46 Reviews for The Party Place

Dance Floor (1)
Tent Accessories (1)
Tents (1)
46 The Party Place Reviews

Great service, excellent products, and super nice people working at the warehouse.

Profile Picture Ryan, 9/3/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

Our venue provided most of the dishware (glasses, silverware, serveware) and they offered to arrange for the rest of our rentals, but we ended up using Party Place for our table/chair/linen/special plates because it was cheaper to do so through our wedding coordinator. Party Place was great. For a small fee ($60) they dropped off and picked everything up which was so helpful. They were even able to change our guest count the day before and add on a tent canopy day-of when it looked like there might be rain during our ceremony. Two thumbs up!

Profile Picture M, 6/10/17, 7 Reviews
0.5

I had a horrible experience renting from The Party Place for my wedding. I do not recommend using them!

Our first issue was that they didn't have large enough quantities of many of the items I wanted to rent (champagne glasses, pipe and drape, etc.).

Our second issue was that we had a number of extra charges on the week of our wedding (not a fun surprise).
First, they had forgotten to add an after hours pick up fee to our estimate, even though they knew from the beginning that it would be past 6PM and the time was written on the contract. Then, even though I explicitly put in our contract that I was the only person who could make changes, they allowed our caterer to add and remove items without notifying me or getting approval, leaving us with a hefty balance to pay a day before the wedding and putting us way over budget.

Profile Picture Lily, 12/30/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Delivery, Setup, Barware, Flatware, Glassware

Tons of options and great value!

Profile Picture User5617451, 1+ year ago, 11 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Tents, Clean Up, Delivery, Setup, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

This rental company has an extensive selection of various types of party needs. My husband and I used this company to supply the items for our wedding and they had competitive prices as well. We were able to get almost everything from them for our wedding. It was nice to have a one-stop-shop. The staff were easy to work with and provided great support and assistance in finding the items we were looking for. They're really great at helping put ideas together as well to have a beautiful outcome. The delivery and clean up was also great and timely.

Profile Picture Christina, 7/23/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Altar/Arch, Chairs, Tables, Clean Up, Delivery, Setup

We went into the store to look at the options and reserve all our rentals. There was only one person working there at the time and she did a great job helping us, giving us information, and dealing with other customers that came in. She was very knowledgeable and helped us problem solve a few things. They were responsive when we needed to add or take away an item, or adjust numbers for our final head counts. We received an updated order summary each time we made a change. Only frustrating aspect was they ran out of the tong size we reserved and didn't tell us until the day before the delivery via e-mail. We called the morning of the delivery, but the truck already went out (with a replacement tong option, but not a replacement that was going to work). I wish they'd called, not e-mailed, so close to the date. But we requested a different style tong and they brought them to us that same day--sent a driver all the way to West Linn just to deliver the tongs! Highly recommended.

Profile Picture Hannah, 5/28/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: Chairs, Lights, Tables, Delivery, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens
3.0

The wide selection of wedding rentals available at the Party Place was great. We did not have the best experience with our contact person there. Carole was difficult to get a response from, my wedding planner and I had to contact her repeatedly to get updated quotes and contracts for our rentals. Finally (only a few weeks before the wedding) she recommended that someone else do the lighting because they could not provide it and luckily we were able to find someone else. Once we got all of the rentals to the venue, everything looked great!

Profile Picture User5575764, 2+ years ago, 9 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Setup, Aisle Runners, Altar/Arch, Tent Accessories

Oscar at The Party Place was so accommodating. We rented a bunch of furniture and dinnerware, and he was super patient with changes to our order. I highly recommend The Party Place! Their pick up and delivery was on time and very fast and efficient.

Profile Picture User5547573, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
4.7

Great to work with The Party Place. We rented our wedding equipment from them and found them to be professional, responsive and everything that we rented was in good working order - no surprises:) Would definitely recommend them to others.

Profile Picture Riki, 8/23/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Setup, Clean Up, Delivery, Tables, Lights, Chairs, Linens

So easy getting our wedding rental items from here! The chairs and tables were in great shape, and were a steal at this price.

Profile Picture Amy, 6/14/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

A great vendor from start to finish! We wanted a rustic, yet elegant look and Brian was great to work with. We loved his ideas and options and their selection was impressive. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/28/14, 12 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

The Party Place was a pleasure to work with. We ordered our rental items in person at the showroom in Portland. Even though we had done some research in advance and had drafted a list of what we needed, they were very helpful in explaining items we had missed based on the details we provided about the day we had planned. They were very clear about their policies, and flexible about amending the contract as we made some changes to the plan and decreased the size of our guest list. The drivers arrived on time for both set up and take down, and set up the chairs and tables just as we had requested. We would recommend getting your order in place several months before your wedding -- we were able to get all the items we wanted, but if we had waited longer, we might not have been able to get popular items like mason jar mugs. Great vendor!

