At the wedding we had so many compliments on all of the food. Everyone was so happy with what they got. Also I want to mention how wonderful the event staff was. At the wedding they were attentive and organized. They assigned My husband and I a person (I wish I could remember his name) to make sure we had food and something to drink, he was amazing. I am so glad they did that because most brides say they never get to eat any of the food. Jim, Ashley, and their whole Toast team were so wonderful and would recommend them to anyone!!!!
    Alicia Married on 10/11/2014
    TOAST IS THE BEST!!

Toast catered our wedding at Nestldown just last month, and it was really wonderful! We HIGHLY recommend Toast! The food is really delicious, Jim is an absolute pleasure to work with, and the price is incredible! And they were happy to meet some of our unusual requests; like a bunch of to go dinners for fasting guests.

We had a fusion wedding, and they were able to pair up with a local Indian restaurant: Roti to provide both American and Indian cuisine! I know Roti does not have the best ratings as a restaurant, but they did a great job providing some Indian dishes to Toast!

Jim is what makes Toast incredible, though! He is very sweet and supportive and fun! We actually had fun picking out our table linens because of him! Our tasting was also really really enjoyable. It is very obvious that Jim is a caterer because he LOVES to cook, and that is evident in the high quality of his service.

Also, let me reiterate, his prices are incredible! Very reasonable, and his food is so much better than a lot of the other caterers out there....

HIRE TOAST!
    Laura Married on 09/30/2012
    They were amazing!!! They made accommodations for food allergies and took amazing care of my new husband and I. Please use them!!!
    Michelle Married on 01/19/2019

Amazing Caterer!

Toast was simply amazing. My-Dung helped me from beginning to end and acted as another coordinator which saved me from so much stress. Everything ran smoothly with no hiccups and the entire team went over and beyond to make our wedding day successful. We received multiple comments from guests that the food was the best wedding food they've ever had! The team was sweet enough to pack to-go plates for my husband and I - a real treat the next day! Would highly recommend!
  • User2518141 2+ years ago
    Excellent food and very responsive staff. They were very flexible and answered all of our questions quickly and thoroughly!
    Natalie W. Married on 09/01/2019

Great Choice for Your Wedding!

TOAST is a fantastic choice for your wedding! We got married 9/1/19 at Thomas Fogarty Winery. From the start TOAST was very accommodating, arranging for us to come in for our trial while we lived in San Diego, and they communicated very efficiently from then on out via email.

The food was delicious the day of our wedding. We went with a BBQ buffet, friend chicken and ribs. Everything was AMAZING and our guests were so satisfied.

The servers and all staff at our wedding were very professional, and always available to top off wine, water and answer questions.

I would give TOAST a 5/5, but the only negative I would have to say is the day of the wedding the servers didn't know that our sweetheart table, and our parent's table were supposed to be served a special wine, despite many communications via email with special wine serving instructions. This was easily fixed once the a server came to our sweetheart table, tried to pour us the wine meant for the other guests, and I asked them about the wine we had set aside. Also, the servers didn't seem to know about the food we had ordered. I heard from guests that they had asked the staff what the big bowl of honey butter was for, not knowing it was honey butter at the time and some staff instructed guests to put it on their fruit as if it was cream. The honey butter was meant for the corn bread. Again, not a big deal and easily fixed, and laughable when I saw guests plates with honey butter on top of their fruit salad.
  • User1924291 2+ years ago
    This is a father/daughter team. Both very nice. The daughter helped pick out the party rental items and made sure they were delivered and cleaned (which wasn't done by the venue).
  • Mindy
    Mindy Married on 05/02/2013
    We had to go with company for food as the venue we chose has some sort of contract with Toast. The presentation was beautiful, however the food was definitely not up to par for the price paid! The chicken was overcooked and very dry, the sauce on the chicken was dried up, the vegetables and potatoes were under cooked and very hard. To eat chicken had to swallow cup of water with each bite. All the guests mentioned the same complaints. I am not sure if it was all cooked at once and was under a heat lamp which caused the issues, but I was extremely disappointed in the product.