Profile Picture Jane, 7/26/14, 7 Reviews
4.2

Carole wasreally helpful when we were in the show room ordering all the serving pieces and bar tables bar etc. But after we left she was very hard to get a hold of so responsive it he not so great but their priceswere good. The pallet bar was really cool! We built pallet boxes to match it to put flowers on and that combined with the wood high top bar tables created a cool vibe!

Profile Picture Anne , 7/12/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Tables, Clean Up, Delivery, Setup

We used Party Place to rent the arbor for our ceremony. They were 100% professional and easy to work with from the initial inquiry to returning the arbor after the wedding. I would recommend working with them on anything you might need - I'm sorry we didn't use them for more of the things we needed!

Profile Picture Becky, 4/26/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor

Angela was extremely sweet and helpful! I came in the day before my wedding and ended up changing my order after seeing a display that I liked. She made it happen no problem and quickly on-the-spot!

Profile Picture Jasmin, 12/27/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

had no complaints. thanks so much!

Profile Picture Erin, 8/31/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

They showed up on time and picked everything up on time. They were very easy to work with and it was pretty straight forward.

Profile Picture April, 7/27/13, 10 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

They are very flexible when working with a tight timeline and very professional about it.

Profile Picture Amber, 7/21/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

We decided at the last minute to rent the tables and linens for our wedding. We contacted The Party Place less than ONE WEEK before the event, and they had no problem getting us everything we needed on short notice. They delivered, set up, and picked up everything themselves, making a lot less stress for our family and friends who were helping set up and tear down.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 6/16/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

I can not say enough great things about The Party Place, they were absolutely wonderful to work with!!! Carole and Chris came out and did a site visit, then Chris and Felix came out 3 more times to make sure they got all of our tent dimensions right for our reception in The Dalles which is over an hour out of Portland, that is amazing customer service! Carole was so flexible to work with me when I was always adding and subtracting things from my rental list, always prompt on getting back to my emails.

When the crew came to set up our 3 tents, they all were professionally dressed, and all 10 guys worked their tails off, there were no slackers on the crew! They were so kind when I was always coming to check on things, and taking pictures of the progress. They were so quick to put up and to take down the tents.

I just can not say enough how great The Party Place was to work with! Amazing, amazing people to work with when your planning your wedding!!!

Profile Picture Tiffany, 5/4/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

My fiancé and I worked with Breezy Rios at the Stark location and had a most excellent experience. She was patient, willing to explain how the rentals worked, very friendly, and assuring that she would personally confirm with us before the wedding. They were flexible about drop off and pick up times/days- they even picked up on a Sunday without the extra fee that other rental companies wanted to charge us for a weekend pickup.
A storm appeared in the forecast for my wedding day Breezy met with me a few days before to add on tent rentals. She was calm and unrushed (which I obviously needed) and helped me figure out exactly what I needed. She never tried to push sales or extra rentals on me, just wanted to make me happy.
On the day of delivery, set up was quick and painless. There was a small hole in one of the tents, but otherwise, I was very pleased with our rental and would recommend The Party Place to anyone. Thanks, Breezy!!

Profile Picture Katrina, 10/13/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

i rented linens from the party place and it couldn't have been easier. they had exactly what i was looking for. they let me and my florist come into the shop and do mock table settings. Very reasonable price too.

Profile Picture katie, 9/8/12, 10 Reviews
3.8

They where very nice and eger to help. Not to expensive and good tables.

Profile Picture Kathy, 8/11/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

Virginia at the Party Place is awesome! She is so sweet and helpful and always very quick to respond. She helped me to pick out all the colors, patterns, plate and glassware that were perfect for our wedding:)

Profile Picture Nicole, 8/6/11, 4 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

I would highly recommend the party place for your wedding rentals. Brynn was a delight to work with. I think I might have changed my order 4-5 times and each time it only took minutes and she was always so gracious to help. In addition, they gave us the option to pay to have a specific delivery time (which came in really handy the day of the wedding) rather than a window delivery time. The day of the wedding the venue's tables were a different size that they had previously quoted. The party place exchanged them and delivered the correct size with no questions.

Great Job!